Buying Advice CS2410 and 1026(5)

/ CS2410 and 1026(5) #1  

scott67

Tractor
Massey 1529
I was looking at specs between the 2410 and 1025r. They seem very close with slightly greater pto hp to the kioti.

Still looking at both scuts and cuts but for the smaller ones its between the jd and kioti. My quote from jd is for a 1026 and 2 grand higher than the kioti. Now even better warranty incentives on the kioti for a while.

I like like the joystick position on the jd and cruise is standard. With the jd I'm specing all jd implements so that be a bit more as well.

I've taken the JD for a short spin, but have not driven the Kioti.

Last edited:
   / CS2410 and 1026(5) #2  
I just got a MF GC2600 and also considered those models you listed. All the subcompacts spec out near the same, I doubt you would notice much difference in terms of performance. The JD has the quick attach and drive over deck but I couldn't justify the extra money for it. AFter having the GC2600 for a little while I would say I wish I would have stepped up to a compact tractor. Either new if I could dig up an extra couple grand or a lightly used (100-500 hour) compact tractor for same price as what I paid for new GC2600. Take a serious look at the compact size rather than subcompact if you plan on doing much ground engaging work or work in the woods. The subcompacts can handle an impressive amount for their size but I've often found myself wishing I would've stepped up to compact.