My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,101  
For my own clarity in understanding, did you come to a stop, lift the loader, then pop out of gear?

Not certain of the sequence, but I think I had just pushed the snow into a pile with the loader, raised the bucket slightly to back up, then stopped. Then when I tried to move forward I couldn't. Don't know if the lever moved forward but I definitely seemed to be in neutral. That's when I tried the experiment of simply raising and lowering the FEL. That alone got me going again.

Since I can't replicate the condition on demand I'll have to wait and try to be more observant next time.

/ My NX6010 #1,102  
I use white lithium grease from a spray can but I need to dig it out of a box and the garage is cold. Very cold.

I did toss the battery disconnect. It wasn't worth it.

If it is in an aerosol can, you probably couldn't get any out of the can due to low pressure from the low temp.

/ My NX6010
#1,103  
Not certain of the sequence, but I think I had just pushed the snow into a pile with the loader, raised the bucket slightly to back up, then stopped. Then when I tried to move forward I couldn't. Don't know if the lever moved forward but I definitely seemed to be in neutral. That's when I tried the experiment of simply raising and lowering the FEL. That alone got me going again.

Since I can't replicate the condition on demand I'll have to wait and try to be more observant next time.

ThreePoint,

The next time it happens, if you can note the following so that Kioti and our dealers can develop their understanding of the issue.

1) The type of hydro/transfluid used.
2) The ambient air temperature.
3) How warm (best guess) the hydro fluid was at the time (best guess: cold, warm, hot).
4) The gear in at the time and the direction the shift lever moved.
5) Intended direction of travel either forward or backward.
6) The load put on the gear at the time it popped and if you think it happened at a transition of load where perhaps the load on the transmission was momentarily slack.
7) And before any of this, confirmation that the shift level appeared to be adjust correctly so that the lever can index into every gear without hitting or coming close to hitting the plastic cover that covers the shift lever.
8) The type of task that was being done leading up to popping the gear out.

Also, are you having a problems getting the transmission into gear? Excessive issues even while tapping the forward and rearward HST pedals suggest a worn or bent shift fork.

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #1,104  
X faxman - wasn't sure (box didnt say) so took the locking one off (no hissing when i removed it) and compared it with the Kioti one. Both have centers that have 'holes' which didn't mean anything other than possibly vented so cleaned them off and blew in them. Neither would allow blowing out. Then put lip vacuum on the Kioti and could pull air in..so the locking one I repeated the process and could also pull air in equally well. I figure I will use it and check it after a short period to make sure it isn't causing a vacuum on the tank. Unless I'm missing something?

/ My NX6010 #1,105  
X faxman - wasn't sure (box didnt say) so took the locking one off (no hissing when i removed it) and compared it with the Kioti one. Both have centers that have 'holes' which didn't mean anything other than possibly vented so cleaned them off and blew in them. Neither would allow blowing out. Then put lip vacuum on the Kioti and could pull air in..so the locking one I repeated the process and could also pull air in equally well. I figure I will use it and check it after a short period to make sure it isn't causing a vacuum on the tank. Unless I'm missing something?

Sounds like they are the same and working correctly. :thumbsup:

/ My NX6010
#1,106  
In an attempt to try to puzzle out the popping into neutral issue, I ordered from Amazon a K-type, battery-operated, temperature meter with two sensors so I can monitor both the engine temp and the hydraulic temp. I intend to hose clamp the sensors down. Both sensors will only measure the outside temp of a housing and not the fluid itself. Even so, something is better than nothing.

/ My NX6010 #1,107  
In an attempt to try to puzzle out the popping into neutral issue, I ordered from Amazon a K-type, battery-operated, temperature meter with two sensors so I can monitor both the engine temp and the hydraulic temp. I intend to hose clamp the sensors down. Both sensors will only measure the outside temp of a housing and not the fluid itself. Even so, something is better than nothing.

Will be very interested in what you find. Glad you're taking this initiative!

The popping into neutral (forward from Mid range) has only happened to me on two different days in 170 hrs., both recently. Both days, I had been operating under load for hours, so was at full engine operating temp. Don't know about the hydraulic oil, but I've got to assume it was also at full temp.

Graded and used the loader for a couple more hours yesterday, with no recurrence.

/ My NX6010 #1,108  
No popping out of gear problems for me yet, but I'm only up to 55 hours (20 of those in the last 2 months plowing snow). Also my AC will not come on below 0* - I've observed this multiple times. However, it will come on after running 10-15 minutes and the tractor is heated up.

/ My NX6010 #1,109  
Make sure to wrap them with insulating tape and they will be pretty accurate. . That's how hvac techs do it to measure superheat/subcool on the suction line.

/ My NX6010
#1,110