Buying Advice kioti ck35hst sizing

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #21  
Here's one

WR Long Bucket Grapple

There are many more

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #22  
A 4n1 for a CK is going to run close to $3000 by the time that you get the bucket and 3rd function. That is why the small price difference for the CK to the DK. The OP said that the DK was priced without the 4n1. I agree that the DK is waaaaaaay more tractor. But without knowing more, maybe the DK is the wrong tractor for the guy. :confused3:

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #23  
A 4n1 for a CK is going to run close to $3000 by the time that you get the bucket and 3rd function. That is why the small price difference for the CK to the DK. The OP said that the DK was priced without the 4n1. I agree that the DK is waaaaaaay more tractor. But without knowing more, maybe the DK is the wrong tractor for the guy. :confused3:

Yep. That's why I questioned what he wanted a 4n1 for, and suggested the grapple options. Depends on intended uses, I guess.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
Yep. That's why I questioned what he wanted a 4n1 for, and suggested the grapple options. Depends on intended uses, I guess.

I have a horse farm. Mostly would use the 4in1 for cleaning up brush, tree branches and leftover hay from round bales.

I currently own a 1976 ford 2600...really anything is an improvement for me.

I like the bucket grapple idea.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #25  
I have a horse farm. Mostly would use the 4in1 for cleaning up brush, tree branches and leftover hay from round bales.

I currently own a 1976 ford 2600...really anything is an improvement for me.

I like the bucket grapple idea.

If these are the intended purposes for the 4n1, forget the 4n1 and get a grapple similar to one of these.

You will be better served with a full on grapple IMO. ;)

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #26  
If these are the intended purposes for the 4n1, forget the 4n1 and get a grapple similar to one of these.

You will be better served with a full on grapple IMO. ;)

X2. I own a DK40se,a light duty 48" grapple and a WRLong 4n1. The first two are a fantastic combo for ripping and moving brush. The 4n1 just sucks for that type of work. I can lift enough brush in one bite with my grapple that I can almost fill a 4x8 staked trailer with two or three loads in three minutes or less. It would take fifteen minutes and about that many loads with the 4n1. The fundamental issue for the 4n1 is that the clamping geometry doesn't allow you to compress and hold large loads. It works fine for one log but cannot hold two if the larger log happens to be on top. If the clamping on the 4n1 isn't tight the load falls out. And, it is hard to see what you are grabbing as the 4n1 has a solid back that blocks you view. The grapple is more like a big scoop with a thumb that just holds the load steady so you can keep cramming stuff into the maw of the grapple and then drop the upper grapple arm to just hold it in place. A bit awkward to describe but night and day difference for brush and logs.

The only real reason for a 4n1 bucket IMO is if you are working far away from where you store the tractor and implements. Otherwise just go back to the barn and put either the standard bucket or grapple. A contractor trailering to a job site is a good candidate for a 4n1 but anyone working ten minutes from home base is better served by just the standard bucket and a separate grapple. Not only is the two implement system more effective than a 4n1 but it is a lot cheaper too. I have my grapple mounted about 80% and use the 4n1 about 10% of the time, almost always only when the backhoe is mounted so I can dig out a stump, lift and move it with the 4n1 and then use the bucket to fill in the stump hole and smooth the soil.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #27  
Good advice from folks that know. The Kioti should be quick-attach. You would be able to change from bucket to grapple in about a minute or two without tools. The bolt on grapple is more sensible if you have a none-QA bucket. The BOG does cost less. But if doing significant grapple work, the grapple attachment is the way to go.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
I've decided on the DK40SE, but just waiting for the dealer to get one in. He has one on order that was supposed to be here last week. It has the Shuttle Shift transmission. I've never used one of those so i'm not sure how i would like it. I have used the hydrostatic drive before and love that.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #29  
Tell him you want a DK-40 SE HST with both rear remotes.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #30  
I don't wish to cause problems here, so take this for the :2cents: that it might be worth. Do yourself a favor and order a DK40 HST and be done with it. Don't forget to get both rear remotes and be sure to spec out that you want AT LEAST one of them with the float function.

Good luck. ;)