My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #201  
Thanks. As I was poking around, I found an epic thread started by ovrszd a couple of years ago that shows how he made both a belly skid plate and a brush guard for vulnerable areas on his Kubota. A few months ago in the same thread, TripleR posted some pics of a brush guard his brother made. Interesting ideas, and great fabrication work all around! http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/266010-m9540-belly-skid-plate-brush.html

That's the one:thumbsup:

/ My NX6010 #202  
I've been out of pocket a couple of days and see you've already found mine and the one by ozrszd. I've pretty much decided all we can do is eliminate a lot of the little things which certainly is worth it, but errant sticks etc. will sill occasionally find their way into somewhere they don't belong.

On our last big clearing job, we just rented a tracked skid steer with a cab for $1100 for a week and I figure we saved that on tractor flats and repairs.

/ My NX6010
I loaded up my tractor and chased back into town with it.

10624628_10203075228341133_5914096983124947240_n.j  pg

Now my neighbors can look at my trailer out on the street and my tractor parked on my driveway.

Since I've got 49.5 hours racked up, it is time to dump 15 gallons of hydro-trans fuel on the ground and replace the filter. Since I have nothing that can catch 15 gallons down low, I ordered a 15 gallon catch basin with a hand pump to pump the oil into a proper receptacle through Amazon from Northern.

Amazon.com: Roughneck Low-Profile Oil Drain Dolly with Pump - 15-Gallon Capacity: Automotive

31HcJtLOKdL.jpg

Earlier in the day before I hit the tree with my cab, I thought I was videoing outside, but I accidentally turned on my FaceTime Camera and videoed the inside of my cab while I cleared land. For those who want to know how loud it is on the inside while running the PTO.

Last edited:
   / My NX6010
Here is a field service issue that Kioti should address.

Also, does anybody happen to know the adapter to pressure check the radiator? I'm using anti-freeze, get wiffs of it when standing next to a hot engine, but cannot locate the source.

/ My NX6010 #205  
I'm using anti-freeze, get wiffs of it when standing next to a hot engine, but cannot locate the source.

Check the very ends of the radiator hose (mine was the upper) Look at the edges of the hose where you can see the fabric cords of the hose.. Look to see if tiny green drops ooze out of the cords. I had that happen on the original hose.. I was sent a new hose from the dealer (I agreed to put in on as I didn't think it was worth his time to send someone to put on an upper radiator hose). it did it too in a week or so.

Then when they came to replace the flaky cruise module I had them bring another one.. It has been many months now , maybe close to a year, and so far so good. But what is the chances that two rad hoses would have a leak on the interior of the hose lining?. Remember no exterior leaks thru the outer covering. Just a seep from the ends as the fluid travels thru the cordage of the hose. I examined both of the defective hoses extensively, and found nothing. What ever the defect is on the interior lining, I could not see it.

I of course never say any actual leaking fluid, all I had to go on was just a whiff of ethylene glycol, and I just tracked it down by smell and noticed a small loss of fluid level over great periods of time.

/ My NX6010 #206  
You're wrong: you'd get the best maintained vehicle you'd ever own along with full workshop manuals, a .mil style service and repair log ('cause I forget). Anyway, this is still way less money than racing motorcycles and cars!

Just giving you a hard time bud. :)

/ My NX6010
Sounds like Kioti isn't really set up to rapidly ship a cab top or, as I'm told by my dealer, front cab windows (anything that takes a big box). I ordered the parts I need on Friday, my dealer called in the order on Friday and my dealer is still waiting for confirmation from Kioti. Neither my dealer or I even know what the price will be yet and it sounds like the only way the part will ship is via truck straight to my dealer, rather than the option to drop-ship to my address.

An issue I've run into with Kioti, and one that I had not really anticipated, is the nickel and diming in parts procurement. Kioti has a minimum parts order of $30 or $40 bucks and keeps nailing me through my dealer with high shipping costs. The high shipping costs are off-setting the reasonable buy-in of the equipment itself.

In other news, I discovered the left side inner tie rod boot has been ripped. I ordered a replacement boot, cleaned up what I had, inserted grease and wrapped it up with electrical tape. After inspecting the stock guard which only protects the top, I've decided to add additional material to fully wrap around the bottom of the steering rack and protect the soft, rubber boots on both sides. FWIW, Massey was the only OEM to thoughtfully have the entire steering rack and tie rod ends behind their front axle to protect them.

I also ordered sheet stock today so I quickly make a fuel line guard out of flat 18GA sheet stock.

/ My NX6010
Should've gone with the Massey!

(Lol jk)

OT: how do you like your Rhino blades? Tell me more. Next year I must make roads. Road making, I'm thinking I need to get a hydro tilt ram for my side link and I'm thinking about a CAT2 78" Everything Attachments box blade. Sections of road are below the grade of the existing terrain and I need to reverse that so the road is higher than grade.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #210  
You're wrong: you'd get the best maintained vehicle you'd ever own along with full workshop manuals, a .mil style service and repair log ('cause I forget).

Maintenance can't correct wear and tear due to hard use. You've broken waaaay more stuff in under 50 hours than I did it 215 hours on my LS, and I thought I was using it pretty hard. :eek:

I certainly hope you don't run into any additional damage, but it really looks like you're using a CUT for tasks normally reserved for much heavier equipment. That's exactly why I bought a dozer (which needs work) and am actively shopping for backhoes...don't want to break stuff every time I try to do something.