Price Check Used DK55 price?

/ Used DK55 price? #1  

travisrpruitt

Tractor
Looking
Good morning 1st time posting here at TBN. I'm looking to buy a tractor and wanted your thoughts on this price. 2005 Kioti DK55 4x4 with Loader - $14900 does not have cab, looks clean and taken care of with 700hrs. Is this a good price and is there any thing in particular I need to know/check with this machine? i.e. Loader problems/recalls/common problems? Thank you for your time.-Travis

/ Used DK55 price? #2  
Travis, first, welcome to TBN. Tons of great info here.

That sounds like a good tractor for the price. I don't personally know anything about the dk55, but the owners of the dk40-50 models seem quite pleased with their machines. It would stand to reason that the 55 is a quality machine.

A couple of questions, though. First, what are you planning on doing with your tractor? Different tractors are better suited to different tasks. The dk55, as I understand it, has a fully synchronized 12x12 transmission. I don't know, but I don't think it has a hydraulic shuttle. This means you'll be needing to use the clutch every time you change directions. Geared transmissions have advantages over hydrostatic transmissions, namely they put more power to the wheels, but compared to a hydro machine, they are nowhere near as convenient for loader work, or other tasks with frequent direction changes or fine movements. A power shuttle, or hydraulic shuttle lets a geared machine change directions without clutching, but I don't think the dk55 has that feature.

Second, is this your first tractor? Did you grow up using tractors or other equipment? A geared machine is much harder to learn than a hydro. If you grew up using these machines and know what you're getting into, no problem. If you have never operated one, at least test drive a hydro before buying anything. For an inexperienced operator, a hydro tractor will be easier and much safer to use. Which brings me to my last question: will you be the only operator? I'd feel a lot better about my wife or other inexperienced operators using a hydro than a geared machine.

So, let us know some details and we can go from there. The tractor you mentioned is probably a great machine, but will be better for tasks like mowing fields, baling hay, and driving ground engaging implements with some occasional loader work, all at the hands of a qualified operator. If that doesn't describe you or your situation, I'd pass on this one.

/ Used DK55 price? #3  
I don't know anything about the DK55 either, but you could search this subforum for "DK55" to find more info on it.

You should also search for recent pricing threads on the DK50SE. I seem to recall that the prices on that model without a cab are somewhere around $24,000 to $25,000. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, then you would be getting a somewhat more powerful tractor, with fewer features, for somewhere around $10,000 less than the newer model.

/ Used DK55 price?
Thanks for the info, the dk55 was sold yesterday :( . The tasks that my future tractor will need to perform on my 40 acres will include bush hogging, baling hay, a lot of loader work, plowing for gardens/food plots, moving downed trees,& misc work needed with cattle and equine. I live in the north ga mountains so the terrain has lots of hills and a few creeks and low lying wet areas.