Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader 2011 ford F250.

Default Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???

I have a 2008 DK40se with shuttle shift(274 hours)that has been trouble free.I had knee replacement surgery (left knee)back in jan. of this year so it is a little tough for me to keep shifting.Thinking about buying a new 2013 DK40 HST(hydro)with 401 loader(michigan Iron & equipment) and trading in my 2008 DK40se.For you folks who have the hydro how do you like it verses the shuttle shift?The good the bad,plus and minus?Thanks,coobie.
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

Wouldn't have a tractor w/o HST. Don't know what you do with your tractor, but if you feel you are maxing out the engine, consider the 45 or 50 to make up for the HP you will loose from the HST. Shouldn't be too much more.

Tractor

Default Re: Maybe gonna trade my DK40se(shuttle shift) for hydro DK40HST???

Quote Originally Posted by rjwerth View Post
    Wouldn't have a tractor w/o HST. Don't know what you do with your tractor, but if you feel you are maxing out the engine, consider the 45 or 50 to make up for the HP you will loose from the HST. Shouldn't be too much more.
    Not maxing out the engine HP,just got old knees.LOL.I have hydro on my other equipment,JD X740,Ingersoll 4020,kubota RTV 900.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5210 + Bobcat CT335

I bought the white version of a DK a couple years ago with the HST. The HST pedals are on the right and are very easy to operate with just ankle/foot movement. Basically the only thing my left foot/leg does now is set the brakes when I'm planning to dismount.

The only things that took some getting used to for me were not having the foot throttle and having to run the engine fast to get any performance. For many tasks with the geared tractor I run milder engine speeds and use the foot throttle as needed for a little extra.

The HST would definitely be easier on your left leg right now. Are you doing rehab for the knee? do you think that it will get back into shifting form?
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by milkman636 View Post
    I bought the white version of a DK a couple years ago with the HST. The HST pedals are on the right and are very easy to operate with just ankle/foot movement. Basically the only thing my left foot/leg does now is set the brakes when I'm planning to dismount.

The only things that took some getting used to for me were not having the foot throttle and having to run the engine fast to get any performance. For many tasks with the geared tractor I run milder engine speeds and use the foot throttle as needed for a little extra.

The HST would definitely be easier on your left leg right now. Are you doing rehab for the knee? do you think that it will get back into shifting form?
    Rehab is done,just getting a little older with a few more pains I guess.Looking for easier operation verses the shuttle shift.My tractor is paid for in full,just hate to bite off the extra cost of the hydro but if it,s gonna make the old body feel a little better I am all in.coobie

Tractor
    Bocat CT335 HST Cab

I say do it. I will never go back to gear.
    Bobcat CT335 Hydro Cab w/ BobTach FEL, 72" Box Blade, 72" finish mower, 3pt spreader, 1000 lb. roller, tow-along 30 gal. sprayer

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Do it Coobie, you will like the HST. I'll trade you for a week.
    Murph ------------

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5210 + Bobcat CT335

If using the clutch is troublesome the HST will make things better. It may not hurt to ask for a price on 45 also. With only three ranges to the HST there are some occasions working in M when I wonder if I wouldn't be happier with a little bigger engine, but mine is just the 35 not the 40.

The HST is great though and I would buy another one without hesitation. Heck, if I were to upgrade I would probably shop for a DK45HST myself. I have stopped by MIE and talked with Bob on a couple of occasions and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him either. He seems like a unique kind of guy, in a good way that is.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by milkman636 View Post
    If using the clutch is troublesome the HST will make things better. It may not hurt to ask for a price on 45 also. With only three ranges to the HST there are some occasions working in M when I wonder if I wouldn't be happier with a little bigger engine, but mine is just the 35 not the 40.

The HST is great though and I would buy another one without hesitation. Heck, if I were to upgrade I would probably shop for a DK45HST myself. I have stopped by MIE and talked with Bob on a couple of occasions and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him either. He seems like a unique kind of guy, in a good way that is.
    MIE is the only place I would buy from,great folks with great service.The 45 HP is about $1500 bucks more.I really don,t need the extra HP.coobie.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Do it Coobie, you will like the HST. I'll trade you for a week.
    I only charge $100 an hour.LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast