Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
I'm tractor shopping and I've narrowed it down (I think) to the Kioti DK50SE Cab or the Mahindra 6010 Cab. Both with HST. I've driven both and felt comfortable on both, so that's a wash. I know I'm posting this in the Kioti forum, so the responses are likely to be pro-Kioti, but I'd like to list out the pros and cons and see if anyone sees something I missed that might make a difference.

By the way, the same dealer sells both Mahindra and Kioti, so that's a wash except that this would be the very first Kioti the dealer has sold, assembled and delivered (which makes me a little nervous).

Mahindra 6010 HST:

Pro: More HP - gross (59 to Kioti's 49) and PTO (44 to Kioti's 37.5)
Pro: More FEL lift capacity (3,122# to Kioti's 2,761#) and breakout force (5,225# to Kioti's 3,727#) - but I'm not sure if both are measuring at the same points, so could be apples to oranges
Pro: More 3 point lift capacity (3,314 to Kioti's 2,493)
Pro: Slightly cheaper financing (2.99% or 3.99% vs. Kioti's 5.25%)
Pro: Larger tires than Kioti
Con: Tractor is manufactured by TYM
Con: Lower 3 point stabilizers are not telescopic
Con: Tier 4 engine

Kioti DK50SE HST Cab Pros:

Pro: More tractor weight (4,365 to Mahindra's 4,144) - This one surprised me.
Pro: Telescopic 3 point stabilizers
Pro: 2 year / 4 year Warranty with no limit on hours
Pro: Rear external hydraulic lever (This would be really handy, especially with a cab tractor.)
Con: Less HP
Con: Less FEL capacity
Con: Smaller tires
Con: Dealer's 1st Kioti delivery ever
Uncertain: Tier 3 or Tier 4 - Dealer is checking with Kioti on whether it is Tier 3 or Tier 4.

If it wasn't for the extra HP of the Mahindra, I'd just buy the Kioti and be done with it. But the extra 10 gross HP and 6.5 of PTO HP make me pause and think about it, especially since it's a cab tractor. Any thoughts, opinions or additional pros or cons are welcome.

P.S.: I know the proper comparison should be to a Mahindra 5010, not the 6010. But I'm not interested in the 5010. If I buy the Mahindra, it will be the 6010.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #2  
What is the price difference between the two tractors?

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab
About $1,800 more for the Mahindra. Not enough to influence my decision.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #4  
Well, I don't know what you are planning to use the tractor for, but I can tell you that for loader work and box blading, I have not run out of HP on my DK50SE. Unless you are doing some serious PTO work (and I'll just assume that you won't be blowing snow in Dallas) you will run out of traction way before you run out of HP. When I was looking at the 5010, I loved the top vent on the cab and the low access to the fuel tank (but was concerned about having the tank so exposed to ground gotchas), and the bigger tires in the front would have been a real help to me in the mud when using the FEL. But, I didn't like the controls (feel, location-especially the remotes, etc), I didn't think the cab fit and finish was anywhere near the Kioti, no 3 point extension arms or rear control (which I use EVERY time I change out my implements) and it had a Kioti engine (TYM tractor, Kioti engine, Mahindra name....too many players for 1 tractor!). If you are wondering about the weight difference, start by taking a look at the rear axle on each tractor. I know nothing will probably ever go wrong with the TYM axle, but just look at how each is built and ask yourself which is stronger....

Now I can't quite figure out why the 6010 is only 1800 more than a DK50SE, but I'm guessing it is because of financing. Around here last year, I paid about $4000 less for my Kioti than the 5010. The 6010 had just come out and it wasn't much more since it was just adding a turbo to the engine... You might try asking about a cash price and then securing your own financing. I came out waay ahead, but everyone is different.

. . . I'll just assume that you won't be blowing snow in Dallas. . . .

Let's just say that a snow blower isn't one of my higher priorities. ;)

. . . Now I can't quite figure out why the 6010 is only 1800 more than a DK50SE, but I'm guessing it is because of financing. Around here last year, I paid about $4000 less for my Kioti than the 5010. The 6010 had just come out and it wasn't much more since it was just adding a turbo to the engine... You might try asking about a cash price and then securing your own financing. I came out waay ahead, but everyone is different.

Actually, the $1,800 difference is using Kioti's cash price and Mahindra's 2.99% / 60 month price. Mahindra's cash price is $1,000 less, so that would only be an $800 difference apples to apples.

Normally, I would think he was trying to gouge me on the Kioti price, but he's within $500 of another quote I got on the DK50SE HST Cab from another Kioti dealer. And he said it's the best he can do on it. I suspect that the Tier 4 pricing is somewhat higher than you paid (dang it), but I still don't have confirmation that this is a Tier 4 engine.

Thanks very much for your thoughts on this.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #6  
What I don't understand is the lift capabilities of the Mahindra being more than the Kioti and the weight of the machine being less. Somethings not right. with loaded tires and a 1000lb roller box blade on mine it will still lift the backend off the ground. Anyway I now have 300 hours on the tractor and it has been good so far. 90% of the time the 50 hp has been adequate,with heavy loader use and you can load the engine down but you have to do it almost on purpose. I like to size of the tractor, it lets me get around in the woods with out to much difficulty. The lift capabilities are very good for it's size and I can comfortably haul it with a pickup. With that being said if I could have gotten the 55 with a hydrostat I would have went that route but so far no regrets with the DK50. CJ

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #7  
What I don't understand is the lift capabilities of the Mahindra being more than the Kioti and the weight of the machine being less. Somethings not right. with loaded tires and a 1000lb roller box blade on mine it will still lift the backend off the ground. Anyway I now have 300 hours on the tractor and it has been good so far. 90% of the time the 50 hp has been adequate,with heavy loader use and you can load the engine down but you have to do it almost on purpose. I like to size of the tractor, it lets me get around in the woods with out to much difficulty. The lift capabilities are very good for it's size and I can comfortably haul it with a pickup. With that being said if I could have gotten the 55 with a hydrostat I would have went that route but so far no regrets with the DK50. CJ

There are other situations where a lighter tractor has a more powerful loader...it does happen.

Loading rear tires doesn't do as much as 3pt weight for keeping the tires on the ground. I had to go to a 1,300lb+ counterweight to finally be able to max my loader with the rear tires on the ground.

CJone, it's interesting that your DK50 will still lift the rear end. So, maybe the Mahindra loader advantage, even if it's real, is an advantage only on a spec sheet that that doesn't mean much in the real world.

I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Kioti and then decided I really need a backhoe too. If I'm gonna get a backhoe, I probably want a Kubota, so I'm still figuring out what to do. The cost of the Kubota equivalent to the DK50, plus a loader, backhoe, mower and box blade, rear remotes, etc. has my wallet quivering in fear.

/ Kioti DK50SE HST Cab vs. Mahindra 6010 HST Cab #9  
I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Kioti and then decided I really need a backhoe too. If I'm gonna get a backhoe, I probably want a Kubota, so I'm still figuring out what to do. The cost of the Kubota equivalent to the DK50, plus a loader, backhoe, mower and box blade, rear remotes, etc. has my wallet quivering in fear.

I just bought a Kioti DK with a backhoe. The KB2485 BH came highly recommended and well matched to the machine.

gunmonkey, approximately how much does the backhoe add to the cost? $6,000? $7,000?