Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #21  
The best price that I have found on the DK40SE HST is $19,800.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #22  
I don't own a Kioti, but was very close to getting one. In short, it's a very impressive machine that will go head-to-head with most tractors costing upwards of $10k more. I felt that my LS and the Kioti were in a tie, so I let the slightly lower price, and slightly higher HP make the decision for me, but I am absolutely certain I would be equally happy if I'd gone with the Kioti.

Something to consider is that you'll have to look very, very hard to find anybody saying they had bad luck with a Kioti DK, and even the folks who swear the more expensive brands like Deere, and Kubota, are worth the extra $, they can't seem to point to any tangible shortcomings of the Kioti.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #23  
Hey Bart, maybe next time you'll get it right! :laughing: Seriously, the LS is a pretty nice machine. :thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #25  
Hey Bart, maybe next time you'll get it right! :laughing: Seriously, the LS is a pretty nice machine. :thumbsup:

Trust me, it was one of the most agonizing purchase decisions I've made in ages! Buying my truck was a cake walk in comparison. As I've said many times, for every plus one had, the other machine had an offsetting plus. I honestly think LS and Kioti look at the other brand and say stuff like "hey, we can go up one size on the tires, and have an advantage" or similar points. When I convince my wife she needs a SCUT or small CUT for her gardening, I'll probably recommend a Kioti :drink:

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK40SE HST #26  
Trust me, it was one of the most agonizing purchase decisions I've made in ages! Buying my truck was a cake walk in comparison. As I've said many times, for every plus one had, the other machine had an offsetting plus. I honestly think LS and Kioti look at the other brand and say stuff like "hey, we can go up one size on the tires, and have an advantage" or similar points. When I convince my wife she needs a SCUT for her gardening, I'll probably recommend a Kioti :drink:

Kioti doesn't have it's own SCUT. I forget exactly who used to make the one they now sell but it wasn't developed in house.

Though I have owned two Kiotis, I'd still lean towards Kubota for a BX TLB as the standard to beat in the SCUT arena.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #27  
Kioti doesn't have it's own SCUT. I forget exactly who used to make the one they now sell but it wasn't developed in house.

Though I have owned two Kiotis, I'd still lean towards Kubota for a BX TLB as the standard to beat in the SCUT arena.

True...I was thinking large SCUT, or small CUT....something like a CK20.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #28  
True...I was thinking large SCUT, or small CUT....something like a CK20.
I owned and loved a CK20. If they put in a 3 range HST it would be near perfect. A true mighty mite. Loved it and wish I could have afforded to keep it when I moved up to the DK40. I keep it as my avatar photo as a memory.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #29  
I don't own a Kioti, but was very close to getting one. In short, it's a very impressive machine that will go head-to-head with most tractors costing upwards of $10k more. I felt that my LS and the Kioti were in a tie, so I let the slightly lower price, and slightly higher HP make the decision for me, but I am absolutely certain I would be equally happy if I'd gone with the Kioti.

Something to consider is that you'll have to look very, very hard to find anybody saying they had bad luck with a Kioti DK, and even the folks who swear the more expensive brands like Deere, and Kubota, are worth the extra $, they can't seem to point to any tangible shortcomings of the Kioti.

GManBart, I was in the same quandry as you between the LS and Kioti, but went the other direction. I think both brands are the best bang for the buck in the U.S market.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #30  
Was quoted $21,500 with industrial tires today.