What model Kioti would you recommend?

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #11  
Remember to get that 2 rear remote, and be sure to get it with the float function. It is available, just need to push for it.

Another vote for the DK40 if you can swing it. Waaaaaay more tractor than the CK35. ;)

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #12  
If you go with industrials, they won't rut even if loaded unless sloppy wet. In your terrain I'd want that extra stability.

Don't be afraid of the ck HST. Plenty of happy owners. HST is real nice, though I went gear to save power.

The dk40 will easily handle a 6' bush hog. And that's a good size. Plenty around and about as big as you would want to maneuver. Bigger than that and they get pricey real fast.

/ What model Kioti would you recommend?
Thanks Gittyup. Sounds like loaded industrials are the way to go if they won't tear up the pasture. I had been planning on industrials , but wasn't sure about loading them for that reason.

MtnViewRanch, pardon my ignorance, but what would the rear remotes be used for and what is the purpose of the float function? I'd like to get this purchase right the first time, but still have a lot to learn.

Mike

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #14  
Another me too on the DK40se with HST, and Industrial tires. No worries about ruts unless it is really muddy.. I love my DK35se HST, but they don't make it anymore.. It is like a DK40 but slight shorter frame and slightly smaller tires. 3cyl instead of 4 cyl. But DK40 is the best bang for the buck. I am a big proponent of Hydrostat, this is my 5th tractor 3 hydro and 2 gear. For most people I think hydro is the way to go. Good luck in what ever you choose.

James K0UA

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #15  
Yes get the second remote. Will be interesting about the float thou.

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #16  
The DK40 manual calls for a 72" rotary cutter. The loaded tires only add about 450 lbs per tire, but handy when you have no implement on the back and need to do loader work.

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #17  
Thanks Gittyup. Sounds like loaded industrials are the way to go if they won't tear up the pasture. I had been planning on industrials , but wasn't sure about loading them for that reason.

MtnViewRanch, pardon my ignorance, but what would the rear remotes be used for and what is the purpose of the float function? I'd like to get this purchase right the first time, but still have a lot to learn.

Mike

The rear remotes are for operating things like powered top and tilt functions on the 3pt, log splitters, stump grinders, rear snow blowers, etc.

Until you mentioned logging, and firewood, I was thinking a CK would do, but as soon as you start trying to lift tree sections, etc, the far more powerful loader on the DK will save you a lot of time, and effort.

A DK40SE Hydro would be a really nice machine for what you have planned. I nearly bought one, but went with an LS that has more engine/PTO power, but a bit less loader lift capacity, and height, because I liked them equally, and the LS was a bit less expensive.

I've done a lot of logging with mine the last four months, and as strong as these type loaders are, you'll likely still run out of lift capacity at times. The one thing you'll definitely need is a heavy, dedicated counterweight to max out the loader....hanging an implement off the 3pt helps, but they rarely weigh the 800-1200lbs you probably need to max the loader on a DK. My counterweight is over 1300lbs, and I can finally max the loader without the rear tires lifting, or getting very light.

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #18  
My skidder winch is about 800 lbs and comes with 165' x1/2" cable. Works well for logging cause you can cut the tree and limb it in the bush, then wrap a chain around the trunk and pull it to the tractor without worrying about how to get in to the tree.

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #19  
As far as the float function with rear remotes. If you have this function, it can be used with the top link when mowing. Yes some mowers have a swivel point on the mower itself that does the same thing as using the float function. But a couple of things regarding this. All mowers do not have this swivel bracket and even if it does, if a person is mowing steep terrain, there are conditions where even the swivel bracket does not allow the mower to move enough for the mower to be able to follow the ground.

Use of the float function with a hydraulic side link allows for the implement to float (tilt) side-side. This can be a nice feature when finish grading-smoothing a drive or even when raking an open field with a landscape rake.

Once a person uses hydraulic features on the back of their tractor, they often find that they want more. Best time to get these remotes is when the tractor is purchased IMO. ;)

/ What model Kioti would you recommend? #20  
As far as the float function with rear remotes. If you have this function, it can be used with the top link when mowing. Yes some mowers have a swivel point on the mower itself that does the same thing as using the float function. But a couple of things regarding this. All mowers do not have this swivel bracket and even if it does, if a person is mowing steep terrain, there are conditions where even the swivel bracket does not allow the mower to move enough for the mower to be able to follow the ground.

Use of the float function with a hydraulic side link allows for the implement to float (tilt) side-side. This can be a nice feature when finish grading-smoothing a drive or even when raking an open field with a landscape rake.

Once a person uses hydraulic features on the back of their tractor, they often find that they want more. Best time to get these remotes is when the tractor is purchased IMO. ;)

I sure would like the part# on that floating valve for a Kioti. You got it? Someone?