Tractor Title???

/ Tractor Title??? #1  

Pierrepont

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
Do Kioti tractors come with a title?

I'm looking at a 3 year old machine. Owner bought it new. He has his purchase receipt but says the tractor does not have a title?

OK?

/ Tractor Title??? #2  
There are no titles on tractors in my state, I think most if not all treat them the same.

/ Tractor Title??? #3  
I don't know of any U.S. states that title tractors. I don't know if there is any way to be sure that a tractor isn't stolen or has a lien on it.

/ Tractor Title??? #4  
To the best of my knowledge no state in the USA has titles for tractors; just a bill of sale or purchase receipt.

/ Tractor Title??? #5  
I don't know of any U.S. states that title tractors. I don't know if there is any way to be sure that a tractor isn't stolen or has a lien on it.

Have your local police run the VIN, this may determine if it was stolen. Check with your local bank, they can tell if there is any liens on it (for a small fee).

/ Tractor Title??? #6  
No title. Just reciepts. I would just do a google search for stolen tractor model and location and see what comes up. If something suspicious I would get the police to look.

/ Tractor Title??? #7  
I agree with the other members. In North Carolina, a Title isn't issued, only a Bill of Sale and Receipts.

/ Tractor Title??? #9  
I had the same concerns when I bought my used MF and got many of the same answers as have been given. When I found the one I wanted, it was at a dealership, and that made me feel better than buying it from a stranger's backyard.

/ Tractor Title??? #10  
I thought they had titles until I bought mine back in nov. but after thinking about it I'm glad it doesn't, then the county doesnt have a record of it to charge us tax on it though I am supposed to declare it, but screw them they get too much of mine already.