Heading for the finish line...

/ Heading for the finish line... #1  

Wile E Kioti

Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST TLB
Last night I posted the following in the general forum and one of the members suggested re-posting in this forum, so here goes:

Hello, I am a tractor newbie heading to the tractor purchase finish line and looking for any final thoughts anyone would care to share before I pull the trigger. I spent the better part of the past two days testing out and pricing Kubota, Mahindra, and Kioti CUT's. I am seriously leaning towards the Kioti CK30HST with loader and backhoe- it seems to be the biggest bang for the buck and user friendly to a tractor novice. My only concern and holdup is the the issue of the sticking HST pedal issue that I have read about on this forum (referred to as creeping). I asked the Kioti dealer I visited today about this issue and he acknowledged his awareness of it, but stated- "it is not a problem". He went on to say the issue has been isolated to an O-ring of sorts attached to a spindle that comes off the transmission and attached to the pedal, which can be prone to rusting if not kept lubricated; this allegedly leads to an inability for the pedal to spring back to neutral. He claimed that periodically squirting some lubricant on the O-ring renders it a non-issue. Is he glossing over a bigger problem, or have there just been a few unfortunate forum members that got a lemon? I hope to make my decision by Tuesday and place an order for the Kioti or one of the other brands. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

/ Heading for the finish line... #2  
Love the picture, A couple of posters had problems that led to a HST problem but that has been a while ago.

/ Heading for the finish line...
Thanks Murph. I see you have a Kioti DK40- I actually thought about just moving up to the DK40SE HST to take this whole issue out of play, but it is physically too large for my use and probably more $$ than I can justify even if it wasn't.

/ Heading for the finish line... #4  
Interesting that he admits to knowing about the problem. My CK30 had the problem and my dealer replaced the HST in order to fix it. I don't know about an O-ring, but there are two pressure ports under the floor and my dealer took pressure readings from them. The pressure readings were low and my dealer said that was consistent with what they'd seen before. They said the only fix is to replace the HST. After it was replaced, the issue was gone and didn't come back by the time I traded the tractor.

/ Heading for the finish line... #5  
I have had no problems with my hst ck35 (yet). Love it so far.

Thanks for the feedback kiotiken and Illini22. Your varying experiences would suggest a hit or miss proposition for a new purchaser. :confused3:

/ Heading for the finish line... #7  
I've had my CK30hst with fl and bh since April 2005 and now have @ 550 hours. It's plowed snow, avg 100 inches/year, every Winter and other work in the rest of the year. I do and have done so oiled the shaft that goes into the tranny from the hst pedal every Spring and Fall along with the required normal maintenance. I believe this is the shaft the dealer person mentioned. My tractor has never had creep and the pedal still works like when I purchased it. Maybe I'm just lucky or oiling that shaft has kept mine trouble free. Good luck on your decision. I'm sure whichever you pick to buy will serve you well.

Vic, thanks for sharing your experience...it brings to mind a famous quote from Benjamin Franklin- “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” You have smartly maintained your asset and it appears to have served you well as a result.

/ Heading for the finish line... #9  
My tractor and I believe kiotikens tractor both did had the sticking pedal at around 60hrs. There is not much room for a lack of maintence with that low of hours. My 50hr service was done right on 50hrs.

94Bullitt, thanks for pointing out that you experienced the sticky pedal issue early on in the life of your tractor. I hope that my prior post was not interpreted as a proclamation that poor maintenance contributed to the issues with your tractor or of the others- that was certainly not my intent. I was just extending kudos to Vic for his maintenance efforts and good fortune.