Buying Advice CK25

/ CK25 #1  

sjm1580

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HST, Takeuchi TL220, Kubota zd221
I am calling the dealer in the morning to see what kind of deal he can make on adding a new Kioti Backhoe (w) thumb to this machine.

New Kioti CK25 w/ldr

Any price suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was considering a kubota bx 25 but I think this would be a better fit for my needs. Thanks for any suggestions on this machine or pricing.

Steve

/ CK25 #2  
You're looking at @ $7500 for a Kioti 2475 hoe. Not sure how much the thumb adds.

/ CK25 #3  
Hydraulic or Mechanical thumb?

/ CK25
Murph,

I would have gone with a mechaical thumb but I just got a response from the seller that the unit has been sold. He did offer me a new ck30 for with a kl130 FEL for $19,000 and another $7,000 for the backhoe. Kind of getting out of my comfort zone on price and the size of the machine I actually need. I might have to look for a smaller Kubota from a dealer that is close to me.

Thanks

/ CK25 #5  
Murph,

I would have gone with a mechaical thumb but I just got a response from the seller that the unit has been sold. He did offer me a new ck30 for with a kl130 FEL for $19,000 and another $7,000 for the backhoe. Kind of getting out of my comfort zone on price and the size of the machine I actually need. I might have to look for a smaller Kubota from a dealer that is close to me.

Thanks
Kubota makes a fine machine too. Find a dealer that your comfortable with.

/ CK25
Murph,
Ive had several Kubotas and the one I wish I hadn't sold was a b3030 with a FEL and Woods bh. I am trying to get an equivilant machine but there are very very few in the south Florida area that don't have thousands of hours. To tell you the truth I don't have any experience with Kioti's except what I have read here and they seem to be very good. I am going to stick with either Kubota or Kioti and try for something along the lines of the B3030 (whatever the current equivilant is if I have to buy new). Any advice you can pass along about good and bad models would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

/ CK25 #7  
Nothing wrong with Kubota, but you'll notice that their true TBL machines all of a sudden jump way up in weight from the other machines in the same series series (B26, L39, M59). You need weight for a backhoe. A 7 foot bh will probably toss a B3030 around like a toy. I had a CK30 with loaded tires and Woods BH-70x bh. It was an amazing digger, but the bh could still drag me around a little and that machine was about 6500# all in.

The B3030 has been replaced by the B3300.

/ CK25 #8  
I have a CK 25 (1,200 hrs) with the 2475 hoe. As others have said, it will throw the machine around quite easily, but with an 18" bucket, it will also dig like a trooper, I'm very impressed. I'm considering upgrading to the CK35 not for digging, but because of snowblower. I find that in deep wet snow, (24") the tractor's rpm slows down if I work it too hard. Don't want to hurt anything. Another 10 hp at the pto should help with that.

/ CK25 #9  
I have a CK 25 (1,200 hrs) with the 2475 hoe. As others have said, it will throw the machine around quite easily, but with an 18" bucket, it will also dig like a trooper, I'm very impressed. I'm considering upgrading to the CK35 not for digging, but because of snowblower. I find that in deep wet snow, (24") the tractor's rpm slows down if I work it too hard. Don't want to hurt anything. Another 10 hp at the pto should help with that.

That would let you keep the same hoe, but I don't regret going from a CK to DK for a minute. If you're making a trade, think about a DK 40 with a bigger hoe, it's only money :) I'm also amazed how many folks there are from around Ottawa here :thumbsup:

/ CK25 #10  
That would let you keep the same hoe, but I don't regret going from a CK to DK for a minute. If you're making a trade, think about a DK 40 with a bigger hoe, it's only money :) I'm also amazed how many folks there are from around Ottawa here :thumbsup:

Ha! I just retired in September and my new "supervisor" would have a bird! But that is a great idea. I agree, driving around ths area, you see them all over the place.

Where did you deal? My dealer is in Athens, about 15 miles from here. He's been great, very competitive on his pricing. Just got a new Kioti Mechron in November. It has the CK20 engine. Works good so far.