Tractor Specification Confusion

/ Tractor Specification Confusion #1  

Gro_Kiwi

Good Evening

I have been researching tractors for a couple of months now and finally know what I features want; I just do not know which tractor to buy.

I have a small farm. I will use my box scraper, my disc and my loader more than I will use my PTO implements. I will use the PTO to run a spray rig for fertilizer spraying and to power a rotary mower for cutting weeds. I will use the loader for moving dirt, removing vines and with the pallet forks on the loader to move and lift 800 pounds bins of fruit. I feel I need a tractor with R4 tires, foldable ROPS, four \wheel drive and position control on the 3 point. I have always used a gear driven tractor, but recently drove a Hydrostatic and fell in love with it.
The smallest Kubota tractor to have position control and meet my other specifications is their B2410 that has 24 gross HP and 18 PTO HP. It will lift 1300 pounds 24 inches behind the 3 point. The loader will lift 770 pounds at the bucket center and has a break force of 1330 lbs..

The smallest John Deer to meet my specification is the 4110. It has 20 gross HP with 17 PTO HP. It will lift 1150 pounds 24 inches behind the 3 Point. The loader will lift 800 pounds at the bucket center and has a break force of 2130 pounds.

The only Kioti with Hydrostatic drive is the CK20HST. It has 19 gross HP and 14 PTO HP. It will lift 1109 pounds 24 inches behind the 3 point. The KL 120 Loader will lift 770 Pounds, but has a break force of only 990 pounds.

I am not sure which specifications I should be looking at and comparing based upon how I will use my tractor. Your advice would be appreciated.

/ Tractor Specification Confusion #2  
For your needs Lifting the fruit bins with the loader is the most critical specification. The breakout force really doesn't come into play.

None of the tractors mentioned will really meat those needs. The JD is right at the max. for lifting the bins. The others are below.

The bins could be lifted with pallet forks attached to the three point hitch but this may not give you much flexability for stacking the bins.

Also consider how high you must lift the bins, the nature of terrain, ie flat, sloped, bummpy etc. This is in regards to stability of the tractor when moving the bins.

And that exhausts my limited knowledge.

Egon

/ Tractor Specification Confusion #3  
Egon makes a good point. 800 pounds on pallet forks attached to the loader puts the load further out in front of the tractor which will also decrease your maximum lifting capacity.

The information on the CK20 has been updated for the final production models. 21 horsepower and 15.5 pto horsepower.
Kioti's CK20 web page

Kioti does have a CK25 and CK30 in the development stage scheduled for release in 2004.

/ Tractor Specification Confusion #4  
Do you have a Mahindra dealer nearby? Their new 15 series tractors are hydrostatic and quite nice. The loaders on any of these three new tractors would meet your needs I think. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif