NX5510 or...no choice!

/ NX5510 or...no choice! #1  

XMS

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320
So getting anything DKSE with a cab is not possible in my area. Or it appears, nationwide. I am scheduled to take my boy (3 years old) to a Kioti dealership soon, about 100 miles distant. He is an easy sell: if it's a tractor, he says, "I need that."

I love that boy.

So I turn to you - the more hardened people who study these things. Who have experience with them. Who know the ins and outs.

Is the NX a decent machine? Can I expect it to start, every fracking time for the next decade?

My current tractor (Deutz Allis 5230) is 25 years old. The engine starts every darn time. The only issues are when a battery dies or some wire gets chewed by a rodent, but I can fix those myself.

EDIT: I got a quote for a new NX5510 with cab and loader at $34,310. The front remote was an extra $750 and the rear spools would be an extra $300 each. I want a grapple on the front and options on the back. Forget mid-deck.

I need more power to lift bigger things. And I really want a cab. But not willing to trade a cab for junk. Opinions welcome and appreciated. I have no religion on brands. My brother has a Kioti (Bobcat) and they seem the best price/value right now. Also, I posted a previous post on my specific needs at Yet Another Guy....

Honestly, Kioti is the top of my list right now but I can be talked out of it. I have zero religion on this.

/ NX5510 or...no choice! #3  
Just crossed the NX5510/6010 cab with hydro off my list last week, and ended up ordering a LS XU5065 with cab, power shuttle, loader & backhoe.

Pros of the Kioti were very nice interior, lowest pricing for apples-to-apples features, hydro transmission available with a standard category 2 hitch (very rare find limited to NX5510/6010 near that I can tell industry-wide), extra electronic features compared to some competitors, and very stout weight, loader and 3PH capacities. If I couldn't compromise on hydro, would own the NX6010 cab hydro with FEL quoted at $34.1k + tax, out of state shipping, and hydraulic remotes. A backhoe option is rumored but not currently available, and that was a factor too.

I like the NX a lot, but ended up liking the RX-series better, which does come standard with one rear remote, much higher capacities, bigger cab, and a higher HP 4 cyl engine for similar money from that out-of-state dealer. No Kioti BH or hydro transmission options are available. Once I gave up the hydro, LS had the better "deal" with lower pricing that included 2 standard rear remotes + rear wiper and radio for the cab, R4 tires for no extra cost, 5 year warranty (vs 4 on Kioti), great local dealer (my local Kioti dealers are farther away and not as easy to work with), tier 4 engine with no DPF, and the aforementioned backhoe option. Depending on what you and your son need, suggest LS may be worth a look too.

BOTTOM LINE: Would have been happy with either of these 3 tractors, and personally think LS and Kioti are two of the best values on the market today at the prices you and and I have been quoted. Spend some time with both, and you'll find your "fit."

/ NX5510 or...no choice! #4  
Just crossed the NX5510/6010 cab with hydro off my list last week, and ended up ordering a LS XU5065 with cab, power shuttle, loader & backhoe.

Pros of the Kioti were very nice interior, lowest pricing for apples-to-apples features, hydro transmission available with a standard category 2 hitch (very rare find limited to NX5510/6010 near that I can tell industry-wide), extra electronic features compared to some competitors, and very stout weight, loader and 3PH capacities. If I couldn't compromise on hydro, would own the NX6010 cab hydro with FEL quoted at $34.1k + tax, out of state shipping, and hydraulic remotes. A backhoe option is rumored but not currently available, and that was a factor too.

I like the NX a lot, but ended up liking the RX-series better, which does come standard with one rear remote, much higher capacities, bigger cab, and a higher HP 4 cyl engine for similar money from that out-of-state dealer. No Kioti BH or hydro transmission options are available. Once I gave up the hydro, LS had the better "deal" with lower pricing that included 2 standard rear remotes + rear wiper and radio for the cab, R4 tires for no extra cost, 5 year warranty (vs 4 on Kioti), great local dealer (my local Kioti dealers are farther away and not as easy to work with), tier 4 engine with no DPF, and the aforementioned backhoe option. Depending on what you and your son need, suggest LS may be worth a look too.

BOTTOM LINE: Would have been happy with either of these 3 tractors, and personally think LS and Kioti are two of the best values on the market today at the prices you and and I have been quoted. Spend some time with both, and you'll find your "fit."

The electronically controlled hydrostatic transmissions in Deere, Massey, Kubota, and Kioti up the cost over their gear counter-parts. 0

/ NX5510 or...no choice! #5  
Right after I sold my LS R4047, I shopped pretty much everything in the 50-60hp range a few months ago (all cab models) and finally settled on an NX5510, but didn't order one. I wanted HST so my wife could run it, and thought the overall combination that the NX offers was hard to beat. I think I've decided to get a backhoe instead, because I was planning on almost nothing but FEL work, and can use my Massey for all the mowing/brush hogging, etc that still needs to be done.

The best deal I got on a 5510 was $32,500, and adding the CD player, rear wiper, and two remotes was going to add another $1K to the price.

/ NX5510 or...no choice!
I haven't made it to the dealer yet. He wants $750 for the FEL third function, and $300 each for rear remotes. Didn't ask about the rear wiper or the radio.

He said he could put on a Kioti or Woods backhoe, but that the Kioti would be a much better price for about zero difference in capability. He couldn't quote either off hand, but told me at least $7-8K, which is more than my tractor would trade for. I am taking advice from this forum: keep the existing tractor for the BH and get a newer tractor/FEL for the 90% of my time on the heavier loader work.

My brother also told me about LS, and I will make a run to a dealer to check them out. Warranty is important to me.

I agree that right now LS and Kioti seem to be buying into the market, big time. The local MF, JD and "traditional" dealers all grumble about, "those Korean tractors." All agree: hard to beat.

/ NX5510 or...no choice! #8  
I see this is outdated, but I went to look at the LS 55hp cab model and the dealer also sold Kiotis. Said he did not want to sell me one due to poor dealer support, which was why he was dumping them. After driving the LS I climbed into the Kioti cab and everything was so much more upscale and to my liking I could not believe the difference. All cosmetics basically, as I did not get to drive it. I drove a Massey 55Hp Cab version and it had the best engine feel of any small tractor (deeres and Kubotas included) at least to me. But very pricey. I'd prefer the Kioti if it was priced aggressively like the LS and had a good dealer reference. I am sure they make good tractors, like all the Korean tractors these days. The dang LS HST just looked like a Hyundai low end economy version, compared to the 3K higher Kioti, but at $32.9K with a 6'shredder it should offer more I'd think.