Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,685
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    I sure would like the part# on that floating valve for a Kioti. You got it? Someone?
    So would I, just so that I can recommend part # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I thought that the guy with the CK that had bought his valve after the fact was going to post a number, don't remember seeing one for it though. But at least we have actually seen the CK setup. Does anyone know if the CK and DKs use the same remote valves?
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  2. #22
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post

    I sure would like the part# on that floating valve for a Kioti. You got it? Someone?
    No, sorry, but I can confirm it's available, I had it on my CK30.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post

    So would I, just so that I can recommend part # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I thought that the guy with the CK that had bought his valve after the fact was going to post a number, don't remember seeing one for it though. But at least we have actually seen the CK setup. Does anyone know if the CK and DKs use the same remote valves?
    I think you're refering to me but I don't remember promissing to post a part #. I have to call my dealer some time and I'll try annd remember to ask about it, but no promisses!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Location
    Western Virginia

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Rmorey, I like that winch idea. My wooded acreage is all second growth. The trees are often closer to each other than they need to be, making driving into much of the woods an unlikely prospect at present. One of the jobs I've planned is to thin the trees out and to get rid of the crooked ones, old locust stumps, and vines too. I've been working off and on for the past twenty years hauling the wood out by hand. It's a lot of work without a tractor.

    What kind of plow does anyone think a DK40 could pull. A two bottom or maybe more? After bush-hogging, then plowing, do you think a landscape rake, like MtnViewRanch mentioned, would be enough to level off the soil for seeding with grass.

    GManBart, how do you carry your counterweight on the three point hitch? Do you use a ballast box?. Thanks again all for your input and advice, Its much appreciated.

    Mike

  5. #25
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,719
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Case 580 Super M Series 2, Cat D3B

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by oneillmj View Post
    GManBart, how do you carry your counterweight on the three point hitch? Do you use a ballast box?. Thanks again all for your input and advice, Its much appreciated.

    Mike
    Mike, I managed to find a perfect piece of steel at the local scrap yard. I had the idea to use a drawbar, and we cut 3/8" stock to make the top link portion. Then I had the idea to use angle iron to make the legs. Someone here suggested boxing the legs to make them less likely to bend, and that made me think of turning them into a box to store chains, etc. There's a complete thread in the build it yourself section:

    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...-1300-lbs.html


  6. #26
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    18,575
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default

    I work on similar pieces of land and have used both a CK20 and a DK40se to do the work. Both are great bang for the buck and can do the work so the real difference comes down to speed. If you are in no rush then the CK20 (or any of the CK models) cost a bit less, use smaller less expensive and easier to store implements, and are also more maneuverable and easier to get under branches etc. the DK 40, as others have noted, is probably the best bang for the buck in the Kioti lineup. I love mine which has worked hard without any problem or service I couldn't do myself for six years now. No need to sing its praises so I'll just point out a few negative considerations. 1) size when working around and under trees. 2) size for storage of tractor and larger implements. 3) cannot think of any other negatives except it costs a bit more and the larger implements are more expensive. Depending on your projects and assuming the same budget, you could get more useful implements by spending less on the CK tractor.

    If I had not moved up to the DK40, I'd still love my CK.

  7. #27
    Elite Member Gittyup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,078
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    I work on similar pieces of land and have used both a CK20 and a DK40se to do the work. Both are great bang for the buck and can do the work so the real difference comes down to speed. If you are in no rush then the CK20 (or any of the CK models) cost a bit less, use smaller less expensive and easier to store implements, and are also more maneuverable and easier to get under branches etc. the DK 40, as others have noted, is probably the best bang for the buck in the Kioti lineup. I love mine which has worked hard without any problem or service I couldn't do myself for six years now. No need to sing its praises so I'll just point out a few negative considerations. 1) size when working around and under trees. 2) size for storage of tractor and larger implements. 3) cannot think of any other negatives except it costs a bit more and the larger implements are more expensive. Depending on your projects and assuming the same budget, you could get more useful implements by spending less on the CK tractor.

    If I had not moved up to the DK40, I'd still love my CK.

    One other thing: The DK40 may require more trailer/truck. Depending on implements and configuration it could be over the limit for a lot of 10K trailers. I have about 7200 lbs of headroom with my trailer and my TLB CK25 comes close when carrying one extra implement. If I owned the bigger DK, I'd want a heavier trailer and then I'd need a bigger truck too. Of course, a lot of guys never trailer themselves and then not an issue.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member SSdoxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,382
    Location
    Cumberland Plateau, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    So would I, just so that I can recommend part # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I thought that the guy with the CK that had bought his valve after the fact was going to post a number, don't remember seeing one for it though. But at least we have actually seen the CK setup. Does anyone know if the CK and DKs use the same remote valves?
    Looking at Bobcat Parts Catalog, the Rear Remote valve numbers on the CK are different than for DKs.
    Dennis

    CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

  9. #29
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,685
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I think you're refering to me but I don't remember promissing to post a part #. I have to call my dealer some time and I'll try annd remember to ask about it, but no promisses!
    It might have been you, but it seems like it was someone who got the valve more recently, like in the last few months? Hard for me to remember along with everything else that goes on.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  10. #30
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,685
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: What model Kioti would you recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie View Post
    Looking at Bobcat Parts Catalog, the Rear Remote valve numbers on the CK are different than for DKs.
    Besides that, I wouldn't doubt that Bobcat may not offer it at all, just like they don't have Draft control.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Year/model of this Kioti
    By schoolsout in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
  2. What brand or model of tractor would recommend?
    By Ironworker in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM
  3. NH model closest to Kioti CK20?
    By mathey in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
  4. New Kioti Backhoe Model
    By Kiohio in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.