Price Check Kioti Cabs Pricing

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #1  

pinkfl1

Tractor
n/a
Hey all, first time caller. long time listener, love the forum.

To be brief,
Requirements: must have a cab & hydro tranny.
Jobs: mow (brush hog) ~120 acres, move some dirt and locust trees, and grade/level a couple acres. Would like to pull a 8-10' medium to heavy brush hog. Most likely need/want 3rd option for a grapple.

Kioti Tractors:

DK45SE HST Cab w/ loader: $30,000
DK50SE HST Cab w/ loader: $32,500, $33,000
DK55SE Shuttle Cab w/ loader: $33,695

Those are cash quotes w/o tax. Threw in the 55 b/c I know I could the HP, but not an option unfortunately. Seems like a good price compared to others though.

Dealer also offered the new NX510 or 5010? for $33,500 but declined out of Tier4 concerns.

This is my first tractor ever! I'm not sure how big a brush cutter I can safely and effectively pull with 45-50HP tractor, but the bigger the better for 120 acres, right? Mostly pasture, but some areas with thicker woody weeds and a 40 acre hillside with a 15-20% slope. Any input on purchase prices or mowing situation appreciated. Thanks guys.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #2  
Just went through that analysis this Spring, but with somewhat less demanding needs than yours. Those prices look a bit high to me for the DK models. Kioti has extended their "free loader" promotion on the DK/DKSE series through Sept. 2014, but it doesn't look like that's translated very much to your quotes. Maybe uncertainty over Tier 4 and the diminishing availability of the DKs is resulting in a dealer premium on the available Tier 3s that's partially offsetting the discount.

FWIW, I know you've ruled out Tier 4, but your quote for the NX5010 looks quite good relative to the DK5010. I'm assuming the NX is HST/Cab with loader. When I was pricing out both of those tractors from several Eastern dealers in March, the NX was initially quoted at around $2200 to $2800 more, before tax, than for the corresponding DK. That was after adding two remote hydraulic valves, which are optional on the NX series. I was able to do better after negotiation, so you may, too, on whatever model you decide on.

Size wise, I think I'd opt for 50 hp over 45 hp for the application you describe. That's a big rotary cutter you're planning to use, so the increase in hp at PTO would be put to good use. Good luck with your decision.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #3  
The NX series has some hidden costs as you'll pay for the first 2 rear remote spool valves that come on the DX series. That said, with a loader and the base tractor, I paid $33,900 for a NX6010 with the advertised price at $35,900. The dealer could lower his price because I also ordered every option and three spool valve to run rear remotes. Tier 4 doesn't bother me whatsoever. A quieter, cleaner engine that burns 20% less fuel more than off-sets the small cost for a particulate filter, a filter that won't need to be replaced for an expected 3,000 hours and can be winged into a sonic cleaning bath anyway.

Know any private parties who have kept them around long enough to put on 3,000 hours on their compact utility tractors? Just a thought.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #4  
I purchased the bobcat version of the 45SE recently for a few thousand less than your quote. Included the loader and 2 sets of remotes. I still don't think I got a great deal compared to some of the things I have seen on here.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #5  
I pull a 10ft bush hog 3210 with my NH TN 55 (55hp engine GWT 7500) and barely have enough power and use all of the weight. I am looking for a 7ft for my DK45 to use for most mowing and have a smaller mower for the NH for heavy mowing.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #6  
The Kioti DK50SE HST has about 37 PTO HP. Using the 5 PTO HP per foot of cutter formula, you could technically run a 7' rotary cutter. (I run a 6' with mine.) The problem is that all 7' cutters that I know of are single spindle, which means that (1) it has an enormous blade carrier or stump jumper pan and huge blades, (2) are really heavy, and (3) are really long from front to back, which means you have a large fulcrum effect on the rear of the tractor trying to lift the front end. Go look at a medium duty 7' cutter and you will see what I mean.

I think I'd prefer an 8-foot one with dual spindles, which I believe would be easier to power (at least at start-up) and shorter from front to back. In fact, if I was just dragging one around a pasture, I'd rather have a pull-type than a 3-point hitch mounted one.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #7  
I don't believe you will run anything bigger than 6ft.with 45 HP.I just purchased a Landpride 6ft.for my 44 hp tractor and can bog it with 8ft.high grass.I was going to purchase a 7ft.and my dealer(and the price) talked me out of it and glad of it.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #8  
I run a woods 990 (7.5 Foot ) mower on my Kioti 45 HST. It works great as can cover a lot of ground fast when grass is thin or recently mowed. When grass is thick and waist high it works it very hard and mine is set about 8 inches high. If I had a cab with AC running it would be a very weak set up. I think you need to go 60 HP or up.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #9  
I would not recommend a 7' for the reasons above. Really a 6' is all that they should comfortably have.
I would look at a larger frame such as the RX 6010 or the new RX6620. They can handle a 7 or 8', but are not hydro.

/ Kioti Cabs Pricing #10  
The NX series has some hidden costs as you'll pay for the first 2 rear remote spool valves that come on the DX series. That said, with a loader and the base tractor, I paid $33,900 for a NX6010 with the advertised price at $35,900. The dealer could lower his price because I also ordered every option and three spool valve to run rear remotes. Tier 4 doesn't bother me whatsoever. A quieter, cleaner engine that burns 20% less fuel more than off-sets the small cost for a particulate filter, a filter that won't need to be replaced for an expected 3,000 hours and can be winged into a sonic cleaning bath anyway.

Know any private parties who have kept them around long enough to put on 3,000 hours on their compact utility tractors? Just a thought.

I've put 3500 honest hours on my Ford/Shibaura 1720 SSS/5108 loader since 1997. So divide the replacement cost of a particulate filter over 17 years in my case to see if its an acceptable cost to you. Some owners will state that a single penny of costs above just oil, filters, batteries, and fuel is unwarranted and will tell everyone on the web its junk. I believe their seriousness in their own convictions. I've seen their dilapidated equipment with my own eyes.

I prefer to maintain my equipment preventatively and simply avoided Tier 4 during 2010-2012 when I was in the market because of unknown long term emissions maintenance costs. Now that the costs are known, I'm happy with what I have for 10-20 years but I probably won't cry about the next one having a plugged up exhaust. If there is a market for it, someone will develop a delete kit.