Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor

Default New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor

Well, after over a year of debating, weighing my options, toiling over brands, I finally made the decision to go with the Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor with KL-401 Loader. Kleis Equipment in Constantia, NY delivered it today and I very impressed with the non-pressure sale and what I feel was a very fair deal. I think I made the right decision. I took it for a spin to show to my neighbor down the street and at 19 degrees the heat was awesome - everything seems great. I can't wait to get some practial use out of it.

My plans are to get a root rake and start clearing out the brush from about 57 acres of woods. I am looking at the Skid Steer Express Root Grapple Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and I was wondering what the thoughts are on this and/or if anyone has purchased one. They are showing a $1,575.00 price with $75.00 shipping to a residence. Just looking for input to be prepared for some heavy duty brush clearing in a climate controlled cab this summer. Thanks in advance.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Congrats, great choice, but i might be biased! Careful clearing bush with the cab and protect the antenna before you start, you will ripe it off and possibly punch a hole in the roof. Its a good idea to beef up the grill guard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor

To the pack!
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Congrats! Go over to the "Attachments" sub forum and search "grapple" & there are some real good threads on several popular brands. Be careful grubbing, you grill, radiator, rad fan, hydraulic & electrical connections are vulnerable to sticks. There has been quite a discussion on a belly pan for out DK tractors...they really need one. If you weld put some heavy mesh in the grill guard.

Things sticks have grabbed on my tractor: one rad fan(took every blade clean off), dis-connected several hyd connections, one engine side shield/access panel(the 3' long grey one...then I ran over it), one dent in the front grill, & broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

Enjoy that cab...I'm envious!
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

You will love the tractor, I have well over 200 hours on my 12 and it has been trouble free. Ken has good advise, the roofs are very fragile on these units so operate accordingly. I will be building a full guard for mine this year both the roof and bellypan. 1 thing I did that makes a huge difference is put walkway grating on the backside of my grapple so sticks and small trees can't poke through it into the front of the tractor. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

& broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

You don't own a Kioti if you haven't wadded up your bucket level indicator rod at least once

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    Congrats! Go over to the "Attachments" sub forum and search "grapple" & there are some real good threads on several popular brands. Be careful grubbing, you grill, radiator, rad fan, hydraulic & electrical connections are vulnerable to sticks. There has been quite a discussion on a belly pan for out DK tractors...they really need one. If you weld put some heavy mesh in the grill guard.

Things sticks have grabbed on my tractor: one rad fan(took every blade clean off), dis-connected several hyd connections, one engine side shield/access panel(the 3' long grey one...then I ran over it), one dent in the front grill, & broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

Enjoy that cab...I'm envious!
    You sound like me, you actually use your tractor!! I bent my indicator rod, broke off the antenna and bent [a little] one of the lower side panels. That was the first 50 hours, the last 150+ have been good. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    & broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

You don't own a Kioti if you haven't wadded up your bucket level indicator rod at least once

James K0UA
    Yep. Did that too...

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, JD X475. HPX Gator, Woodmizer LT10

Good choice on DK40, great tractor.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor

Thanks everyone. Some good points and things I did not think about. I took the tractor in the woods yesterday, just to see how it handled. The cab is quite tall and I learned quickly that I have to always be aware of all objects. It does have awesome power. I actually had to use it this morning to clear over a foot of snow. My wife even got on it after I went to work and cleared another foot of snow by noon. She was always a 'Green' tractor fan, but after a half hour in the warm cab with the radio playing and she loved it. It is nice when the better half likes the equipment as much as I do.
    I am going to check out palletforks.com as they have a good looking Root Grapple rake and a lot of positive feedback on the attachment forum. Thanks again everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast