DK90 shopping

/ DK90 shopping
You are right on the money with this statement, it was a deal breaker for me.

I had a DK35 Cab Kioti and a dealer that I really liked and had every intention of sticking with them when I upgraded this Spring. I ended up going with the LS 7030 CPS because of the Power Shuttle and 40F/20R speeds. Same HP, saved some cash and it already came with three remotes. I REALLY wanted to buy the Kioti but for me it just wasn't right for just those reasons you said.

Great write up and very valuable for those looking at this tractor.

Dave

No LS Dealers anywhere even close, so I did not look at one. I did do some "research" on them and liked the Kioti better, overall. I will manage with the gearing issue pretty nicely, but it would be nice to have more choices, for sure. If I had your 750 speed pto it would be a piece of cake............or maybe it is the 7040 that has the 750 speed?

I could throttle down and run the 750 pto at about 540 and probably save some fuel. Running my 1000 pto at 540 would put me roughly at 1200rpm, which may run the haybine but not the baler. I will not try this until the machine is well broken-in. It probably will be unsatisfactory...

On the fuel thing, the DK90 sips fuel when idling around (loader work, etc), sips fuel when running my little haybine, and then burns lots more when running the baler. It is still pretty economical overall. I am comparing it to a Duetz air cooled 6 which literally seems to run on air. The old 4cyl Minnies I have had/have are very economical on fuel also, so I am spoiled bad on this aspect.

PS, funny sign!

PS again, I just had a look at a 10min video review of the LS7040 on the ytube by Curtis of LS Canada. The machine looks pretty nice. I wish I had all the machinery dealer options around here..... I kind-of chuckle when people are deciding between 4 different dealers from 5 miles to 20 miles away (as if there is some kind of a significant difference there). I can't even find pavement within 10 miles or more, LOL.

Last edited:
   / DK90 shopping #32  
Both the 7040 and 7030 CPS has the 540/750/1000 pto. I also really wanted the hi-lo power shuttle, so I went with the LS.

I could see Kioti coming out with an RX 9010PC with hi-lo power shuttle and 540/750/1000 pto. I would have bought one! :thumbsup:

/ DK90 shopping
They already make it for non-North-American markets under the DX prefix. I would have paid more for that.

DX100, DX75

/ DK90 shopping #34  
Holeycow - Good to see you're reasonably happy with the DK90.

By way of interest our DK1002 has just clocked up over 620hrs & is more than meeting our expectations - no regrets/no downtime (we also ordered last week 2xDX100's which should be delivered in a week or so)

/ DK90 shopping
Hi MBTRAC.

The DK keeps running better and better. I can almost shift it now, LOL. One thing I am wondering about; mine has an annoying rattle in the clutch linkage rod (the top pin in the vertical rod under the dash and up to the right of the pedal mount/pivot). It stops when I pull the pedal up with my toe or lightly push the clutch pedal. It happens right at/near working rpm. It comes and goes depending on the orientation of the pin, I think. I wrapped an o-ring up there trying to alleviate it, but no luck. Does yours do that? Is it a normal vibration? It is coming right from the clutch and through the linkage I think.

Mine still has only 80 hours. Haying is "one of those years". We continue to have rain showers every few days/every week. Uuuuugh. I have a bunch down now that just got rained on heavily last night. It is definately a start-and-stop operation. I should heve been done, yet I am only 10%. Oh well.

Looking forward to hearing about those dx models.....

Oh ya, "THE WEATHER NETWORK" HAS THE WORST FORECASTING IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE. With all the technology, you'd think they might have a clue. They are utterly useless. Rant over.......for now.

/ DK90 shopping #36  
(we also ordered last week 2xDX100's which should be delivered in a week or so)

Sure rub it in. We can't even get ONE over here! :)

/ DK90 shopping #37  
Hi MBTRAC.

The DK keeps running better and better. I can almost shift it now, LOL. One thing I am wondering about; mine has an annoying rattle in the clutch linkage rod (the top pin in the vertical rod under the dash and up to the right of the pedal mount/pivot). It stops when I pull the pedal up with my toe or lightly push the clutch pedal. It happens right at/near working rpm. It comes and goes depending on the orientation of the pin, I think. I wrapped an o-ring up there trying to alleviate it, but no luck. Does yours do that? Is it a normal vibration? It is coming right from the clutch and through the linkage I think.

Mine still has only 80 hours. Haying is "one of those years". We continue to have rain showers every few days/every week. Uuuuugh. I have a bunch down now that just got rained on heavily last night. It is definately a start-and-stop operation. I should heve been done, yet I am only 10%. Oh well.

Looking forward to hearing about those dx models.....

Oh ya, "THE WEATHER NETWORK" HAS THE WORST FORECASTING IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE. With all the technology, you'd think they might have a clue. They are utterly useless. Rant over.......for now.

I'm not aware of any rattles in our DK - there's a slight harmonic ressonance under load when lugging hard. And guess what ?
The deliver date on our new Dx's has blown our - pretty much as expected asTractors dealers are more vague than the weather ..............if it's any consolation we keep being told it's one of our warmest winters for years - yer right, sorta doesn't explain why were burning more firewood than we have in years with the heavy frosts at home......... the days may be c.20-24C but the nights are falling to Zero ^ below :cold:

/ DK90 shopping
the resonance I hear/feel is typical then.

the clutch linkage rattle seems somewhat 'tied to' the resonance on mine.

my tractor took 5 weeks??? to show up, or somewhere in there.

the demand is outstripping the supply, I think.

/ DK90 shopping #39  
I am also looking at the dk90, I am not familiar with the kioti, I am switching from john deere due to there ridiculously high prices and also I am an hour and a half away from the dealer so every time there computer malfunctions I have to haul it across the mountains, to my best of my knowledge there are no computers in the kioti which is great because I can fix it myself, just wondering are they reliable tractors and are they heavy duty, will be using it to clear dense brush for the first couple of years then hopefully will upgrade to a batwing. Does the 4wd work well because I have hills where you have to stick the john deere in 2nd gear going up and I've also had to fill the bucket full of rock to keep the front end on the ground while going up.

/ DK90 shopping #40  
Jd5203,
man your not far from me.......you are more than welcome to come run mine and you can see what it can do for yourself. The 4x4 is awesome and I take mine up and down some extremely steep terrain. Then if you like it I will take you down and meet my dealer. He has 1 in stock right now too.:thumbsup: