DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts?

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #1  

KKenser

Tractor
NH TC40D, DK50SE HST CAB
Hello,

New to the forum. I have a NH TC40D (I think I found on tractorbynet in 2004) with HST but we have had such a severe cold winter, I want a cab. I was looking at the Kioti. I'm about 600 miles round trip to the dealer but I work on most everything I own. I'm concerned about getting something with new technology until the bugs have been worked out (of course my kids make fun of me regarding technology). The DK50SE is Tier 3 while the NX's are Tier 4. The prices are good.

DK50SE HST Cab is rougly $29800
NX5510 HST Cab is rougly $33000
NX6010 HST Cab is roughly $35900

They also have a RX6010 power shift ($33,900), but my wife most likely could not work it. I like the fact that Kioti has an auxiliary 3-point lever at the rear. I have never owned a Kioti and I'm a long ways off from the dealer. Short of a major catastrophe I will not get warranty work done. Your knowledge thoughts and experience are welcomed.

Local dealers of Case, NH, and Kubots are about $1000 per horse power. I guess they feel they have a captive audience.

Aberdeen, SD

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #2  
I don't know much about the tier 4 stuff...All I knew was I didn't want all that stuff on a tractor.
I was looking at some vids on youtube of some tier 4 tractors, you could not even see the engine through all the emissions stuff.

I bought my Tier3 DK45HST Cab last May to avoid Tier 4, (same tractor as the 50, smaller motor) Its a real simple tractor, mechanical injection, a throttle cable, and a muffler. Not a lot to go wrong with the engine.

I've been very happy with it, starts really well in cold weather, heat and A/C work great, comfortable, strong loader, its a brute, I spent 5 hours out today plowing snow, it was quite enjoyable:thumbsup:

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #3  
I have almost 400 hours on my DK50 in a year and a half and it has very good, nothing major or minor really and I use it hard. It's never abused and gets maintained well but it does not get babied. I can say the tractor has meet or exceeded my expectations and coming from a heavy equipment background it has had a lot to live up to. I would really stay away from the tier 4 stuff until it is proven, many many problems with the new emissions stuff on trucks. I jumped on the tier 3 as soon as I could afford it. I can't comment on the other 2 but the DK50 has been great for me. CJ

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #4  
The above prices on the NX's are low by about 2-3000. DK50 price pretty close
All of the Kioti DK's are/ have been good tractors. Just FYI, most all DK cab models are gone at Kioti, limited to field inventory.
DK open station models still available through mid-summer.

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts?
Thank you grm61 and CJONE for your input.

I am leaning towards the tier 3 DK50SE. I've have never purchased anything in it's first year of production because there will always be problems. They sound like solid tractors. I can just as easily talk myself out of the purchase because of need verses want. Unfortunately or fortunately, my wife gave me the go ahead to purchase.

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #6  
Forgot, one thing about the new NX's is that they do not come standard w/ rear remotes, inside mirror and radio like the DK's did. So when pricing, to be comparable to the DK's those items need to be added in. That's another $7-800. I'm sure the above prices didn't include those items.

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #7  
Better get while you have the approval. I would go for the DK50. Once it is gone, it's gone.

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #9  
I'd get the Kioti and service it yourself like many here do. Forget tier 4 for now, it's an infant without diapers. Could be ok but could crap all over you. Who needs the headache of being the crash test dummie for the latest as yet unproven technology. Nobody buys version 1.0 anything.

Kioti DK's are excellent. Between the DK-35, which was too small for my then unknown needs, and my DK-40 I've clocked over 1000 hours with no major issues, and few minor ones. There are some real supportive dealers who sell parts, service manuals, and give online access to parts schematics here on TBN so no worries to doing your own service.

/ DK50SE vs NX5510 vs NX6010 All are HST with Cab, Thoughts? #10  
Thank you grm61 and CJONE for your input.

I am leaning towards the tier 3 DK50SE. I've have never purchased anything in it's first year of production because there will always be problems. They sound like solid tractors. I can just as easily talk myself out of the purchase because of need verses want. Unfortunately or fortunately, my wife gave me the go ahead to purchase.

What are you going to be using the tractor for? CJ