DK40SE HST Price Check

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #1  

wagnon89

Tractor
2017 Kioti NX4510 HST, 1972 Ford 2000
Hey folks. Been lurking on here for quite awhile. I'm ready to get a new tractor hopefully this week. I've about got it narrowed down to the Kioti DK40SE HST or maybe a LS 4041/4047. What kind of prices have yall been getting this year. My two closest Kioti Dealers have quoted me $23,529 and $ 23,889 out the door with no extras. Seems a little high compared to what I've seen some post on here. Granted, that was just over the phone quotes. I like the Kioti better so far but the LS seems like a good tractor also and it looks like I could get the R4047 for about the same price. Do those seem a little high to yall?

Thanks,
Justin

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #2  
:welcome: what color you like?

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #3  
They're not very meaningfull prices. Once you go sit on the tractors and then sit in the dealers office, the price will change. I like both Kioti and LS (made down the road from each other). If I were in your shoes, I'd go to each dealer, tell them the models you're considering and get some pricing. You may fall in or out of love with one of them when you climb up to the seat anyway.

I'd personally add Mahindra to the list if there's a dealer around and McCormick/Landini are just different color Kiotis, so you may want to get a price on those, although given the 4 year warranty, I'd be inclinded to stick with orange paint.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #4  
Hey just thought of something. You have a Bob Cat dealer by you?, if so you might get a good deal on one since they are getting out of the tractor bizz. Its a kioti in white.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check
They're not very meaningfull prices. Once you go sit on the tractors and then sit in the dealers office, the price will change. I like both Kioti and LS (made down the road from each other). If I were in your shoes, I'd go to each dealer, tell them the models you're considering and get some pricing. You may fall in or out of love with one of them when you climb up to the seat anyway.

I'd personally add Mahindra to the list if there's a dealer around and McCormick/Landini are just different color Kiotis, so you may want to get a price on those, although given the 4 year warranty, I'd be inclinded to stick with orange paint.

The first tractor I tested was a Mahindra 5035. They didn't have HST but said they could get it for me. I really liked the tractor but the dealer was not willing to budge on the price ($30,000) of it if he had to order. He did have a 4035 HST and it was a pretty nice tractor but just didn't care for the 3 cylinder. The 5035 with the 4 cylinder was much smoother it seemed.
I drove a few Kubota's but was not impressed at all. The fit and finish didn't seem near as good as the Kioti or Mahindra until you stepped up to the Grand L series.
My closest Kioti dealer had several DK40/45/50SE's but no HST in stock. Overall the Kioti is my favorite, granted I haven't driven a HST, but I like everything about them pretty much.
I looked at a couple of LS tractors at my closest dealer. He also had no HST's in stock and the guy that dealt with them wasn't there that day. They didn't seem to interested in selling a tractor anyway. When I asked a couple questions I could tell I knew a lot more about the LS line than they did. They pretty much just blew me off. On the other hand, just sitting on the tractors (not driving them) I could tell they were nice units.
I haven't got real serious with my Kioti dealer since he didn't have the exact model I wanted in stock, but I asked him how much room he had on a tractor he orders and he said it was pretty much no haggle pricing. Just wondering what kind of deals yall have been getting on the DK40 SE HST.
Thanks,
Justin

/ DK40SE HST Price Check
Hey just thought of something. You have a Bob Cat dealer by you?, if so you might get a good deal on one since they are getting out of the tractor bizz. Its a kioti in white.

I drove by the closest Bobcat dealer and they had a couple tractors left but they looked like sub compacts. Nothing in the size range I'm looking for.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #8  
Hmmmm. Dealer is REALY important in my experience, there's value in going with a dealer who wants your business and I'd be concerned with a dealer who didn't. Sorry I can't help you with pricing I'm on the other side of the boarder from you and our prices won't mean much to you, but I know there's a huge range depending on your location. You can't compare a Standard L series to a DK series, it's not a fair fight, you have to go to the Grand L and as you say, they get pricey. For what it's worth, I LOVE my DK45 and highly recommend any of the DK's.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #9  
Hey folks. Been lurking on here for quite awhile. I'm ready to get a new tractor hopefully this week. I've about got it narrowed down to the Kioti DK40SE HST or maybe a LS 4041/4047. What kind of prices have yall been getting this year. My two closest Kioti Dealers have quoted me $23,529 and $ 23,889 out the door with no extras. Seems a little high compared to what I've seen some post on here. Granted, that was just over the phone quotes. I like the Kioti better so far but the LS seems like a good tractor also and it looks like I could get the R4047 for about the same price. Do those seem a little high to yall?

Thanks,
Justin

That's a good deal . If I didn't have get the best deal I would have gone with a dealer here in Maine and payed full price. You go any cheap for the best deal you get bad services trust me on that. Now I found a dealer in Maine really helpful if I do buy another kioti I will be buying from them.

/ DK40SE HST Price Check #10  
One other thing to consider. is the DK that the Kioti dealer is ordering, is it a 2013? and if so would have Tier IV emission standard? If so it will be higher than anything we have priced in 2012.. Or is it a 2012 with Tier 4 Interim emission standards? if I remember correctly in April 2012 the DK40se HST I priced was $22,400 but you also have to remember that the tractors go for different amounts of money depending on where you are. Usually cheaper in the south. Good Luck.

James K0UA