Buying Advice Kioti DK45?

/ Kioti DK45? #1  

whsnyderiii

Tractor
Kioti DK45C
New to the forum and new to tractors. Getting ready to start building my last home (yes, famous last words) on a piece of land we bought (70 acres) in Central VA.

I will be managing the land (thick woods for now), some crops (just self sustenance garden), etc.

I don't really want to buy a base model tractor and grow out of it in a couple years so I've been looking at the 40ish horsepower range.

There is what i think is a DK45 for sale for around 18K. Specifically it is a 45hp Kioti, with a KL1590FEL and a backhoe (not sure model number). With process of elimination (the owner wasn't complete sure, but seemed to confirm) this was a DK45. The tractor has around 1200 hrs on it and the owner says he just put about $1800 into a front end rebuild.

Not being a diesel mechanic, it doesnt seem like an exhorbitant number of hours and surprised it needed a rebuild.

Wondering what folks thoughts are regarding this purchase. Still waiting on a few answers from the owner, so some of my wholes could be filled in by the time anyone responds but i wanted to hear the pros and cons from the experts on here.

Thanks.

/ Kioti DK45? #3  
That price seems high to me. The DK45 SE (the last model before they were replaced by the NX4510) used the KL401 FEL, I've never heard of the KL1590, it must be older. I absolutely love mine, especially for how strong the FEL is so you'd have to compare the KL401 to the KL1590.

/ Kioti DK45? #4  
Do you have any pictures so we can see the condition.
Depending on condition the price sounds OK for a DK 45 with loader, cab and a backhoe

/ Kioti DK45?
The pics aren't great, but I think i will be getting a few more this evening.

Attachments

• 00F0F_3mxvvsuA5Eh_600x450.jpg
    00F0F_3mxvvsuA5Eh_600x450.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 978
  • 00C0C_hjNYjL7f89V_600x450.jpg
    00C0C_hjNYjL7f89V_600x450.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 313
   / Kioti DK45? #6  
The price seems high to me too, especially with a rebuilt front end. It must be an older tractor, cause that's not the newest loader. There is thread here on a guy replacing a bent FEL frame on an early pre-owned DK like this one. I know money is a concern, but I would look at higher HP, in the 50s, for 70 acres. That's some decent land and the last thing you need is too small a tractor with some ongoing problems (why did the front end have to be rebuilt?, it should last past 1200 hrs) Even if your handy, you're still wasting time. Don't jump at the cheapest option, you may regret it later.

/ Kioti DK45? #8  
The KL1590 fits a DK55 so I'm pretty sure this is a 55hp not a 45.