Silver Member
    Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows than people in this town.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40 HST

Default Cab for Kioti ??

Looking at the DK 40 HST to replace CK25.

Considering options. I have a small 10 acre farm. Nothing special, just a couple of horses and lots of grass. Wondering about getting the cab.

I live in Ocala, Fl area and it can get pretty hot. On the other hand as I'm not working a couple of hundred acres I'm on the tractor for all of a couple of hours at a clip. Sounds funny but when I got off the CK25 yesterday I was sweating like a pig but felt like I put in some good old fashioned work. Getting off the tractor and being fresh as a daisy seems counter intuitive to me. But at least I'd have the energy to do something else that day.

I know the A/C would be nice but...

Can somebody ballpark cost of cab on a DK40? Also I look at heat and A/C and I see one more thing to go south. Not to mention the possibility of window damage as I venture into my small stand of trees.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT

Default Re: Cab for Kioti ??

I see nobody has responded yet, so I'll jump in with an uninformed answer. I've been tractor shopping and, while I don't have any hard numbers to give you, my impression is that a cab adds $5,000 - $6,000 to the price, depending on make and model.

This is not scientific. I've only been shopping for a cab model, so really haven't been comparing prices for cab vs. open station.

I can tell you that there are a huge number of gently used open station tractors available in my area. If I wasn't looking for a cab model, I'd probably save a few bucks and buy used. Especially in the 40hp range you're looking in. My problem is that I want approx 50hp, HST and cab. The pickings are pretty slim in the used market for tractors meeting those specs.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200

Sorry, vacation time. I recently upgraded my CK 25 HST to a DK 40SE HST Cab, KL 401 loader, with loaded R1's and a KB 2485 Backhoe. With cash rebate was around $32k with taxes and delivery. Didn't price out the open station model.
    Rick

Gold Member
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

I'd suggest looking at a DK45 if you want a cab. The few extra horses will do you well. My guess on a DK45SE right now is around 28k.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT

That's probably about right on the DK45SE Cab HST because the DK50SE Cab HST is coming in right around $30k.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Get the cab, i know i wish i did it years ago.

Here in N Idaho both the heater and a/c have earned their keep. The unit freezes me out of the cab in the summer, and allows me to move snow in a tshirt in the winter.

Added about $6,000 to cost. I paid $26,900 for mine when i got it back in late 2011. An open station was running 20,500 at the time.

Also, the cab protects all the other stuff...ignition, upholstery, electronics and switches...and more importantly ME

oh..and i live on 20 acres of trees, no damage. you just have to drive safely.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Sorry, vacation time here as well. Others dealt with the price, I'd only add that you should shop the DK40-50 as there may not be much price difference depending on what your dealer has on the lot and they are identical except for a few hp. If you're going to be bush hogging or doing other PTO intensive work with the AC on, go up to the DK45 or DK50, the AC will rob 5-7hp.

I also worry about the AC going in my cab. I never seem to get more than 4 or 5 years out of a car before the AC starts acting up, and given the cost of AC service, it's usually all the excuse I need to move on to a new car. I'm on my 3rd tractor in as many years and I now feel my tractor is well matched for what I want to do with it, so there's no way I'll be trading it if the AC decides to pack it in. Thankfully, I haven't heard any Kioti owners saying their AC quit so I'm hoping for a long life out of it, but it's inevitable that one day I'll be deciding if it's worth fixing. I'm sure I'll decided I can live without it... until the first hot day, then it'll be at the dealer having the AC fixed