Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #1  

spindlewood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST Cab
First off, I started a post looking at the JD 3520 CAB and with the advice I've received on this forum, I'm pretty convinced the DK40 SE HST CAB is a better machine and the way to go. Seemed better to start a new thread for the DK 40 quote I just got.

I was quoted:
Cab plus loader (w/r4 tires): $29,718
Kioti 7 1/2' Backhoe: $6,594
Kioti 72" Snowblower: $7,636

Because of the rebate programs these are not eligible for the zero percent interest option (nothing is free - they give the rebate but get it back and more in interest)

I've seen other recent quotes on the forum for $27,900 and $25k, but am not sure if those included the loader.

Does this quote seem in line?
Is this a superior machine over the JD 3520 CAB - for roughly the same price, which would you choose?
Any ideas of the resale on it in 5 years?
The dealer says he put 5 hours on the tractor this winter moving snow on his lot. Comments?

I have 27 acres of mostly woods and 1000 feet of driveway / road. Plan to use the tractor for snowblowing, mowing weeds, post holes, chipping, tree maintenance, dirt moving. The price difference to move up to a DK 45 SE HST CAB is $1,500. Worth it for my needs?

I'm aware that a cab in the woods can be a liability - I'm planning to stick to the fire roads and limb up - hope I'm not being too naive. Yet, snowblowing in a cab seems the way to go for the large amount of snow we get in the mountains of North Idaho. Cab will also be nice for the weed mowing.

Thanks for your feedback.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #2  
Seems good except the snowblower. Lots of used ones around here for 1/4 that price.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #3  
My DK45SE with loader was $29K. Try for filled tires and second hyd remotes for the DK40 for his price quote.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab
My DK45SE with loader was $29K. Try for filled tires and second hyd remotes for the DK40 for his price quote.

He quoted $300 for the Rim Guard. I will definitely go for the extras you mentioned. It helps having quotes like yours for reference. - Thanks for the suggestion.

Seems good except the snowblower. Lots of used ones around here for 1/4 that price.

Would like to find one for that price. What brands do you recommend and what site do you use to find used equipment. Nothing on Craigslist or local papers. Fastline's nearest 72" blower is over 1000 miles away. Thanks.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #6  
Does this quote seem in line?
It seems right in the ballpark, you should be able to get something, loaded tires and or second remote I got mine with the third function valve with a rocker switch on the joystick and plumbed up front for a grapple, or tell him you'll take the 45 for that price, although he probably does not have one. These tier 3 cab machines, are getting scarce, you are lucky to have found it.

The dealer says he put 5 hours on the tractor this winter moving snow on his lot. Comments?

What are the total hours on the machine? more than 10 total I would want a discount, I'd be pissy at seven or eight.

The price difference to move up to a DK 45 SE HST CAB is $1,500. Worth it for my needs?
I dunno, You can hear the AC load the engine, I bought the 45 to split the difference between the 40 and 50, not wanting to be left wanting:)

The pto HP on the 40HST is 32.5, the 45 HST is 36, the 50HST is 37.5 , I figured for the price jump between the 40/45/50, going to the 45 gave me the most for my money.

Yet, snowblowing in a cab seems the way to go for the large amount of snow we get in the mountains of North Idaho. Cab will also be nice for the weed mowing.

The Cabs are awesome:thumbsup:,

Last edited:
Howdy neighbor. We're probably less than 4 hours from each other.

I appreciate your feedback tremendously. I'll be visiting the dealer tomorrow. I will keep your advice in mind. I believe the tractor has 5 hours total on it. I'll see tomorrow for sure and get back with an update.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #8  
Would like to find one for that price. What brands do you recommend and what site do you use to find used equipment. Nothing on Craigslist or local papers. Fastline's nearest 72" blower is over 1000 miles away. Thanks.

Hmmm... That's a bummer. There are actually lots of them on Craigslist around here. I almost bought one for $1000 this winter, but got pallet forks instead. There are a few for $1000 around here, and lots between 1-4k.

Good luck.

/ Advice and price check on new DK40 HST with cab #9  
You should be able to get the DK45 or even the 50 for the price they quoted you for the 40.

What are the total hours on the machine? more than 10 total I would want a discount, I'd be pissy at seven or eight.

It has 9 hours. I told the dealer that I expect a discount because of it - and he agreed. Your post helped me be ready for the conversation - thanks.

You should be able to get the DK45 or even the 50 for the price they quoted you for the 40.

As you are the second one to say this, I will be stating it directly to the dealer on Monday.

I test drove it yesterday. My wife has finally approved the purchase, so it's time to tell the Kioti dealer to get the price down where it's an offer I can't refuse. I've got two other dealers I could get quotes from if necessary. Hopefully next time I post it's with good news.