My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I needed to shoot some photos for a project I'm working on and take some measurements and so I chased over to the Kioti dealer where my tractor is.

I took some photos.

10428034_10202429043346912_5320572374443047165_n.jpg

The air filter system comes straight from Minnesota to Kioti. For all I know, my sister designed and set up the assembly line.

10502250_10202428985625469_78406861426102015_n.jpg

The interior is all torn out right now to plumb the three remotes. The first two spool valves are not indexed and the third and final spool valve remote will have a detent incase I need to run something that takes continuous flow.

10409486_10202429061707371_2534756101184173259_n.jpg

/ My NX6010
One weird thing I've noticed on the specs of the NX6010s is that the open station tractor, which uses the same engine as a cab-on version is rated at 60 hp but only 43 PTO hp, whereas the cab on version is rated at 48 PTO hp.

At first I thought it was a mis-print but i see the same spec is on their sales literature as well as published on the Kioti web site.

/ My NX6010 #3  
Nice!

I can't recall...did you go with the factory radio, or are you doing your own?

/ My NX6010
I've purchased a JVC KDX310BT radio from Amazon At any-rate, I want a radio to work with my iPhone over bluetooth so I can stream my toe-tappers and be able to tune in my two crazy local Indian variety stations and the oldies station broadcasting out of Park Rapids, MN (89.9 KKWE, 90.5 and 97.5FM respectively if you're in Hubbard or Cass Counties).

I don't know how good the stock speakers are and so I'll try them out first before making a judgment about them.

/ My NX6010
Called the dealer and talked to the tech. From the sounds of it he is waiting for Fastenall to ship some extra long bolts that will be used to both together the three spool valves that will run the rear remotes. At this point I don't know if it would have been easier to buy three-spool series valve body and use Kioti's cable actuators or to fiddle around with Kioti's individual 1 and 2 spools to add a third spool valve for a third set of remotes.

The takeaway is that it sounds like on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, I'll be able to finally pick up my new tractor, bring it home, and begin bolting on junk.

/ My NX6010 #7  
[snip]
The takeaway is that it sounds like on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, I'll be able to finally pick up my new tractor, bring it home, and begin bolting on junk.

And you'll have the July 4th weekend to play with it. :drink:

/ My NX6010
And you'll have the July 4th weekend to play with it. :drink:

If only! Sadly, I won't have the 4th to play with it because the tractor will be sitting around on my driveway giving my neighbors something else to look at while waiting for parts, puzzle-it-out-time, and install-time before I haul it 200 miles north. Over the 4th, I'll be tractorless at the Nevis Pig Races with the Most Interesting Man Alive, one of the many things our little municipality does to make Nevis the center of north woods entertainment for many summer vacationers.

Tractorwise, I need to determine the thread pitch and fitting type so I can get a line made, and buy the adaptors I need to get a DO5 series sub plate and three position spring centered open center solenoid valve installed. I asked about the thread pitch on the Kioti operating forum, but people thought I was trolling. I need to tap into the power beyond line in series to get a third function working. Nevertheless, until I have the tractor, I don't know where I will mount the valve body or how to route hoses. I also need to either fab up or have made hard lines for the same project on the loader with quick disconnects in case I drop the loader off the tractor.

While I'm at it, I plan on trying to set up a ECU controlled engine accelerator as well on the joystick on a trigger switch but I need to tractor so I can back probe reference voltages before I breadboard the circuit I need to get the ECU to accelerate the engine on a trigger switch. I've poured over service manual, control systems and wiring diagrams, and mapped out what I could learn from them, but Kioti doesn't offer information on "hacking" their engine control systems. It be nice if the dealer would let me use their scan software, but I think they'd be freaked out that I'd still be back probing everything and charting frequencies and reference voltages to then duplicate with a breadboard that works on the push on one single momentary button. Toward that end, I plan to sacrifice a Cat Wheel loader joystick for the joystick handle.

10441935_10202396139244330_2126524671654687863_n.j  pg

I've also got to pop in the FM radio, 2-way radio, add some 12v power points, a video monitor, two cameras and extra LED spot lights.

I needed this thing on my new development six weeks ago and so I'm super behind where I thought I'd be on clearing.

/ My NX6010 #9  
Looks like you might need to cut the grass.