Price Check Fair price for a 2008 DK45S

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #1  

datop

Tractor
Kioti DK45SC, Fordson Super Major, Ford 1220, Farmall Super C
I've been reading the forums and have settled on the KIOTI DK series. Was looking at new, but found a used one.
Here's what the dealer has:
2008 DK45s Cab, heat, A/C, stereo, 525hrs. Kioti 451 Loader with self leveling 2700# lift cap Q-attach bucket.
It has Ag tires with the rears ballasted, tire chains, and 2 rear remotes. Tires look to be not worn much.
He wants $22,500. Fair price or ???
Dealer is 3 hours away, so is this worth going to see?

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #2  
I would say a tad high being out of warranty

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #3  
murphy1244 said:
I would say a tad high being out of warranty

I agree. I would say its more in the range of $18 - 20 000

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #4  
Price seems high, but you might be able to bargain it to where you want it. If service records are available I'd want to see them.

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #5  
I paid $28K for my 2006 DK45SC, new. Except for no tire chains, it came equipped similar to the '08 you are looking at, but with industrial tires, 6' blower and 6' brush mower included in that price. So, I'd say the asking price might be a tad high, but not outrageously so. I did use the warranty for a couple of items, including the shift fork (an otherwise expensive repair!), so being out of warranty knocks a couple of thou off value all by itself, IMHO.
By the way, it has been a really good, reliable tractor for my uses (I'm now over 800 hrs).

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #6  
Thats about 4,000 more then a bank would normally lend someone to buy it by the book.

/ Fair price for a 2008 DK45S #7  
Thats about 4,000 more then a bank would normally lend someone to buy it by the book.

That is a useful way to consider tractor prices. I assume you, as a dealer, can just look that up in a database. Is it a proprietary or is it an accessible on line data service like Kelly blue book?