Comparison Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs?

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #1  

sdef

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti DK45SE HST
I am headed to a dealer in the morning that is 100 miles away to test drive a DK50SE HST. No one within reasonable driving distance has a DK40SE HST in stock, which is the one I am considering, along with the LS R4041/4047H models. From the specifications the DK50 seems to be identical to the DK40 and DK45 except for a slightly larger engine.

Does anyone have any experience with these difference models in respect to engine differences, such as vibration, noise, fuel consumption and reliability?

Thanks.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #2  
sdef,
I think everything is the same and the only difference is the actual horsepower. I drove the DK40, but got a better price and configuration (grapple, tires, roof) for the DK45 I purchased.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #3  
I tested a DK40SE Hydro, and it's definitely the same dimensions as the 40 or 45. I felt the engine had more noise, and vibration than the corresponding LS models. It wasn't enough to worry me, but I did note it. R,

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #4  
I am headed to a dealer in the morning that is 100 miles away to test drive a DK50SE HST. No one within reasonable driving distance has a DK40SE HST in stock, which is the one I am considering, along with the LS R4041/4047H models. From the specifications the DK50 seems to be identical to the DK40 and DK45 except for a slightly larger engine.

Does anyone have any experience with these difference models in respect to engine differences, such as vibration, noise, fuel consumption and reliability?

Thanks.

I dont think you will notice a difference between the models except for the power. There is about 4 pto hp diff between the 40/45 and about 2 pto hp between 45/50.

The real issue is that a dealer may offer a better deal on an "in stock" machine that has been "sitting on the lot" for an extended period of time, rather than ordering you a new tractor. Food for thought. :thumbsup:

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs?
Thanks gents for the comments. These kind of confirmed my thoughts without driving a Kioti yet. I am planning on purchasing by the end of this month or may wait until the first of August to see if Kioti comes up with a better factory offer. Right now it is only the normal- free FEL. 0% financing would be nice.

rmorey- I had not thought about that. Maybe they would sell me the DK50 for not much more than a new DK40... will see... :) The dealer did mention they had a CK30 (2012) I could get for a great price. But it is not what I want.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #6  
rmorey- I had not thought about that. Maybe they would sell me the DK50 for not much more than a new DK40... will see... :) The dealer did mention they had a CK30 (2012) I could get for a great price. But it is not what I want.

It's worth a shot, but usually, the big step up in price is for the DK50, just like the step up to the CK35 in that series. I wanted a DK50 but went with the DK45 because my dealer could do much better on price and he couldn't do any better on a DK40. I've had both CK and DK series. The CK was great, easily beats the competition IMHO, but the DK is a totally different story and a real beast with a lot more useful features. I regularly do things with mine that are simply unimaginable for my CK30 (or my wife :D).

Here's 1000# slab of granite hung near full height. With the proper ballast, I could have done two at a time.

P7148476.jpg

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #7  
Check stock for Bobcat and McCormick dealers in your area they are the same tractor.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #8  
The only difference between the 40/45 and 50 is bore and stroke of the engine. Same block. Same everything else other than decals. Go for the one with the best price unless you specifically need the most PTO power possible. Most general work and mowing will be done equally by any of them. Loaders are identical. Running a big snowblower might be more efficient on the higher HP models but something tells me you aren't going to be adding a snowblower in SC.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs? #9  
Check stock for Bobcat and McCormick dealers in your area they are the same tractor.

They use different loaders, with the Kioti loader being stronger, but a few inches shy in max lift height.

/ Difference between the Kioti DK40/45/50SE HSTs?
I drove the DK50 yesterday but it did not have a FEL installed and had turf tires instead of the R4s I will be using. The open station seems to be more roomy than on the LS, but otherwise they are very similar, as are others in this class of tractor I have tested. I do like the LS HST much better than any other tractor I have tested, as when I let off the FWD/REV pedals the tractor stops immediately with no coasting- like slamming on the brakes if done abruptly. I like this action as all of my work will be done in heavily wooded areas and to not have to step on the brake pedals will be very useful.

I am leaning heavily towards the Kioti due to its 10% stronger FEL with higher lift capacity, although either one will do the work I need them to do, along with the auxillary 3PTH lift handle at the rear of the tractor which should make attaching implements easier And the Kioti has a crank handle tilt device for the 3PTH vs. the "standard" type of side link on all of the others I have tested. I will be using T-N-T so this factor should not play into my decision a lot.

I guess it will come down to cost, as LS and Kioti seem to be very similar tractors in the models I am selecting. At this point I am willing to pay ~ 5% - 8% or so more for the Kioti. The Kioti dealer told me a package deal with my implements would basically just be his cost for the implements. And 2 weeks ago I was quoted $21,755 for the DS40 with dual remotes, cruise control and trailer 7-pin connector. He also sells box blades from lightweight to HD with the most expensive being $1600, so I should be able to get a 72", 700 - 800 box blade for a very reasonable price with no delivery/shipping charge.

If the LS dealer has a R4041H or R4041H in stock, I will drive it one last time this weekend.