Looking at a DK45SE

/ Looking at a DK45SE #1  

markandkristi

Tractor
2014 Kioto DK45SE 1985 Deutz Allis 5230
Im in the market for a tractor with loader in the 40-50HP range and checked out Kioti. I liked what I saw and was quoted a price of $24,995. It is just the tractor and loader (does not have the HST). Im wanting to make a cash offer and am also interested in the pallet forks but not sure what kinda deals Kioti usually makes. I know I can get 2-2500 rebates at JD and Kubota. I like the Kioti the best but I like the Kubota MX4800. I was thinking of offering 22500 plus the forks but not sure if that is too low or what. Thanks for any pricing info.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #2  
Welcome, That price sounds about right, I believe my dk40 was 22,500 ish. Kioti builds a good tractor, I have had this one for a little over a year and it has done everything I have asked it to and more with zero issues.
I don't know how much wiggle room your dealer has but I know these tier 3 kioti's are on short supply, The tier 4's are already out and about. As for pallet forks check out titan distributors, They build quality attachments at really good prices with free shipping. Their 60 inch skid steer forks work real well on my dk40.

Good luck.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #3  
Haven't checked prices recently. 22500 sounds about right for the tractor assuming the first price was "list". 10% discount shouldn't be too hard to get so long as the dealer is realistic. Some small dealers don't discount much (which explains why they are small). A set of adjustable frame forks rated to 4000 or so pounds can be had for $500-600 alone so expect some discount as a package.

Make sure you don't want HST. Especially if you will be doing a lot of loader work.

/ Looking at a DK45SE
Yeah I just want the regular transmission. Im not a big fan of the fancier tranny in a tractor but then again I havent owned one either. The dealer told me about the tier 3 motors and all the Kubotas had the dpf. The pallet forks at the dealer ran I believe he said $850 and were 48" rated at 3000#. Figure Id just lay the cash down and say to throw the forks in and walk away if he starts squirming. The Kubota dealer is only about 5 miles from him and Id be happy with either but on paper the Kioti just feels better. When he mentioned price I just asked him what the tractor ran and thats when he said but never mentioned cash discounts or anything so I figure 10% plus the forks sounds fair to me. I may check out the Titan ones. Back to the transmission, why no HST for the loader if I may ask. Also they stated they would put whatever tires I wanted on it at no charge. Should I stick with industrial or go with the Ag tires. Kubota said they would do whatever tires and fill for free so Ill mention the filling to Kioti also. Thanks again.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #5  
That hst tranny whine would drive me nuts.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #6  
That hst tranny whine would drive me nuts.

The larger Kioti's have a very minimal HST whine. I cannot usually hear mine in the lower ranges.. Only have some in HI range when under load. It is not objectionable at all.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #7  
The larger Kioti's have a very minimal HST whine. I cannot usually hear mine in the lower ranges.. Only have some in HI range when under load. It is not objectionable at all.

I really can't hear any whine. Now my Ventrac has some Wine!!

/ Looking at a DK45SE #8  
I really can't hear any whine. Now my Ventrac has some Wine!!

The neighbor had a BX for a while, now that little fella has some whine.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #9  
My neighbor has a bobcat (ct225 or something) I'm about 700 feet of him. When he mows I barely hear the engine or mower, but the hst whine is quite loud and annoying.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #10  
Tire type, ballast amount and type as well as transmission type are all best discussed in the context of specific planned uses.

Plowing: Ags, lots of tire ballast and gear.
Mowing: R4 or turf, little or no ballast and either transmission.
Lots of loader work: R4, lots of tire ballast and HST
General mixed duty: R4, some ballast (mixed fluid, wheel weights plus just keeping something heavy and compact on the 3PT, tranny is personal here but IMO it is notable that very few HST owners wish they bought gear.