Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I have a question for you 2012 DK 40se HST cab tractor owners,how do you like the factory Halogen lights(front & rear)?Are they bright enough or should they replaced with after market LED,s?Thanks for any info.coobie

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #2  
I have a question for you 2012 DK 40se HST cab tractor owners,how do you like the factory Halogen lights(front & rear)?Are they bright enough or should they replaced with after market LED,s?Thanks for any info.coobie

i personally have no issues with the factory lighting. I do alot of night snow removal over the past 2 seasons and could see just fine. The heat also melts off snow accumulations . LED's dont heat up enough to melt the snow.

Personally, if i added anything id add a set of additional HID lights. those put any other light source to shame. But oncoming traffic would hate me.

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners?
Thanks good information.coobie

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #4  
So the 40 for 40 trade took place! Congrats. I have exactly the same machine, and the halogen work lights are waaay better than the headlights IMO. I'm sure there are better lighting systems, but I think the OEM lights are reasonable.

On going negotiation at this time but leaning towards the HST and cab tractor.coobie

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #6  
Lots of light with the stock set up....and I'm a lighting guy. LED will give you more light with less power...but you will never see the cost savings on a tractor.

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #7  
They're just OK. The lights they put on the comfort cab I had with my CK30 were brighter, so right off the bat I was a little disappointed with the lights on the DK, but they certainly do the job. I'll be adding LED lights at some point before next winter, but it's much more of a want than a need.

I'd really encourage you to go for the cabbed model, it's still a treat every time I climb in it, it always puts a big smile on my face. Certainly something you'll enjoy for many years to come.

They're just OK. The lights they put on the comfort cab I had with my CK30 were brighter, so right off the bat I was a little disappointed with the lights on the DK, but they certainly do the job. I'll be adding LED lights at some point before next winter, but it's much more of a want than a need.

I'd really encourage you to go for the cabbed model, it's still a treat every time I climb in it, it always puts a big smile on my face. Certainly something you'll enjoy for many years to come.
I am leaning heavy towards the HST cab model.Sat in the cab model 40DK HST and REALLY liked it.I bought some very nice LED,s for my DK40se and they make a night and day difference in lighting at night.They were not cheap $200 bucks a set.I ended putting 2 sets of the same LED,s on my kubota RTV 900 for snow plowing at night,what a difference over my old tractor flood lights.coobie

/ Lighting question for you DK40se cab tractor owners? #9  
I am leaning heavy towards the HST cab model.Sat in the cab model 40DK HST and REALLY liked it.I bought some very nice LED,s for my DK40se and they make a night and day difference in lighting at night.They were not cheap $200 bucks a set.I ended putting 2 sets of the same LED,s on my kubota RTV 900 for snow plowing at night,what a difference over my old tractor flood lights.coobie

There's something about that cab that just feels right, I REALLY enjoy mine. The extra $ a tough pile to swallow, but I can't say I've given it another moments thought since the tractor was delivered, I'd do it all over again.

Since you already have the LED lights, I'd certainly use them. The DK cab has these hooks at the back of the tractor that are apparently used during manufacturing but have no other real use (see attached pic). To me, they're a perfect platform or starting point for adding lights that would look like they came from the factory. If you want the light forward, I'd look at adding them to the door rail that goes right to the roof. I'm not going to replace my factory lights, I'm going to add additional lights.

P1017777.JPG

Looking at this one but going with ag tires.Just don,t like the R4,s.coobie

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 292