Buying Advice kioti ck35hst sizing

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #1  

tedhrs

Bronze Member
Hi all....I'm looking at buying a new tractor and have been looking at everything. I currently have a 1976 ford 2600 that I'm looking at retiring. I have been using a friends JD 990 and most recently a JD 3720 to do loader work. I'm wondering if the ck35 would compare?

Dealer here quoted me a ck35 host with fel, long 4-in-1 bucket, fluid filled rear tires, delivery to my house an hour away, first service call on him at my house for $21,650.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #2  
Depends on what you want to do. The JD is a more powerful tractor (44hp), so if it's PTO work, you'd be better off with the 3720. Other than that, the CK35 is heavier, more hydraulic flow, more 3pt lift and similar FEL capacity. I think it could compare very nicely to the 3720 in some ways, but to be fair, you should probably be comparing it to a DK40 or DK45, and in that case the Kioti would crush the Deere! My favorite TBN saying, nothing runs like a Deere... from a Kioti :laughing:

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
PTO wise the only thing I have is a 5' bush hog to cut 10 acres of pasture with. Mostly would be loader work and dragging a chain harrow. I can get a dk40se from him without 4-in1 bucket for $200 more than the ck. Same features...hydro drive, etc...

Was craigslist searching and ran across a Kubota L3830 hst with loader and 4-in-1 with 453 hours for $16000. Very tempted to go look at that.

As for the Deere....I looked at those and would be considering the 3320 or 3520...but the price of the 3320 he quoted me was $28955. I can only imagine what the 3720 is.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #4  
PTO wise the only thing I have is a 5' bush hog to cut 10 acres of pasture with. Mostly would be loader work and dragging a chain harrow. I can get a dk40se from him without 4-in1 bucket for $200 more than the ck. Same features...hydro drive, etc...

Was craigslist searching and ran across a Kubota L3830 hst with loader and 4-in-1 with 453 hours for $16000. Very tempted to go look at that.

As for the Deere....I looked at those and would be considering the 3320 or 3520...but the price of the 3320 he quoted me was $28955. I can only imagine what the 3720 is.

I had a CK30 (same as the CK35, couple hp less) and I now have a DK45 (same as the DK40, just a couple hp more). Either will easily handle a 5' bush hog, it would be undersized for the DK40. I've never used a 4 in 1 bucket, so I don't know what you'd be giving up, but I do know what you'd get by moving to a DK over a CK, and it's worth wayyyyyyy more than $200.

The FEL will lift 2.5X more and uses a bigger bucket. I found the FEL a little underpowered on the CK30, it's a monster on the DK45.
Draft control
Independent, electronic, manual/automatic PTO vs live, mechanical PTO.
Electronic 4X4
4 cylinders vs 3 cylinders
Way more 3 pt lift (amount escapes me now)
2 pedal design hst vs rocker style. There are also issues with the hst on the CK's, I had them and they split and replaced my hst.
Functional split breaks
Many more indicator lights on the dash (4X4, PTO, split breaks etc)
3pt lift control from the rear of the tractor (a crowd favorite)
Just bigger, stronger and heavier.
Horn
1 standard remote vs none standard. Additional remotes are $350 for either CK or DK or $500-$600 installed.

Probably a bunch more, but if I could get that package for $200, it wouldn't take me long to decide.

The Kubota is nice to. It is an older, non current model, but it would compare well to a DK 40 although I'd still take the DK40 anyday of the week. I do really like the replacement of the LXX30 series, the LXX40 series. The HST+ would be something I'd love, but you won't get that on the LXX30 series.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #5  
:welcome: to TBN!

I had a CK25 and recently traded to the CK35. Only 9 hours yet, but notice a big difference at the pto. (snowblower works better) so should work ok. That being said, if I had been offered a DK40 for $200...

Upside, DK fel is over double capacity and is a little wider (more stable on hills). Downside, its not as nimble in the woods. (my opinion only)

All in, I'd go with the DK40 and get used to the extra width/length.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #6  
For 200.00 more, I would jump on that dk in a heartbeat!

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
Would love to have a new big tractor...the price of the used one is drawing me in. Called on the Kubota and he seemed like he would take 14k for it.

Guess I'm torn...I like the features of the kiotis and the price tag for the new ones are hard to beat.

If buying used...can you finance it if its a private seller?

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #8  
Depends on what you want to do. The JD is a more powerful tractor (44hp), so if it's PTO work, you'd be better off with the 3720. Other than that, the CK35 is heavier, more hydraulic flow, more 3pt lift and similar FEL capacity. I think it could compare very nicely to the 3720 in some ways, but to be fair, you should probably be comparing it to a DK40 or DK45, and in that case the Kioti would crush the Deere! My favorite TBN saying, nothing runs like a Deere... from a Kioti :laughing:

Nothing runs like a Deere...When being chased by a Kioti

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #9  
If buying used...can you finance it if its a private seller?

Dealers, generally can get financing anything, however, loan rates will not be 0% for sure. Be careful that new with 0% is not a better deal than used with 6% in monthly payments, once you take a multi-year warranty and the new tractor discounts on implements/accessories into account.

Private sales are between you and the seller. You probably need a certified cheque.