So tell me me why I should consider a 2510

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #1  

SacandagaBrad

Gold Member
Tractor
TC24D
Hi, visiting over here from the NH room and not feeling the love right now. Had a TC-24D for going on 11 years and had its first real problem a few weeks ago with a hydro leak that the dealer can't seem to fix, running tally hitting into the $2500 range so far and been without a mower for 3 weeks. Bought it new, at 960 hours, take good care of it.

The dealer has always been good to me, and a well established and respected one at that. They recently took on Kioti as well. I'm considering possibly trading for either another NH or the Kioti 2510. I know I'm just visiting, and please don't take this the wrong way, but the Kiotis seem to be a little rougher and less sophisticated at first glance. They also have quite a few things that appeal to me, like extra weight. The FEL is narrower, not a huge deal. The biggest issue, and I'm told will be resolved soon, is no mid mount mower! I pull a 600 lb roller when I mow, so mid mount is pretty important to me.

Any experience out there with the 2510? Like it? Pros? Cons? I know I'm in the Kioti room and expect a little bias, that's fine. I'm also experienced with tractors and open to suggestions/opinions.

Thanks! Brad

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #2  
I was told that the 2510 was going to have a mid mount mower available soon. I test drove one and was very impressed with the smooth HST and the speed of the hydraulics. I am not too familiar with the NH model you are looking out so if I was you I would spec them out side by side. Happy shopping.

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #3  
After mowing with a mid mount and then recently switching to a 3 point mounted finish mower I doubt I will ever buy an other mid mount again.

I am curious about what you feel is more refined with the Nh line? When I was looking recently it seemed that none of the NH offerings really appealed to me. The LS machines felt better for some reason and they make the NH tractors but in the end when running the machines the overall package that Kioti has to offer was the best choice for me.

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #4  
I looked at LS, no position control for 3 point! rubber boots on steering rods will be torn to shreds bush hogging.stabilizer turnbuckle on hitch will bend! Kioti uses chain & turnbuckle.I like the loader joy stick position on Kioti.

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510
After mowing with a mid mount and then recently switching to a 3 point mounted finish mower I doubt I will ever buy an other mid mount again.

I am curious about what you feel is more refined with the Nh line? When I was looking recently it seemed that none of the NH offerings really appealed to me. The LS machines felt better for some reason and they make the NH tractors but in the end when running the machines the overall package that Kioti has to offer was the best choice for me.

Fair question. Nothing deal-breaking, minor fit and finish type stuff. Things that would be a concern with a fine target pistol or sports car, but I really shouldn't get hung up on over a tractor. I just noticed the castings were rough, things like the external fuel tank and manual fuel shut-off seem a bit primitive, and as mentioned above, the steering system seems a bit vulnerable to the elements. But then I get thinking about my NH, the tank is concealed under the hood and plastic - and the mice have set up shop on top of it and chewed return lines and the molded nipples that they connect to, advantage Kioti. My NH fuel shut-off is electronically controlled through the ignition switch (I think), something else to go wrong when the mice find that wire. Advantage Kioti. I have to admit, Kioti has thought through the maintenance things and placed filters in much easier places to access than my NH.

Still not thrilled with FEL. Tiny bucket compared to mine, and I really am not sure about the new mounting design. My NH and most of the Kiotis I've looked at have basically a vertical box channel on the tractor-side of the frame system that the vertical loader arms fit and get pinned, been a solid system. The new CK2510 has its own loader design with single vertical plates (granted they are about half an inch thick!) and a heavy sleeve welded through to accept the mounting pin. I'm sure it is fine, just doesn't look as strong.

Side by side comparison, the Kioti "out-specs" the new NH in almost every way. More engine displacement, more weight, more hydro pump capacity, higher lift with FEL, etc. Nothing earth shattering, but consistently a little more on most comparisons. I do like the seat as well. I can wait for the mid mower, I really like that setup so that I can also pull my roller while mowing.

Bottom line is I really don't want to buy another tractor right now, my NH has been a great machine up to this point. It is only a hydro leak, unfortunately it is one that thus far has involved 24 hours of labor and $500 worth of parts and supplies, and still leaking the same as it was. And this is at a NH dealer! I may be forced to cut my losses at this point and move on with trading for something new.

Thanks for your input! Oh, what is a "LS" machine? I've been looking at the CK line.

Fair question. Nothing deal-breaking, minor fit and finish type stuff. Things that would be a concern with a fine target pistol or sports car, but I really shouldn't get hung up on over a tractor. I just noticed the castings were rough, things like the external fuel tank and manual fuel shut-off seem a bit primitive, and as mentioned above, the steering system seems a bit vulnerable to the elements. But then I get thinking about my NH, the tank is concealed under the hood and plastic - and the mice have set up shop on top of it and chewed return lines and the molded nipples that they connect to, advantage Kioti. My NH fuel shut-off is electronically controlled through the ignition switch (I think), something else to go wrong when the mice find that wire. Advantage Kioti. I have to admit, Kioti has thought through the maintenance things and placed filters in much easier places to access than my NH.

Still not thrilled with FEL. Tiny bucket compared to mine, and I really am not sure about the new mounting design. My NH and most of the Kiotis I've looked at have basically a vertical box channel on the tractor-side of the frame system that the vertical loader arms fit and get pinned, been a solid system. The new CK2510 has its own loader design with single vertical plates (granted they are about half an inch thick!) and a heavy sleeve welded through to accept the mounting pin. I'm sure it is fine, just doesn't look as strong.

Side by side comparison, the Kioti "out-specs" the new NH in almost every way. More engine displacement, more weight, more hydro pump capacity, higher lift with FEL, etc. Nothing earth shattering, but consistently a little more on most comparisons. I do like the seat as well. I can wait for the mid mower, I really like that setup so that I can also pull my roller while mowing.

Bottom line is I really don't want to buy another tractor right now, my NH has been a great machine up to this point. It is only a hydro leak, unfortunately it is one that thus far has involved 24 hours of labor and $500 worth of parts and supplies, and still leaking the same as it was. And this is at a NH dealer! I may be forced to cut my losses at this point and move on with trading for something new.

Thanks for your input! Oh, what is a "LS" machine? I've been looking at the CK line.

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #7  
New Holland tractors are basically made by LS and rebadged. Compact Tractors « LS Tractor USA

If you considering a NH you owe it to yourself to look at the LS line You could probably save some money and get a few more options as standard with a bit more ability.

/ So tell me me why I should consider a 2510 #8  

Hi there! I've got the 3510 and been very happy. I'm at 80 hours and got it new in March.
As you see the Lifting sec on the loader is very good and I hav to say its conservative and does lift a fair bit more. The 3 point is a bit jerky under operating revs (lifting) however and I'd think that would be he only thing I would change. Not sure about the comment above regarding the position controll, myne has it and if you set it up right so it doesn't swing around i cannot see how it would be damaged. I mostly do Slashing (bushogging), and logging and clearing work with the 4in1. I was also impressed with the quality of the steel used in the 4in1 bucket. These things are good strong honest reliable tractors. I did not choose on price ( within reason)as to me it needed to be fit for purpose and so far has exceeded my expectation. I looked at the Deere, Kab, Mah and drove them all But still returned to the Kioti. I'm not a badge man so didn't give two hoots about branding etc.

Last edited:
....and manual fuel shut-off seem a bit primitive, .

Well there's an embarrassing "ASSume" moment! That was the cruise control lever I was looking at. Anyway, I drove the 2510 around the yard yesterday, nice machine no doubt. Controls, especially FEL, has a different feel than my old NH. The whole machine has a different feel, not in a bad way, just different. Then again, I've been on mine going on 11 years, you get a comfort level with something.

It has position control on the 3 pt, and turn buckle links for stability.

My hope is to keep the repair costs down on mine sufficient to keep what I have. I really don't want to get back into a tractor payment. My plan is to put this home state of mine in the rear view mirror in a few years and not need all the features of a compact tractor. But if I do have to buy one, it will be either a Kioti or NH only because that is what my dealer sells and I need to leverage the labor costs he already has in it toward a trade.