CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #1  

SCWOOD

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800 Kioti CK2510H
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new CK20 HST or the CK2510 HST with fel only.I have not got a price from the dealer yet. I have read there is about $1000 difference between them.A $1000 is allot to me I am on a tight budget.The CK20 looks like it would suit my needs, saw video of a guy digging a pond with one.I plan to use it around the house for yard work put in food plots for deer. Will be using a 4ft bushhog.Any comments welcome. Thanks for any help!

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #2  
Either one will probably work for you. The guy that dug the pond is TSO, he is one of our members here. Send him a PM (private message) and see what he thinks. He doesn't have that tractor any more, and has graduated to much larger tractors, but I believe he enjoyed it.

The 2510 has a few more ponies, is slightly larger in almost ever dimension, has more pump flow..etc. But I believe either one would work for you.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST
I forgot to add my father- in law has a JD 790 4x4 that I can use if I need a larger tractor on occasion.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #4  
CK20 hst is a fine machine, I am not familiar with 2510 however, the one big drawback to the CK20 hst is the lack of a mid range transmission. It has low and hi range. It is sometimes a concern because hi is just good for road travel. I cannot get out of my driveway (10%) in hi range. If the 2510 had a mid range, I would be tempted to put in the extra grand for the extra HP and mid range. Other wise the CK 20 is a little brute for a modest size estate.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #5  
CK20 hst is a fine machine, I am not familiar with 2510 however, the one big drawback to the CK20 hst is the lack of a mid range transmission. It has low and hi range. It is sometimes a concern because hi is just good for road travel. I cannot get out of my driveway (10%) in hi range. If the 2510 had a mid range, I would be tempted to put in the extra grand for the extra HP and mid range. Other wise the CK 20 is a little brute for a modest size estate.

Unfortunately they did not see fit to put a 3 range on the 2510 either. I agree with you that would easily make it worth the extra money.. They just made the tractor a little larger with a few more ponies, but still the 2 speed hydro.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #6  
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new CK20 HST or the CK2510 HST with fel only.I have not got a price from the dealer yet. I have read there is about $1000 difference between them.A $1000 is allot to me I am on a tight budget.The CK20 looks like it would suit my needs, saw video of a guy digging a pond with one.I plan to use it around the house for yard work put in food plots for deer. Will be using a 4ft bushhog.Any comments welcome. Thanks for any help!

The 2510 has more PTO HP and more GPM on the pump. Also it uses the same engine as the CK27, just detuned. I chose the 2510 because $1000 over the life span isn't significant. And if you're gonna use PTO attachments/implements it's going to make a difference.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #7  
I think you would be happy with either machine, I have a CK 20s with HST and I love it. I was in at my dealer yesterday buying a 2465 backhoe attachment and while I was there I took a look at the 2510, it is really nice little rig. The dealer said that the biggest difference is the hydraulic pump, he said it is noticeably faster than the ck pump.he also said that he liked the loader design a bit better .
I would be really surprised if you couldn't get more than a thousand off of the price of a carry over ck20 compared to a 2510. With the new models sitting on the lot it will be much more difficult for the dealer to move the older models.

/ CK20 HST vs CK2510 HST #8  
Hopefully you call the dealer I referred you to. By the end of that conversation, I bet you are on a 25! :)