Buying Advice CK25

/ CK25 #11  
Ha! I just retired in September and my new "supervisor" would have a bird! But that is a great idea. I agree, driving around ths area, you see them all over the place.

Where did you deal? My dealer is in Athens, about 15 miles from here. He's been great, very competitive on his pricing. Just got a new Kioti Mechron in November. It has the CK20 engine. Works good so far.

Well as they say, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. My dealer is Bromely Farm Supply in Douglas Ont. It's a little over an hour away, but I drive by his door on the way to the cottage. He's been incredible, does warranty work at my place or floats it up to his place if he can't, free of charge. He took my CK30 back after a year and 135 hrs and gave me 94% of what I paid for it when I traded for my DK45. I've been very happy with him.

I only know of a few Kioti's around me, I was actually thinking there are a lot of TBN members who seem to be in the Ottawa area. There does seem to be a lot of Kioti dealers with in an hour of Ottawa, I can think of at least 5. Congrats on the retirement, only 20 more years and I can join you!

/ CK25 #12  
Murph,

I would have gone with a mechaical thumb but I just got a response from the seller that the unit has been sold. He did offer me a new ck30 for with a kl130 FEL for $19,000 and another $7,000 for the backhoe. Kind of getting out of my comfort zone on price and the size of the machine I actually need. I might have to look for a smaller Kubota from a dealer that is close to me.

Thanks

I think the quote on the CK30 is high by about $2K. Have you consider the equivalent Bobcat. Great deals on them now.

As another data point, I have a CK25 equipped with a Rhino 75 backhoe, 18" bucket. With loaded tires, it is a very effective digger. Yes, and the going price for a new frame-mount backhoe is about $1000/ft. without a thumb.

Used, small, effective TLB's are not so common. I suggest you also include the CK20/CT122 in your search for TLBs. These are also very effective diggers for their size.

/ CK25 #13  
I have a CK 25 (1,200 hrs) with the 2475 hoe. As others have said, it will throw the machine around quite easily, but with an 18" bucket, it will also dig like a trooper, I'm very impressed. I'm considering upgrading to the CK35 not for digging, but because of snowblower. I find that in deep wet snow, (24") the tractor's rpm slows down if I work it too hard. Don't want to hurt anything. Another 10 hp at the pto should help with that.

Rmorey, Believe me, I totally understand and can relate to upgrading your 25 to a 35. But I do have one big problem that concerns me. What do you do with the 25? My garage has been too full for the last two weeks with both of them in there.

/ CK25 #14  
Rmorey, Believe me, I totally understand and can relate to upgrading your 25 to a 35. But I do have one big problem that concerns me. What do you do with the 25? My garage has been too full for the last two weeks with both of them in there.
My dealer will take it on trade. The Kioti CK series is actually 3 models, 25 (now 27), 30 and 35 hp. By going with the same series, all my implements will still fit. All I need to deal with is the engine size, the frame is the same. So my backhoe, loader etc. Don't have to be replaced.

/ CK25 #15  
I got caught up shopping for a compact diesel tractor in 2009 when Bobcat was giving them away. So I bought a CT225 it was pretty decked out, dual remote hydraulics, block heater, custom seat, etc. for $11100. After really really liking that tractor I commented a number of times that at that price I should have bought two. Well, something that seems right when you aren't in it, seems to change when you are actually there. I had another opportunity now that Bobcat went out of the CUT business to buy at a similar price again through the employee brother in law discount. I guess it was put up or shut up. So 2 weeks ago i bought the CT235. Now I have to follow the rules of Roger Welsch in his book "Old Tractors and the Men who love them" I have to keep them in different buildings so Mama doesn't realize how many I have. Never ever line them up. Don't give them numbers, only names. Through rule #10, if she ever asks who you love more, her or the tractors, DO NOT ask for time to think about it.

/ CK25 #16  
I got caught up shopping for a compact diesel tractor in 2009 when Bobcat was giving them away. So I bought a CT225 it was pretty decked out, dual remote hydraulics, block heater, custom seat, etc. for $11100. After really really liking that tractor I commented a number of times that at that price I should have bought two. Well, something that seems right when you aren't in it, seems to change when you are actually there. I had another opportunity now that Bobcat went out of the CUT business to buy at a similar price again through the employee brother in law discount. I guess it was put up or shut up. So 2 weeks ago i bought the CT235. Now I have to follow the rules of Roger Welsch in his book "Old Tractors and the Men who love them" I have to keep them in different buildings so Mama doesn't realize how many I have. Never ever line them up. Don't give them numbers, only names. Through rule #10, if she ever asks who you love more, her or the tractors, DO NOT ask for time to think about it.

Thanks, I like it. I use the multi building trick myself. Now I'm building a shed 15 x20.

/ CK25 #17  
Murph,

I would have gone with a mechaical thumb but I just got a response from the seller that the unit has been sold. He did offer me a new ck30 for with a kl130 FEL for $19,000 and another $7,000 for the backhoe. Kind of getting out of my comfort zone on price and the size of the machine I actually need. I might have to look for a smaller Kubota from a dealer that is close to me.

Thanks

if you are loooking at a B series, best ask the bota dealer about possible issues with mounting a MMM if that was an intention with having a BH. its not straight forward as you might think. You may need a Woods backhoe, or so I was informed.

/ CK25 #18  
Steve,

Have you considered a "gently used" CK25 and pick up a new hoe. Bet you could do that for $15k-18k.