Thoughts on CS2410 pricing

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #1  

MaxLee

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CS2410
Hello,
New to forum have a question on pricing.

Getting into the market for a scut this spring, and like many others over whelmed by the information. I read some post that recommend just going to dealers and test drive which I agree and plan to do.

I would like to know peoples thoughts on the Kioti CS2410, I have got a verbal price for the tractor, FEL , MMM for $ 12,700.00 plus tax. This includes the cash back incentive, and a 5 year warranty. I myself am a warranty guy, especially on larger purchases.

The one draw back for me is the availability of a cab, I plan in the future to buy a blower and a cab would be nice, they don't make one :( not sure why, would think it would be an automatic when buying a blower.

Appreciate any ones input

Max

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #2  
Welcome to TBN.

You won't find a cab from the mft. for a scut. Kubota probably makes the smallest factory cab on the B3000 and Kioti is the only one I know of that makes it's own aftermarket, dealer installed cab, but it's only available for the CK line.

I owned a CK30 and added the Kioti comfort cab. I've also owned a JD 955 with JDP aftermarket cab. The Kioti was much more refined and much closer to a factory cab. There is still a big difference between the comfort cab and the factory cab on my DK45 though.

If you want to stay with a scut, look for soft cabs that can be installed for the winter and removed for the summer. There's a wide range of options that will go from a couple hundred to several thousand dollars. You'll find something that can be adapted to the CS, but I doubt anybody has something specifically for it, although I believe Kioti just bought the tooling and the CS is similar/identical to some of the older New Holland scuts (I'm sure somebody will correct me on that).

Consider moving to the CK20. It's a much larger frame and much more capable machine. It's still small enough to be as nimble as you need, but will give you more options for the snowblower, cab options and give you a stronger FEL.

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing
Hello Kiotiken
I was looking at that model too, but they don't make a MMM for that size do they? I want a good size mower, but not rear mount. I been mowing a few arces with a JD sabre 42" for 12 years now, was thinking of getting a pull behind for the quad but I think its time to get a new tractor. The FEL will be use mostly for small work around property and snow removal until I have the cash for the blower. This is really worse then buying a car ! :(

I am going to the dealer today, he has both models there and I was planning on having him quote me on the CK20 also. But the MMM is the killer on that, unless they do have one which I couldn't confirm anywhere.

A soft cab was what I would like, don't want it on only for winter use. Like you said I can always get one thats close to the CS and modify .

Thanks for our reply

Max

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #4  
Hello Kiotiken
I was looking at that model too, but they don't make a MMM for that size do they? I want a good size mower, but not rear mount. I been mowing a few arces with a JD sabre 42" for 12 years now, was thinking of getting a pull behind for the quad but I think its time to get a new tractor. The FEL will be use mostly for small work around property and snow removal until I have the cash for the blower. This is really worse then buying a car ! :(

I am going to the dealer today, he has both models there and I was planning on having him quote me on the CK20 also. But the MMM is the killer on that, unless they do have one which I couldn't confirm anywhere.

A soft cab was what I would like, don't want it on only for winter use. Like you said I can always get one thats close to the CS and modify .

Thanks for our reply

Max

Well, we've had this discussion recently. I posted the brochure for the CK20 that very clearly says a MMM is available for the CK20. Unfortunately, several people were told by their dealers that a MMM was not available, so I don't know what to say. Kioti obviously puts a lot more time and effort into their tractors than their brochures and website.

The FEL makes a lousy snow plow. I'd think about a rear scraper blade instead until you can get a snow blower. You can always sell it when you're done with it. Obviously, the CK20 will do much better with a blade than the CS. I have a 74" inverted (pull style) snow blower and I find that I still use my rear scraper blade for lighter snow and it actually does a better job on my paved driveway.

I bought 3 tractors in 3 years (2 of them brand new Kiotis), and I'm finally happy with what I have and what it can do. My advice is to think about all the jobs you might want to do and make sure you buy enough tractor to do it. Tractors make lousy mowers and mowers make lousy tractors, so it's tough to get one machine to do it all. If you can get a MMM for a CK20, it may be a fairly ideal compromise.

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #5  
:welcome: to TBN!

Just went to the dealer, check both tractors out. The dealer says they don't make a MMM for the CK20, so thats a deal breaker on that. The CS2410 looks to be a well built tractor, I know its not a as big as the CK20, but for what I tend to use it for I think it will be enough tractor, My buddy has a compact 30hp which I have used before, I can always mooch off him if I need to :).

I think for $12,700.00 I am getting a decent deal and seems to be a lot of tractor for that price. The dealer is close, seems like a decent guy. Also with a 5 year motor and tranny warranty I am sold :) The tractor as I am buying it was on my wish list, so now I can cross that off and add the blower and cab to it, LOL ( use the quad with a plow like I have been for 12 years :( ), maybe even a few other items that I will use a few times a year and look at them the rest of the time , LOL

It does put me at ease that you have been happy with the kioti.... always a tough decision on what make to buy, I haven't read anything one complain about Kioti, so I am hoping it will be good to me :)

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #7  
Welcome from Ohio

Hello Murph and Rick.... Thank you, probably be hanging around on here a lot now.

Murph>>>> " Nothing runs like a Deere when being chased by a Kioti " That is awesome....way to go

Have another question.... will the indsutrial tires do a job on the lawn, or would I be better with the turf tires??

/ Thoughts on CS2410 pricing #10  
Have another question.... will the indsutrial tires do a job on the lawn, or would I be better with the turf tires??

R4 Industrial tires are fine for the lawn. I have R4's on my DK45 and all in it's 6500 - 7000 lbs depending on what I've got on the back. It's currently parked in it's shelter and it's going to stay there for a while until my lawn dries up a little, but normally, it doesn't damage my lawn at all.

From your post, I'm not sure if you bought it or not. I'd love to know what you think after you've had some seat time if you did.