Buying Advice To Cab or Not to Cab

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #11  
i have 20 acres of which 17-18 are wooded. I have paths cut for my old open station. i only had to make them a bit taller by limbing the trees up with a pole saw. i have NEVER regretted getting the cab unit.

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #12  
Vote for the cab. I'd certainly love to have one when blowing snow if for nothing else.

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #13  
Get the CAB, you can always remove the doors in summer if you like. Adding one later will cost you more than 4K. Chainsaw is a great thing for removing low hanging limbs. In winter, you will thank yourself every single day you plow snow.
Here is my vote.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 120
   / To Cab or Not to Cab #14  
I'm 39, I'm OK without the cab. I can back that up by saying my heated plow truck sat behind the barn this past winter while I used the snow plow on my LX. Put on some polypropylene underwear and some insulated coveralls and I can be outdoors all day long. Riding in an open station tractor in winter is kinda like skiing or snowmobiling, you're just moving along a little slower.

However, I have a cushy indoor cubicle job. If my livelihood depended upon working outdoors I'd feel differently and get the cab. Being in the open station is my time to enjoy being outdoors.

If and when I add a cab I want it to be no frills, and removable. The factory cabs they make these days are nicer than the hardtop on my Jeep TJ, I neither want nor need the luxury and would rather spend that extra money on implements and a top-and-tilt-kit.

/ To Cab or Not to Cab
Hmm...interesting points about the open station and enjoying the outdoors. I wonder if the windows on the cab would lessen my summer tan? :laughing:

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #17  
Get the Cab since they don't even make a DK anymore and you don't have to mess with the Tier 4 crap!

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #18  
Get one of each. ;)

I'd love a cab in winter, but I love not having one in summer. I work in the woods a lot, so open station makes more sense for me, and the price was better. I don't even know if they make a bare bones tractor like the MX or ds kioti with a cab. I know neither of those can be had with one, but maybe someone makes one. Have fun shopping.

/ To Cab or Not to Cab
Oh definitely getting something in the DK series. Just debating if the investment in the Cab is worth it, vs investing that money into something else. If money wasn't an issue of course I'd get the Cab.

Anyone know if the cost of ownership goes up with the Cab much? Obviously will have to replace wipers and fluid in a Cab. Anything else? Is there an air cabin filter to change too?

/ To Cab or Not to Cab #20  
Well the whole HVAC system. AC, heat, fan(s), also, radio and speakers.