Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I have a 2008 DK40se with shuttle shift(274 hours)that has been trouble free.I had knee replacement surgery (left knee)back in jan. of this year so it is a little tough for me to keep shifting.Thinking about buying a new 2013 DK40 HST(hydro)with 401 loader(michigan Iron & equipment) and trading in my 2008 DK40se.For you folks who have the hydro how do you like it verses the shuttle shift?The good the bad,plus and minus?Thanks,coobie.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #2  
Wouldn't have a tractor w/o HST. Don't know what you do with your tractor, but if you feel you are maxing out the engine, consider the 45 or 50 to make up for the HP you will loose from the HST. Shouldn't be too much more.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???
Wouldn't have a tractor w/o HST. Don't know what you do with your tractor, but if you feel you are maxing out the engine, consider the 45 or 50 to make up for the HP you will loose from the HST. Shouldn't be too much more.

Not maxing out the engine HP,just got old knees.LOL.I have hydro on my other equipment,JD X740,Ingersoll 4020,Kubota RTV 900.coobie

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #4  
I bought the white version of a DK a couple years ago with the HST. The HST pedals are on the right and are very easy to operate with just ankle/foot movement. Basically the only thing my left foot/leg does now is set the brakes when I'm planning to dismount.

The only things that took some getting used to for me were not having the foot throttle and having to run the engine fast to get any performance. For many tasks with the geared tractor I run milder engine speeds and use the foot throttle as needed for a little extra.

The HST would definitely be easier on your left leg right now. Are you doing rehab for the knee? do you think that it will get back into shifting form?

I bought the white version of a DK a couple years ago with the HST. The HST pedals are on the right and are very easy to operate with just ankle/foot movement. Basically the only thing my left foot/leg does now is set the brakes when I'm planning to dismount.

The only things that took some getting used to for me were not having the foot throttle and having to run the engine fast to get any performance. For many tasks with the geared tractor I run milder engine speeds and use the foot throttle as needed for a little extra.

The HST would definitely be easier on your left leg right now. Are you doing rehab for the knee? do you think that it will get back into shifting form?
Rehab is done,just getting a little older with a few more pains I guess.Looking for easier operation verses the shuttle shift.My tractor is paid for in full,just hate to bite off the extra cost of the hydro but if it,s gonna make the old body feel a little better I am all in.coobie

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #6  
I say do it. I will never go back to gear.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #7  
Do it Coobie, you will like the HST. I'll trade you for a week.

/ Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST??? #8  
If using the clutch is troublesome the HST will make things better. It may not hurt to ask for a price on 45 also. With only three ranges to the HST there are some occasions working in M when I wonder if I wouldn't be happier with a little bigger engine, but mine is just the 35 not the 40.

The HST is great though and I would buy another one without hesitation. Heck, if I were to upgrade I would probably shop for a DK45HST myself. I have stopped by MIE and talked with Bob on a couple of occasions and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him either. He seems like a unique kind of guy, in a good way that is.

If using the clutch is troublesome the HST will make things better. It may not hurt to ask for a price on 45 also. With only three ranges to the HST there are some occasions working in M when I wonder if I wouldn't be happier with a little bigger engine, but mine is just the 35 not the 40.

The HST is great though and I would buy another one without hesitation. Heck, if I were to upgrade I would probably shop for a DK45HST myself. I have stopped by MIE and talked with Bob on a couple of occasions and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him either. He seems like a unique kind of guy, in a good way that is.
MIE is the only place I would buy from,great folks with great service.The 45 HP is about $1500 bucks more.I really don,t need the extra HP.coobie.