My NX6010

/ My NX6010
I realized that I forgot to fuse a hot line running straight from the battery all the way back and so I changed some of the routing and wired in a weatherpack fuse, mounting it dead center up high with the other fuses and relays in the engine compartment. I took the photo before zip-tying the wire down so it cannot vibrate, fatigue, and break.

10553391_10202607518168671_4909876294291746209_n.jpg

/ My NX6010
Building the weatherpack connectors that will run to the relays.

10473446_10202610016871137_3665943792132656040_n.jpg

/ My NX6010 #43  
Hey Eric,
Looks like a really nice setup you have. I'm curious how well the f150 tows that load?

Do you have any issues towing? What's your total weight? Do you have the ecoboost?

/ My NX6010
Hey Eric,
Looks like a really nice setup you have. I'm curious how well the f150 tows that load?

Do you have any issues towing? What's your total weight? Do you have the ecoboost?

I do have the EB. Good enough power, but I got 11 miles to the gallon lugging the tractor home The in 2012, Ford bumped up the size the brakes and mine is an 2011.

/ My NX6010 #45  
Yesterday I also made a short, "Kioti, what are you thinking?" video.

The 12v power port on my Kubota's were not on with the key off. They are now. I maintain my batteries through the 12v power port.

You wiring work looks good.

/ My NX6010
The 12v power port on my Kubota's were not on with the key off. They are now. I maintain my batteries through the 12v power port.

You wiring work looks good.

Thanks, Roger.

Today I more-or-less finalized where and how to mount my relays. I left my video stuff in a wad so that I can move the monitor if I don't like its position and so I can replace my rearward camera (I ordered a camera without lines but it showed up with lines. The lesson is don't be like me: bench test before installing). I will need to make a new hole to get the solenoid power out of the cab. I'll likely drill that hole in the same access plate I have fused power from the battery coming into the cab that runs to the load side of the relays.

10524734_10202615478967686_1236111323672075018_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / My NX6010
This evening, with nothing doing, I thought I'd wire in a couple of Led flood lights by dropping the headliner and running wire. No can do: one cannot just drop the headliner, one must remove the cab's cap in order to get at the overhead light's wiring or replace a bulb in the overhead lights since the bulb's electrical connector is under the cap. I'm ordering more LED lights to replace everything at once.

/ My NX6010 #48  
Looks like you're making great progress, Eric. Keep the pics and narrative coming. They let me see what I'd be getting into if I had the courage to disassemble the cab of my new NX before I turned 25 hrs. :eek:

I'll be interested in what you finally decide on back-up monitor location. My monitor and camera won't arrive til next week (thanks again to 94Bullitt for the tip and links), so haven't thought much yet about where and how to mount. The NX series has a fairly sturdy polymer dashboard, with what looks like a pretty good mounting surface over the main instrument cluster. Might try the monitor there. Don't know if that would dampen or exacerbate vibration. Seems like it could go either way.

Interesting about not being able to drop the headliner. For the camera and monitor cabling, I was thinking I could run it under the trim down the door post, then under the heavy rubber floor mat. The mat has deep channels molded into the underside that look like they'd make good races for cabling and still protect it.

I'm curious about the back-up lines in the camera. If the camera comes with directions, perhaps it will say how they are to be used. The idea doesn't bother me, in fact they seem like they'd add known reference points that will be useful when backing up. I guess they could be a distraction when using the camera only for monitoring 3pt implements when driving forward.

/ My NX6010
Looks like you're making great progress, Eric. Keep the pics and narrative coming. They let me see what I'd be getting into if I had the courage to disassemble the cab of my new NX before I turned 25 hrs. :eek:

I'll be interested in what you finally decide on back-up monitor location. My monitor and camera won't arrive til next week (thanks again to 94Bullitt for the tip and links), so haven't thought much yet about where and how to mount. The NX series has a fairly sturdy polymer dashboard, with what looks like a pretty good mounting surface over the main instrument cluster. Might try the monitor there. Don't know if that would dampen or exacerbate vibration. Seems like it could go either way.

Interesting about not being able to drop the headliner. For the camera and monitor cabling, I was thinking I could run it under the trim down the door post, then under the heavy rubber floor mat. The mat has deep channels molded into the underside that look like they'd make good races for cabling and still protect it.

I'm curious about the back-up lines in the camera. If the camera comes with directions, perhaps it will say how they are to be used. The idea doesn't bother me, in fact they seem like they'd add known reference points that will be useful when backing up. I guess they could be a distraction when using the camera only for monitoring 3pt implements when driving forward.

I think the tractor has 7.5 hours on it. Months ago, when I made the original demo movie, it had 5.2 hours. At this point I'm getting pushback from fellow family members about leaving town and going to the lake rather than sitting around waiting for parts to come in.

I think the best place for a rearward-facing external camera is right under the rearward cap, mounted in the black plastic. The wires sneak in through the top of the rear window, up under the headliner, and then down (in my case) the right rear C pillar in the back. Get power by using an add-a-fuse in the CD/Radio 10 amp socket in the fuse box on the lefthand side and ground anywhere you wish. If you have the interior out, it is easy to run the wires up under the floor to the dash or mount as I have on the sidebar. I don't know if I'll wind of keeping the monitor on the side since I don't have my seat in and have never tried looking at it from an operating perspective.

The little 600 TV line camera I got is more fiddly in the sense that it can only be mounted inside and must look through a window.

Tonight I am adding more wiring for the second camera as well as some of the wires for a gag Bigfoot light switch for flipping on a pair of cheap, china 18W LED side lights. I've ordered in 4 36W Chinese LED lights to replace the four stock lights. The side lights I plan to mount off of a pair of heavy bracket on the rear corners. I need to chase off to the store to get some L stock to cut up and make fit to hold the lights. Anyway, as soon as all the lights come in and it doesn't look like rain, I'm pulling the cab's cap to get the lights mounted and wired in.

Unless my hydraulic bits show up. Still waiting. Was told the Postmaster sent the box back because there was a hydraulic oil stain on the side and the company is reshipping. Sigh.

Additionally, I'm still waiting to get this thing back together enough to where I can fire it up and take some electrical measurements so I can make my black box to control the engine acceleration from a joystick button. Had I known that I'd be waiting nearly three weeks in after pulling the hydro-hose, I'd have taken the time with my multi-meter to measure everything first so I could busy myself making something very cool.

Edited to add photos:

When your neighbors say they've seen Bigfoot, and your sister too, it is time to get Bigfoot lights.

10525659_10202645420636209_5583697908200664245_n.jpg

Key on: Sasquatch Lights is lighted; switch on Sasquatch Light and Bigfoot are lighted.

10569081_10202645426636359_5438138925242668056_n.jpg

Best spot for rear camera on the NX series cab.

10574327_10202645436556607_4916497459890721908_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #50  
Thanks for the installation tips, Eric. I spoke too soon about my monitor and camera arriving next week. They came this afternoon, just three days after I ordered them. :dance1: I'll test them tomorrow. Turns out the included mounting bracket for the monitor will fit perfectly on the raised, flat area of the dash above the main instrument cluster on the NX. Its base is powder-finished sheet metal, so a slight bend adjustment will conform it perfectly to the curve in the dash. I'll attach it with four small sheet metal screws rather than the included double-sided foam tape, in case I need to remove it, and sandwich some 1/8" neoprene craft foam in between to dampen vibration. I expect I'll need to pull the dash to do a clean install. Hmm, now I'm thinking I should have gone ahead and ordered and NX-series service manual before now.

I agree with your suggestion for the rear-facing camera mount, under the trailing lip of the cab roof. Good location, as it will be somewhat protected from rain, snow and direct sun.

Last edited: