Buying Advice Please advise on a potential purchase ...........

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #1  

B52

Tractor
Kubota B2620 ; also 1939 AC model B
Hi all. I'm new to this board.

I'm here because I'm seriously considering a new Kioti CK20 w/ loader.

I have always had older small tractors (presently have an A.C. model B and a Farmall Cub). I now want to buy something new but I don't know much about the Kioti line. I have been looking and they appear similar to the Kubota line. A lot of people just say "buy Kubota", but for the money, the CK20 looks like a great tractor to me. There is a very good dealer for each make within 15 minutes of my house, so I'm not concerned about parts, service, etc.

Is Kioti the good tractor they appear to be ?

Thanks in advance........

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is Kioti the good tractor they appear to be ? )</font>

Yes !

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ...........
Ooops, I forgot to ask one more question..........

I am partial to a manual transmission, but a lot of the Kioti's seem to have automatics. Are the man. tranny's OK in these ?

Or is there some compelling reason that I should be considering an automatic ?

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #4  
Re: Ooops, I forgot to ask one more question..........

The hydrostat transmission is new to Kioti.
The CK 20 was the first Kioti here with that transmission option.
All other model Kioti tractors at this time only come with the standard or sycro-shuttle transmission.
Many buyers want to go with the hydro transmission for ease of use, but if you prefer the gear they work fine also.
My DK 35 is only avalible with the sycro-shuttle transmission.
Works real nice,shifts smooth,forward/reverser on the steering column.
If I'm not mistaken the CK 20 is avalible with this transmission and are usually less $ than the hydro.

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #6  
Kioti CK20 HST with 130 hours!

So far, so good!

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #7  
I have had a Yanmar 2000 for over a year now. Almost since day 1, I have desired the use of an FEL. I researched adding an FEL to my Yanmar and decided instead to buy a new tractor/FEL combo. I narrowed my search down to either a Kubota B7500 or Kioti CK20. I chose the Kioti (purchased in August) partially because of a lower cost, but primarily due to the extra weight which I believe might be helpful in some lifting and/or pushing applications. The Kioti is 500~600 lbs heavier than the comparable Kubota.

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #8  

B52 - You should evaluate the LB1914 if you like a manual transmission. Go to Kioti's web site and do a comparison of the LB1914 alongside the CK20. You will discover that the LB1914 has 8 forward/8 reverse speeds whereas the CK20 only has 6 Forward/2 reverse. The CK20 loses 4.5 HP at the PTO whereas the LB1914 only loses 3.4. In addition, the LB1914 is longer, wider, weighs more, lifts more---yet costs less!

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #9  
Hi all. I'm new to this board.

I'm here because I'm seriously considering a new Kioti CK20 w/ loader.

I have always had older small tractors (presently have an A.C. model B and a Farmall Cub). I now want to buy something new but I don't know much about the Kioti line. I have been looking and they appear similar to the Kubota line. A lot of people just say "buy Kubota", but for the money, the CK20 looks like a great tractor to me. There is a very good dealer for each make within 15 minutes of my house, so I'm not concerned about parts, service, etc.

Is Kioti the good tractor they appear to be ?

Thanks in advance........

YES!!!.. I have a CK2510 HST w/ Factory Cab, filled turf tires, FEL, front blower ( HD PRONOVOST)..New today... Three hours seat time moving old tree trunks, pushing them out of the way with the FEL--Regrading a portion of my back yard, fixing ruts caused by my little Kubota B7100 13 HP gear tractor, which was a joke to use. My impressions of the KIOTI so far-- WOW! Really easy to use--luv the HST. Heat in the cab is cozy. Air ride seat... Just pure heaven, and quite powerful. Actual HP (dyno proven) is 27, advertised as 24.5---Kioti understates it's equipment power not the usual thing. The frame is very, very rugged---and heavily built. It is a tough little tractor, and capable of working very hard. It has enuff power to bust itself if you mess up. Today I bulldozed a bunch of brush and 3" birch saplings with the FEL. One pass, all gone, roots and all (in compacted sandy soil). I pushed a thirty foot tree trunk that was 1o" in dia sideways into a gully and buried it with the FEL in about twenty minutes.

The turf tires (filled) are quite adequate.. And do not make ruts, but they do not have the traction of the AG tires.
I used the diff lock once in some muddy spots when they started to spin a bit while backing out of a old rut with wet soil underfoot and the FEL too low, HST is far different kettle of fish from gear power. The HST lets you know if you are taking too much of a bite for the tractor's power.. Not likely to stall the engine unless you are pretty stupid about it... Almost full engine grunt even at low RPM settings..because of the Tier 4 fuel management system, which acts like the old mechanical governor, sorta.-- no black smoke tho. In three hours of pretty hard work, she burned almost half a liter of fuel, measured carefully at the fuel tank. Work all day on a half a gallon!... Engine is quieit (for a diesel) but rattles a bit if Rpm is mid range and under no load. Typical for a diesel engine. Under load, she just snarls. at 1500 RPM..and she gets throatier at 2400 RPM.

I am impressed all to heck, a small--- but brutish tractor that is a luxury to use. Just the right size and power for almost any kind of serious work. The FEL is an essential implement on my three acres..and you gotta love the single lever hydraulic joystick. With HST it will do a lot, and more easily than I would have expected. Color me HAPPY!

This KIOTI is a winner, right out of the box.. My dealer's mechanic did it all right when he set it up--Just like it was supposed to be.

Building a retaining wall tomorrow... heavy work by hand. Five tons of blocks to carry, roots to grub. Piece of cake.
Darn I like this machine! It is just right!:dance1::cool2::cloud9:

Jix

/ Please advise on a potential purchase ........... #10  

I am partial to a manual transmission, but a lot of the Kioti's seem to have automatics. Are the man. tranny's OK in these ?

Or is there some compelling reason that I should be considering an automatic ?
B52.. nope...only one reason.. HST tranny is next to forever bullet proof in a KIOT!..and no CLutch to wear out, Plus ( a big Plus) is that you get more work done in less time..In extreme cold you have to wait for ten minutes after start-up to let the tranny oil warm up..unless you use a block heater. Cold hydraulics are balky..But no darn gears to shift. The CK2510 HST likes to work best in the low range, except if you are driving on a highway..and the low range is plenty fast enuff IMO... Hi range makes her prance like a young colt. Lo range she is like a Clydesdale stallion.:)