Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #11  
MIE is the only place I would buy from,great folks with great service.The 45 HP is about $1500 bucks more.I really don,t need the extra HP.coobie.

Just traded the CK35 for The DK40 in April. Both were HST, (I had bad knees before :laughing:). The 45 is the sweet spot in the series if you look at pto hp. You get the most bang for the buck. Also consider a cab, there's snow in Michigan all winter.

You only live once and you're dead a long time, do it!

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???
Just traded the CK35 for The DK40 in April. Both were HST, (I had bad knees before :laughing:). The 45 is the sweet spot in the series if you look at pto hp. You get the most bang for the buck. Also consider a cab, there's snow in Michigan all winter.

I agree on the cab but I plow snow with a kubota RTV 900 with heated cab,ah yes love the heat on my old bones.coobie

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #13  
If you have only used the tractor 274 hrs in 4+ years, I'd say it isn't abusing your knee too much. Additionally, you need to use that new joint and keep muscles and soft tissue in tone. If you want a hydro, buy it. I'm just not sure a new knee justifies the trade given what guys I know that have new hips & knees do with them.
I told my wife the other day that if she quit doing everything that hurt a little she would be in a wheelchair in 10 years.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #14  
My knees are still original although well used, and I wouldn't want to pump the clutch 400 times an hour doing dirt work, or ride the clutch doing tricky stuff.
I agree though that one needs to keep active and work on maintaining your body, but for whatever reason, getting beat up while driving equipment has a bad effect on the body.
As for the 40 vs 45 vs 50, argument, I think the bigger motors probably can run slightly lower rpms while avoiding bogging while driving in mid or high range. In low range you need the revs up to get some speed and even the 40 has enough grunt to spin r1's in 4wd. So for the price difference I was quoted, I still would just get the 40 if I bought again. If you need some pto power with a big blower or mower then by all means get a 45 or 50.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #15  
Another thing to consider is the dealer inventory. He/she may have 5 - DK45's in stock, but have to order a 40 for you. Chances are they would like to move existing inventory, rather than order more.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #16  
I say do it. I will never go back to gear.

Same, here,, I am done with gear tractors. I am not getting any younger either, and my left knee is not good. HST is wonderful. Even if all your parts and pieces work well, it still is an advantage if you do much back and forth movement, and that is the majority of what I do.. and about the only time I use the brakes is to set them to park, and to hold on a hill if you are setting still for a long period of time. Even then sometimes I just give it a little pedal in the opposite direction of the hill. I was used to the single pedal, on the Kubota but I transitioned to the dual pedal setup on the Kioti in about a day.. works great.

James K0UA

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #17  
Same, here,, I am done with gear tractors. I am not getting any younger either, and my left knee is not good. HST is wonderful. Even if all your parts and pieces work well, it still is an advantage if you do much back and forth movement, and that is the majority of what I do.. and about the only time I use the brakes is to set them to park, and to hold on a hill if you are setting still for a long period of time. Even then sometimes I just give it a little pedal in the opposite direction of the hill. I was used to the single pedal, on the Kubota but I transitioned to the dual pedal setup on the Kioti in about a day.. works great.

James K0UA

I agree, the dual pedal was like a day and it became second nature.

My knees are still original although well used, and I wouldn't want to pump the clutch 400 times an hour doing dirt work, or ride the clutch doing tricky stuff.
I agree though that one needs to keep active and work on maintaining your body, but for whatever reason, getting beat up while driving equipment has a bad effect on the body.
As for the 40 vs 45 vs 50, argument, I think the bigger motors probably can run slightly lower rpms while avoiding bogging while driving in mid or high range. In low range you need the revs up to get some speed and even the 40 has enough grunt to spin r1's in 4wd. So for the price difference I was quoted, I still would just get the 40 if I bought again. If you need some pto power with a big blower or mower then by all means get a 45 or 50.
Being a electric lineman for 30 plus years has taken a toll on my body,knees,back and shoulders.Getting ready to retire this coming winter after 37 years.Looking to take it easier on the body parts.I feel getting the HST tractor might be a good start.coobie

Headed out monday morning to Michigan Iron to see Bob,Denise and Tony.Gonna give the DK40se HST a test drive.coobie

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #20  

My dealer said they won't stock the DK40 or 45 with a cab.....only the 50, because of the power loss to AC, etc. They will order them, but they don't recommend it.