What is the CK Field Cab?

/ What is the CK Field Cab? #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
Some day I'm going to buy a cab tractor. I'm not that fragile, but I figure by the time I can afford a new machine, I will be.

So while cruising the Kioti site, I saw a photo of a CL with a cab, blowing snow. None of the info on the refers to a cab. Except for the promotional section. In the new promotions, they refer to a $1000 rebate for all CK tractors with a Field Kab. Yes, spelled Kab. I guess for Kioti.

So what does the Field Kab look like? Is it like the DKs? Heat & A/C?

Just curious.

/ What is the CK Field Cab? #2  
it is an add-on cab for the CK series. It comes in pieces and has to be built on the tractor. It does resemble a DK cab. It has heat but no air. It is pretty "salty" in price, up @ 6+ grand. Quite a bit of labor, It also has an upholstery kit that can be installed.
Not a bad cab, but not like a factory cab.

/ What is the CK Field Cab? #3  
it is an add-on cab for the CK series. It comes in pieces and has to be built on the tractor. It does resemble a DK cab. It has heat but no air. It is pretty "salty" in price, up @ 6+ grand. Quite a bit of labor, It also has an upholstery kit that can be installed.
Not a bad cab, but not like a factory cab.

I added one to my CK30, about 8 months after I bought the tractor. At the time, they went on sale $1500 off. Mine came to about $6500 installed, but that included a second remote and those are Canadian prices. I'm not sure I'd call that "salty", it's a fair bit lower than many other aftermarket options.

I'm not sure what the upholstery kit is, that wasn't an option 18 months ago when I bought mine. It does come with a sound proofing kit as standard. That includes matting that wraps the sides, floor and under the dash to reduce noise. I previously owned a JD 955 with aftermarket cab and I currently own a DK45 with factory cab and the CK "Kab" is right in the middle as far as finish and noise.

Yes it looks like a factory cab from the outside, but it is missing a lot of the refinement on the inside, A/C being one of the big ones. It is much better than the other aftermarket options and price around the same, if not a little cheaper.

Here's my full review of the cab with pictures.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/230081-new-comfort-cab-ck30-review.html

Here's a couple pics to show how it compares to the factory cab.
P1017097.JPGP1017094.JPG