Comparison DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #1  

SwingOak

Silver Member
Central Wisconsin & in the Western UP, MI
Tractor
'65 IH Cub Lo-Boy, '13 Kioti DK50SE HST, '20 Kioti RX7320
I'm going to need a tractor and think I'm going with Kioti because it seems like it's just as much or more tractor than the other brands for less money. No brand bashing here, just my oibservation.

I've test driven a DK50SE HST Cab which was interesting, I'm not sure I'm that crazy about a hydro trans. but I'm left with a few questions about what the difference really is between the DK50 and the DK45 other than the transmission? The DK50 looks like they gave it a few more HP than the 45 to compensate for a power robbing hydro.

The cash price on the DK50 with FEL is $29.5, thw DK45 about $1500 less. I don't have a price on the NX yet.

And what is so different about the NX? Seems like it is again the same tractor with a lower flow but more powerful hydraulic pump and a different trans.

Can someone enlighten me about the differences between these models and how the trans gearing is set up in the NX?

I have a small horse farm so I'll be using it for spreading horse poop, haying, and snow removal. This winter is my first in Wisconsin, and I'm told its the coldest, snowiest winter in 25 years. Lucky me! My little old IH cub has done surrprisingly well but with all this snow and drifting it has finally met its match! I won't be able to hay with it either. Time to upgrade!

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #2  
I've got the DK45 with hst, same tractor as the 50, cept the engine, from what i can tell, the trans is the same regardless of hp. As for the NX, that is the new range of tractors, dont know anything about them other than the engine is tier4 compliant.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #3  
If your going to max out the PTO when running implements or do a lot of ground engaging work go with a non hydro, if not then you will definitely not regret going with a hydro tranny when it comes to plowing and loader work.

Steve

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #4  
The dk45 and dk50 are the same tractor with different horsepower, same with the dk40, too I think, but not the dk35. You could check if the displacement is different, otherwise it's just tuned up by 5hp. The nx is the new line of tractors designed in a large part to meet new emissions standards. It's newer technology, makes more power from less displacement, but costs more and will be more costly when repairs pop up. Back to the HP question, most of the time you're going to lose traction before you lose power. The exception is running PTO implements, like mowers or balers where you might need the extra power. I don't know if others will agree with me here, but I would be happier buying a tractor if I knew the company put a motor with more power in front of all the components. I.e. I think it'd be harder to prematurely wear out the dk40, since kioti feels comfortable running 10 more HP through it in the dk50. That was one reason I chose the mx4700 over the mx5100.

Also, try doing some loader work with a geared and a hydro tractor. The hydro is more $ and robs a bit of power, but wow is it nice. I don't like the thought of moving pallets with gears. Also, I rode a dk45 at a dealership with gears. I thought with the hydro shuttle you could change directions without the clutch. Well, not on this one. Maybe in warmer weather or something, but this one wouldn't do it. Good luck in your decision, and welcome to Wisconsin.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510
Thanks guys. For snow removal my plan is to use a rear mount blower & the FEL. I figure I need at least 35 HP at the PTO for haying; my fields are dead flat so I just need enough power to run a small haybine (I was going to look for a 7', definitely not more than 9') and a baler for small square bales.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #6  
The DK50 uses a B-series Daedong engine with a longer stroke that gives it more displacement than the DK45. It also has an engine oil cooler at the filter base, which I don't think the 45 has. Other than that I believe the 2 tractors are completely identical. Between the 2 I'd pick the 50 myself.

The NX uses a 3 cylinder B-series engine with a turbo charger and direct injection. Ironically it is probably the exact same block that was installed in the dK35se. I've only looked at the NX online, but I like what I see so far.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #7  
I rode a dk45 at a dealership with gears. I thought with the hydro shuttle you could change directions without the clutch. Well, not on this one. Maybe in warmer weather or something, but this one wouldn't do it.
The gear model DK's are synchronized shuttle. They require using the clutch to shift forward/reverse and for gear changes.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #8  
Well that explains it. Too bad the salesman didn't know.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510 #9  
If you are going to run a snowblower, the HST is the way to go.. You have infinite ground speed control. You can feed the snow in at the proper rate without going too slow or too fast.

/ DK45 vs DK50 vs NX4510
Sounds like I may have to go with the DK50SE HST. Windy, super cold, and blowing snow over the past couple days - all I can think about while plowing snow with my '65 Cub Lo-Boy is how nice a heated cab would be...