Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Current Kioti CK27HST and Cub Cadet 1810. Previous NH1510 Hydro, AC D14, Oliver 1355?, and JD 314 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Poopdeck Pappy View Post
    Guys, thanks for all your help. I've decided to go with the Kioti DK50SE Cab with HST. Just need to finalize the deal with the dealer tomorrow and see how long it will take to get one shipped in.
    Pappy

Enjoy the new Cab Tractor. The HST DK are capable tractors. The AC should be very nice on the hot Dallas Days. 100 degree F days seems to come along each year about this time.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST Cab, Kubota BX23TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Pappy,
    I know you've been looking hard and doing your homework on what tractor suits you best, and you've certainly done a good job at it

I imagine this is sort of a one off problem with overheating, but have you seen this thread on the DK50 Cab overheating while mowing? I didn't read through it in it's entirety so I don't know if most DK50's have this issue, or its just this one, but it is worth a look, and maybe see if you could demo the tractor and try mowing with it before you take delivery of it? I just wanted to point this out.
    DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot - Page 2

Aside from that thread, it's the only negative comment I remember seeing on these tractors (which you'll find plenty for ANY tractor you look up) and the DK50 seems like a VERY nice and VERY capable machine!
    Piston, I did see that thread. However, in my thread I posted on one of the general forums here asking how peoples' A/C was working, I could not discern any pattern to the satisfaction/dissatisfaction that could be attributed to brands/models. This may be one of those areas where "you pays your money and you takes your chances."

I decided that if I keep looking for a tractor that nobody anywhere has any complaints about, I'll never buy one.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by Poopdeck Pappy View Post
    I decided that if I keep looking for a tractor that nobody anywhere has any complaints about, I'll never buy one.
    Your absolutely right!
    I just wanted to point it out, and as I mentioned, I think that's the only negative comment I've seen on those tractors, which says a lot because almost all others have a lot more than that I'm a little jealous of your new cab tractor, I must admit haha
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    DK50SEH 49hp

Why would you go bigger? I am looking to buy a DK50SE for our 80 acres in southwest Missouri and was wondering if I would have enough HP to move fallen trees, pick up large rocks, bush hog on rough terrain, ect.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanR View Post
    Why would you go bigger? I am looking to buy a DK50SE for our 80 acres in southwest Missouri and was wondering if I would have enough HP to move fallen trees, pick up large rocks, bush hog on rough terrain, ect.
    Welcome!

That really just depends on the size of the rocks/trees in question. The DK50SE has a very powerful loader for its size, HP, and price, which should let you handle pretty large stuff. In reality, horsepower doesn't factor into it much unless you're only dragging stuff, and then traction is just as important (you get into tire style and ballasting issues).

This wasn't a log, but it's still wood, and gives you an idea of what a slightly less powerful loader can do:

Advise is a verb!

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanR View Post
    I can just about guarantee you will not be disappointed with a Dk50se in the rock picking up, tree moving and bush hogging areas.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Welcome!

That really just depends on the size of the rocks/trees in question. The DK50SE has a very powerful loader for its size, HP, and price, which should let you handle pretty large stuff. In reality, horsepower doesn't factor into it much unless you're only dragging stuff, and then traction is just as important (you get into tire style and ballasting issues).

This wasn't a log, but it's still wood, and gives you an idea of what a slightly less powerful loader can do:

Bart, that is dry wood, it does not count!.. just kidding, that is still a big wad of wood.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, JD X475, JD TS Gator

Good choice. It is a Tier 3.

Tractor
    Looking

Good morning 1st time posting here at TBN. I'm looking to buy a tractor and wanted your thoughts on this price. 2005 Kioti DK55 4x4 with Loader - $14900 does not have cab, looks clean and taken care of with 700hrs. Is this a good price and is there any thing in particular I need to know/check with this machine? i.e. Loader problems/recalls/common problems? Thank you for your time.-Travis

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by travisrpruitt View Post
    Good morning 1st time posting here at TBN. I'm looking to buy a tractor and wanted your thoughts on this price. 2005 Kioti DK55 4x4 with Loader - $14900 does not have cab, looks clean and taken care of with 700hrs. Is this a good price and is there any thing in particular I need to know/check with this machine? i.e. Loader problems/recalls/common problems? Thank you for your time.-Travis
    Start a new thread and you will get lots of answers. I don't know much on the 55 so I don't want to say anything. I did a lot of shopping before picking mine up and between pricing and surfing I learned a lot. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast