Seriously considering a DS3510

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #1  

jrclark

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510
Just to give everyone some background, this will be our first tractor. My wife and I have 5 completely wooded and sloped acres that we plan to build on this year. This being a flag lot, we also have a 1900' driveway to contend with. The primary uses for this machine will be to skid logs, move firewood, maintain and plow the driveway, run a pto chipper, possibly mow a small strip of grass on either side of the driveway, build our patio, etc. Of course, it will also provide me with something to do when the wife is in a "mood". Because we are about to build a home, cost is the biggest factor in the tractor purchase, with functionality and durability being important as well. With that said, I'm not afraid of having a shuttle versus hydrostat.

Can anyone offer some insight to the DS line of tractors? Have there been any issues, gripes, etc. that would be relevant?

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #2  
It's a solid tractor. The only down side I see to it is the tight cockpit. Test drive it before you buy.

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #3  
Hi I have a ds3510 and after 52 hours I am very happy. The tighter floor pace on the tractor is something you quickly get used to so don't let that deter you. Mine has the 4 in 1 which is really a sole saver. There is Heaps of lifting compacity both front and rear. Yes it's a no frills tractor but there is nothing I have been wanting for and done everything I have asked of it. I have slashed and cleared and moved tonnes nd tonnes of large rock and moved tree stumps and logs back and forth. Good luck in your search and feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

/ Seriously considering a DS3510
Thanks for the responses.
Jason, what size logs have you been moving? Do you use the 3pt or loader to move them? My thought was to just use a chain and the drawbar to move them, then use the loader to hoist them in a pile.
I'm 6' 2" tall, so the cockpit room is a little bit of concern. I'll test it out either tomorrow or Friday at the dealership to see if I like it. The deal is going to be hard for me to walk away from, unless they come way down on a CK.

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #5  
Thanks for the responses.
Jason, what size logs have you been moving? Do you use the 3pt or loader to move them? My thought was to just use a chain and the drawbar to move them, then use the loader to hoist them in a pile.
I'm 6' 2" tall, so the cockpit room is a little bit of concern. I'll test it out either tomorrow or Friday at the dealership to see if I like it. The deal is going to be hard for me to walk away from, unless they come way down on a CK.
depending on the dia if it's say 10 inches I some where around 12-15 foot (hardwood) mainly so I can gt it down the tracks to the burn off pile. I've lifted a much larger in dia but shorter in length. I've been stacking the logs etc with the loader. A lot quicker, just cut thm down if you need to. Make sure you have a counter balance which I have ( part of the deal) but I often just use the slasher as that. I don't think you height is an issue my sons he same and has no problems it's really getting seated. The parking Brake location makes it fiddily with your feet to get into postion but as I said you do get used to that. I get on and off from the left side due to the loader joy stick. Are you getting the four in one bucket rather than just the loader? I seriously recommend it it will save your back and make stacking logs to burn off much much easier. If your doing that type of clean up work you will be sorry if you don't. Make sure you neg with them either doing the first service or providing he filters. I havn't got loaded tyres and after being using an old Fordson for 10 years felt that it could use them though todate I haven't done it. For years I had no option than to drag logs with the old Fordson but still back braking and difficult to get a well stacked pile for burning. I have a stand alone 30t wood splitter now so I now cut the large rounds and take them to the splitter with the loader and just roll them on to the splitting deck so there is no extra lifting. If you are doing extra heavy work you could look at the 45hp, I couldn't as the $$ took me over my budget. I haven't missed the extra hp but wouldnt hurt with extra weight and lifting compacity. Mine also comes with the extra rear remote which is a nice addition, I also got a sun canopy which was a last minute add od but I'm very pleased I did. Cheers Jason

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #6  
Freaking love my DS3510. Bare bones but a workhorse, exactly what I wanted. Do get the remotes, wish I had but will be adding them soon.

On a side note, I grew up not far from Harleysville, in Perkiomenville. Used to do a ton of mowing in harleysville in summers during college!

Freaking love my DS3510. Bare bones but a workhorse, exactly what I wanted. Do get the remotes, wish I had but will be adding them soon.

On a side note, I grew up not far from Harleysville, in Perkiomenville. Used to do a ton of mowing in harleysville in summers during college!

No ****! That's awesome that you grew up around here. I grew up less than a mile from Spring Mt. Funny thing is, I never appreciated how nice this area was until I lived in Delaware County and worked in the city. After dealing with the hectic life down there, my wife and I decided to move back and bought a piece of property off of Ridge Rd. We're waaaayy back in the woods. I've heard good things from someone who lived in Vt! Good luck up there!

The bare bones aspect is what really attracted me to the DS. Frills are nice, but not the ones I have to pay extra for ;). The DS3510 was sitting next to a DS4110, which seemed far too large for what I needed. There's no way I would be able to traverse through the woods with that thing. Spent plenty of time in the seat and it didn't feel as cramped as I thought, thought the clutch was a bit stiffer than I hoped. The DS4110 clutch took far less effort. Guaranteed, the first injury I get will be a bruised ankle from the diff lock pedal. That will take some getting used to.

Got the tractor, loader and filled tires delivered to our property for 14,679.94. Just wrote the check today, should have it for next Friday, which can't come soon enough!

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #8  
No ****! That's awesome that you grew up around here. I grew up less than a mile from Spring Mt. Funny thing is, I never appreciated how nice this area was until I lived in Delaware County and worked in the city. After dealing with the hectic life down there, my wife and I decided to move back and bought a piece of property off of Ridge Rd. We're waaaayy back in the woods. I've heard good things from someone who lived in Vt! Good luck up there!

The bare bones aspect is what really attracted me to the DS. Frills are nice, but not the ones I have to pay extra for ;). The DS3510 was sitting next to a DS4110, which seemed far too large for what I needed. There's no way I would be able to traverse through the woods with that thing. Spent plenty of time in the seat and it didn't feel as cramped as I thought, thought the clutch was a bit stiffer than I hoped. The DS4110 clutch took far less effort. Guaranteed, the first injury I get will be a bruised ankle from the diff lock pedal. That will take some getting used to.

Got the tractor, loader and filled tires delivered to our property for 14,679.94. Just wrote the check today, should have it for next Friday, which can't come soon enough!
Congrats, you will love it I know I do, they are very nimble dodging in an out of the woods and tight areas is a breeze. Good that you got a loader is it 4 in1 or just the loader. If is just the loader you can just get fork attachments for logs. I'm getting the clamp on ones soon just for the awkward stuff that the bucket won't fit. Cannot say that the diff lock has been an issue, I only wish that he park brake was in a better spot but it's not a big deal. Make sure you post pics when he arrives!

Congrats, you will love it I know I do, they are very nimble dodging in an out of the woods and tight areas is a breeze. Good that you got a loader is it 4 in1 or just the loader. If is just the loader you can just get fork attachments for logs. I'm getting the clamp on ones soon just for the awkward stuff that the bucket won't fit. Cannot say that the diff lock has been an issue, I only wish that he park brake was in a better spot but it's not a big deal. Make sure you post pics when he arrives!

Thanks Jason. BTW, one of the first things this tractor will do is drag some 24" white oak logs. I'll section them in varying lengths until I find what this 3pt will handle. I did not opt for the 4 in 1, just the loader and bucket. I may look for a set of pallet forks down the road to handle extracting the logs for cutting and splitting. Should make life much easier than the bucket.

/ Seriously considering a DS3510 #10  
Thanks Jason. BTW, one of the first things this tractor will do is drag some 24" white oak logs. I'll section them in varying lengths until I find what this 3pt will handle. I did not opt for the 4 in 1, just the loader and bucket. I may look for a set of pallet forks down the road to handle extracting the logs for cutting and splitting. Should make life much easier than the bucket.
Don't forget to post some pictures when you get it!