Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #11  
Just got a DK40 HST with FEL, 2 rear remotes for $21,700. Second Kioti. Moved up from a CK25. This DK is a beast and yes the rear control for lift arms is a great feature. No longer have to move from side to back as I attempt to get lift arms just right. I lived without it on the CK but it such a nice convenience to have. No experience with Bota but i am a very happy Kioti owner.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #12  
I ended up with a DK45SE HST w/FEL recently and the prices around here for it are 22,995 - 24,450 for this model in its standard configuration. And I believe the DK40 is ~ 1200 less, which is the one I started out expecting to purchase, or the LS R4041H.

FYI: The Kioti Operator's manual provides the following implement maximum widths for the DK40/45/50:

Loader bucket- 72"
Tiller- 73"
BB- 84"
Rear blade- 84"
Rotary cutter- 73"
Grooming mower- 72"
Aerator- 72"
Landscape rake- 96"

It also mentions not to use a 3PH mounted back hoe.

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK40SE HST #13  
I just recently received a DK 40 (manual shift model) and it is a really nice tough tractor, It has done everything I have asked of it and more, I agree with all above about the extras Kioti installs on the DK series especially the rear 3 pt control lever.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #14  
K0UA...thanks. I'd be glad to hear specifics on differences and pros/cons of both, especially since you have owned both. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about a bunch of tractors at this point. Only want to spend money once! :D

I agree with Koua's comments (after all this is not a political thread). :laughing:

I have had my DK40se HST since 2007. Never back to the dealer which is a good thing generally and in my case critical as the tractor is on an island. Maintenance is very simple and troubleshooting the occasional glitch is easily done with combination of cell phone, camera, Kioti maintenance manual, TBN and UPS. Dealer is 300 miles away but very supportive. Only warranty issues were seat belt retractor which exploded the first day and fuel bowl that cracked about year three. Other issues were disconnected 4wd wires (brush related) that was diagnosed with me under the tractor talking to the dealer mechanic. Ten second fix once diagnosed. And, a couple of the loader mount bolts backed part way out (check and re torque them with EVERY oil change!). Oh yea, I have pretzeled two bucket level indicators so now do without. Oh yes, I also had to disassemble part of the engine compartment to get a flashlight out of the fuel tank (don't ask) and that was an interesting experience that showed how simple and yet well constructed the tractor is. Other than that, only oil changes, grease, filters and one HST fluid change with a total of a bit over 400 hours now. It starts with first try every single time. Still on the original battery too.

I haven't owned a Kubota but have operated a few. To me the Grand L Kubotas are about the same except for their more advanced "next generation" HST and about $6000 for equivalent horsepower version tractors compared to the DK. The Kioti uses a fine HST that is the technological equivalent of all the Kubota non GL level transmissions which is to say it works just fine. The Kioti DK is sometimes compared to the economy Kubota L series but that is really not a fair comparison except for similar $$ per HP. The DK is way more fully featured than the plain vanilla L series. I cannot think of any other features that the Grand L has besides the transmission that really would be considered an upgrade over what comes with the DK. The Grand L is lighter which is good for mowing lawns but not so great for most other tractor tasks. As Koua noted, the KL401 loader on the DK40/45/50 is a beast and is the single best and most differentiating feature of the DK. Last point is that 40hp is plenty so you'd need a really good reason IMO to pay anything extra for the 45 or 50. Kioti plays marketing games with the 40/45/50 as they are all literally identical down to the last nut and bolt except for 1) decals and 2) bore and stroke. It is apparently real expensive to drill out an extra couple hundred cubic centimeters from the engine block. It might be worth paying the extra if you have a cab and run A/C in the hot summer or if you live in serious snow country and operate a snow thrower but otherwise all three versions take the same implements so there won't be much if any extra work done by the 45 or 50. FWIW, I rarely run my engine over 2100rpm which means I am not even using all 40hp. My advice: save the 6000 over a Kubota GL and save the 1000-2000 over the 45/50, get the DK40se HST and use the 7000-8000 saved to go WILD in buying implements. Having the perfect implement for a job is far more efficient than having more horsepower. You could almost have a DK40 TLB for the same price as a Grand L. You can have a DK40 and a full grapple set up for less than the extra you'd pay for a 45 or 50. The DK40 is simply the sweet spot king in the 40hp range and is a REALLY superb bang for the buck amongst all CUTs.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #15  
Isn't it amazing we can disagree so vehemently about other issues, yet we seem to be in lockstep on tractors (and grapples too!):D

James K0UA

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #16  
Isn't it amazing we can disagree so vehemently about other issues, yet we seem to be in lockstep on tractors (and grapples too!):D

James K0UA

We only disagree vehemently when you talk like a wingnut!:drink::mur:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #19  
Hi MCP

I was in your situation this past year! I have 250 acres in the Adirondacks where I have extensive timber, run a maple syrup/sugar biz, food plot for various critters etc etc etc.... After years of TRYING to make do w/ atv and their implements ( and many head gaskets later!) I knew I needed a tractor..a real tractor. Not the little lawn things etc. I looked at everything and found a wide disparity among manufacturers, models, features and prices. Really liked some JD and Kubota units but pricing was high. Looked at LS, Kioti and New Holland as well....
I found, IMHO, that it was nearly impossible to touch the LS and Kioti brands when looking at features and price. I know each and every brand has its diehard devotees. I was looking kind of as an outsider looking in with no brand allegiances etc. After getting A TON of great info from this site and the great folks on it, I narrowed down to Kubota, Kioti and LS. From there, taking into account fit/finish, price/features and strength of warranty reputation and my local dealer, I went with Kioti DK40SE HST.

I've had about a month now and can't imagine life without it :laughing: I use it whenever I'm at my place for a never ending list of jobs. I also purchased a 6' deck mower/brush hog (Kodiak is the brand) which I use constantly. Knocking out trees, saplings, brush etc etc.

Whichever you choose, make sure the price and features you need are there. Your dealer is important, go with the person you are comfortable with. Also, if you are teetering between sizes (eg., not sure if you want the 35hp or the 40hp) assuming you can afford it - or at least you won't lose your house over the tractor payment - generally, err on the side of more hp :drink:

As for pricing, I'm into my DK40 for $25k. That's for the new (2013) DK40SE HST w/ ag tires, FEL, Kodiak medium duty 6' brush hog, all extras on the tractor including fully redundant controls on back of unit. My dealer even picks up/delivers my tractor for services free of charge.

Have fun and keep posting ! Great site with a lot of great ideas :thumbsup: :cool2:

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK40SE HST
Thank you! Awesome info, greatly appreciated :D