Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader 2011 ford F250.

Default Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?

I have a question for you 2012 DK 40se HST cab tractor owners,how do you like the factory Halogen lights(front & rear)?Are they bright enough or should they replaced with after market LED,s?Thanks for any info.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?

Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    I have a question for you 2012 DK 40se HST cab tractor owners,how do you like the factory Halogen lights(front & rear)?Are they bright enough or should they replaced with after market LED,s?Thanks for any info.coobie
    i personally have no issues with the factory lighting. I do alot of night snow removal over the past 2 seasons and could see just fine. The heat also melts off snow accumulations . LED's dont heat up enough to melt the snow.

Personally, if i added anything id add a set of additional HID lights. those put any other light source to shame. But oncoming traffic would hate me.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor

Thanks good information.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200

So the 40 for 40 trade took place! Congrats. I have exactly the same machine, and the halogen work lights are waaay better than the headlights IMO. I'm sure there are better lighting systems, but I think the OEM lights are reasonable.
    Rick

Tractor

On going negotiation at this time but leaning towards the HST and cab tractor.coobie

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

Lots of light with the stock set up....and I'm a lighting guy. LED will give you more light with less power...but you will never see the cost savings on a tractor.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

They're just OK. The lights they put on the comfort cab I had with my CK30 were brighter, so right off the bat I was a little disappointed with the lights on the DK, but they certainly do the job. I'll be adding LED lights at some point before next winter, but it's much more of a want than a need.

I'd really encourage you to go for the cabbed model, it's still a treat every time I climb in it, it always puts a big smile on my face. Certainly something you'll enjoy for many years to come.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    They're just OK. The lights they put on the comfort cab I had with my CK30 were brighter, so right off the bat I was a little disappointed with the lights on the DK, but they certainly do the job. I'll be adding LED lights at some point before next winter, but it's much more of a want than a need.

I'd really encourage you to go for the cabbed model, it's still a treat every time I climb in it, it always puts a big smile on my face. Certainly something you'll enjoy for many years to come.
    I am leaning heavy towards the HST cab model.Sat in the cab model 40DK HST and REALLY liked it.I bought some very nice LED,s for my DK40se and they make a night and day difference in lighting at night.They were not cheap $200 bucks a set.I ended putting 2 sets of the same LED,s on my kubota RTV 900 for snow plowing at night,what a difference over my old tractor flood lights.coobie

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    I am leaning heavy towards the HST cab model.Sat in the cab model 40DK HST and REALLY liked it.I bought some very nice LED,s for my DK40se and they make a night and day difference in lighting at night.They were not cheap $200 bucks a set.I ended putting 2 sets of the same LED,s on my kubota RTV 900 for snow plowing at night,what a difference over my old tractor flood lights.coobie
    There's something about that cab that just feels right, I REALLY enjoy mine. The extra $ a tough pile to swallow, but I can't say I've given it another moments thought since the tractor was delivered, I'd do it all over again.

Since you already have the LED lights, I'd certainly use them. The DK cab has these hooks at the back of the tractor that are apparently used during manufacturing but have no other real use (see attached pic). To me, they're a perfect platform or starting point for adding lights that would look like they came from the factory. If you want the light forward, I'd look at adding them to the door rail that goes right to the roof. I'm not going to replace my factory lights, I'm going to add additional lights.

Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?-p1017777.jpg

Tractor

Looking at this one but going with ag tires.Just don,t like the R4,s.coobie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?-217.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast