New DK40 HST !!

/ New DK40 HST !! #1  

drjay9051

Gold Member
Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows
Tractor
Kioti DK 40 HST
Just sold my 2007 CK25HST for $8,200.

This afternoon dealer came up with $8,000 on trade and 21,700 for the DK40, $13,700 net financed. He is throwing in 2 rear work lights and pick/delivery as well as labor on the 50 hour service. I'll pay for filters and fluids.

2 questions:
1. Fair deal?
2. Since I can now show up with some cash as opposed to a tractor for trade am I in a better position. We did agree on the phone on a price assuming trade. i had no idea I would sell it to a private party tonight. Do I ask for hydraulic top link, a few hundred off cost or just leave it alone? I am already $200 ahead on the sale of the CK25.

I have no idea of how the dealer woks with Agricredit as far as payment , if the dealer gets hold backs from corporate etc. I do know they do not need to lay out $8000 for my CK25 . Or is corporate helping them buy the trade in? I don't want to be a hog just wondering if say $4,000 down gives me more leverage.

BTW: I know that no pics it didn't happen. Got to take delivery first. Than you will have pics!!!!

/ New DK40 HST !! #2  
When you trade it in do you get a tax break on the trade? Go for the 2nd remote.

/ New DK40 HST !!
When you trade it in do you get a tax break on the trade? Go for the 2nd remote.

Not trading to dealer. Cash from private party. I thought I would show up at dealer, drop $4000 on the table and ask if he can do any better. Ag exemption so no sales tax in Fl.

So you think ask for 2nd remote? Question on this: Kioti web page states mid and rear hydraulic remote connections (see below) pasted from web page

pen Station (ROPS)
Single lever joystick with quick connect hydraulics
Rear differential lock
Twin HST Pedals
Push-button hydraulic independent PTO
Category I three-point hitch with telescopic end links
Mid/rear hydraulic remote connections
Flip up PTO guard
Deluxe CAB model also available
- See more at: DK40SE HST Utility Tractor | Kioti Tractors

Does this mean it comes with one rear and one mid already? If so I'm O.K. The rear for an eventual hydraulic top link and when i get a grapple I would run lines from the mid remote to front. Seems like it already comes with 2 remotes. However the catalog for the DK series shows only one with the second optional (makes no mention of mid remote

Standard Equipment
�Telescopic 3 point Hitch Ends �Telescopic Stabilizers �Crank Adjustable Lift Link �One Lever Joy Stick For Loader Operation �Foldable ROPS
�Hydrostatic Power Steering �Rear Differential Lock �Foot Throttles(Mechanical)
�Removable Drawbar �Oil Cooler(HST) �Head Lights/Safety Light �Tilt Steering Wheel �Wet Disc Brake �Adjustable Seat with Seat Belt �Remote Hyd. Valve
(Detent D/V 1 Valve)
KIOTI Tractor Division
Cabin only Standard
Equipment
�Air Conditioner / Heater �CD Player (with Radio) �Speaker (2EA, including grill) �Sunvisor
�Cup Holder (3EA) �Mobile Phone Holder
Optional Equipment
�2nd. Remote Hydraulic Valve �Rear & Front Weights �Sunshade (ROPS) �Mid PTO
�Trailer Electrical Outlet (7 Pin Sockket)

Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Cost of adding 2nd remote? Do i go mid or rear if only one from factory.?

/ New DK40 HST !! #4  
No, it comes with 1 rear. 2nd remote is around 500.00$ Rear plough lite is 47.00$

/ New DK40 HST !! #5  
I just wanted to mention my thoughts on Agricredit. They offered the 0% and the 5.25% and neither was as attractive as they promised.

The dealer told me the 5.25% was simple interest. This is important because I fully intended to pay off the loan in about a year to escape much of the interest charges.

After reading their contract it did not appear to be simple interest at all so I called them. Whomever answered the phone in the financing wing didn't really seem to know what simple interest was after promising over and over that their loan was indeed, simple interest.

They had a couple of flat charges, I forget what they called them and their contract had a provision for a penalty for early payment on the loan.

I was chasing my tail with them it seemed so I passed.

Free or cheap money is usually neither!

/ New DK40 HST !! #6  
I was sure that I read my contract as simple interest and no pre-payment penalty (I have a similar plan to yours), but you had me doubting it.
I re-read my agricredit contract tonight and it is, in fact, simple interest like a car loan, and the pre-payment clause says that I may be eligible for a refund of excess interest paid based on the rule of 78 (interest ratio amortization). I would assume their contract is standard, so I think they mislead you.