Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay?

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #1  

Mark Headley

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 DK45SE-HST Kioti, JD X758
I have a garaged, very straight, well (over)maintained 2005 CK30HST with 185 hours, kioti fel, single rear remote, trac loader tires & custom grille guard.
I'm wanting a new DK45HST with fel and dual rear remotes & trac loader tires, no cab. I'm in WA state.
What do you think would be a fair amount to expect to pay for the new rig given turning in the older one?

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #2  
I made the same trade, you won't regret it. Sorry, I can't help you with price, but my dealer gave me extremely good value for my CK30 on trade, 94% after 1 year and 135 hrs.

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay?
Hmmmmm one reply?? Well, thanks to kiotiken anyhoo lol

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #4  
Sorry, I guess nobody wants to take a stab at it. Have you contacted any dealers yet? My guess is going to be that you'll get most of the money back that you spent on the CK because prices on the new ones have been going up (that was a big reason I was able to get 94% back on a trade). Unfortunately, the new DK's have been going up to. I'm in Canada, so there's no point me telling you what a DK45 costs here, but from threads I've read (and hopefully somebody else will chime in), people seem to say $22-$24K for a DK40.

The dealer you chose may be able to do better on one of the DK models than another. I wanted a DK50 cab and my dealer had one, but was more motivated to move a DK45 cab that he also had. I asked what the price would be for him to order a DK40 cab and he basically said the same as the DK45. So ask a few dealers, you may find a deal on a machine they've had a little longer and want to move. If you're primarily doing PTO tasks, stick with the 45 or 50, but otherwise you won't likely notice any difference.

It does appear there's not much, if any, difference in a DK 45 to a DK 50 except 4-5 horsepower.

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #6  
It does appear there's not much, if any, difference in a DK 45 to a DK 50 except 4-5 horsepower.

Actually, there's only 1.5 PTO hp between a DK50 and DK45. There's a bigger difference between the DK40 and DK45, 4 PTO hp. Other than that, the 3 are identical in every way, just like the CK27 - CK35. A/C robs 5-7 hp from the engine, so with the A/C running, a DK45 or even DK50 is putting the exact same power out as a DK40 with no A/C. Since you're not looking at a cabbed tractor (no worries about losing hp to A/C) and all three are identical with a slightly different bore and set up in the same engine, I'd be looking to find the best price. Dealers costs are influenced by when they bought the current stock, so it's entirely possible to find a DK50 for less than a DK45 and in my case, I found a DK45 for the same price as a DK40. It would have cost me another $2000 for 1.5 PTO hp for the DK50 I originally wanted, and that just wasn't worth it to me.

OK, so here's the deal-io presented by dealer...I really like him but I'm not sure the numbers are cozy with me. Apparently the DK45HST w/ loader and a single rear remote on lot is 23,900 US.
(A DK50HST is 25,900)
He'd want my tractor, as listed above, plus 15,800 and tax.
That means I only get 8100.00 for my 2005... What ya'll think?

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #8  
sounds low on the trade, at least from, too bad your across the country. not sure about the others on the board but you should be closer to 10k, what do you thin Mark, is it worth 16k to upgrade ?

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #9  
If you go with it, have him include the second remote.

/ Trade 05 CK30HST for new DK45HST-what's expected outlay? #10  
I have an 06 CK30 HST TLB w/368hrs, looking to upgrade to DK40se HST TLB. I have been to 3 dealers, trade in varies between $12K and $17K, they are within 3 hrs drive of each other, each about 2 hrs from me. All 3 are talking $31.5K for DK40se HST TLB w/$4.2K cash incentive rebate included, so $35.7K without rebate. Rebate is good till the end of June. They are talking $27.9K for just tractor and loader, not sure what they want for tractor alone.