Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #11  
I didn't see Kubota mentioned there Old Hickory till your post.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #12  
Hi--Come on down--here is a Map to our 2 locations--The one on I-65 is the easiest to get to From Louisville--However--It is only 15 minutes East to the Canmer store and we have wider selection of used implements there--As far as I know we are in compliance with Kioti--ken Sweet

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #14  
I wonder why Art ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Kubota...The Original Orange Tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #15  
Looks like I better go back to the Kubota forum and "stir" the pot!! It looks like that is what we have here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #16  
Hi Steve,
I'm fairly new to the board but do own 2 Kioti's. One is a 2001 DK35 and the other is a 2003 DK45C. My original intetions on both tractors were to buy JD or Kubota. In both cases the Kioti was not only drastically cheaper but was also more comfortable and more fun (convenient and coordinated) to operate than the other brands for me. So far with a normal amount of use I have needed to do no adjustments or non-scheduled maintenance. Our dealer took on the Kioti line in 1998. I shopped small tractors hard before I finally bought my first Kioti. I have been to the dealership many, many times looking at different models as he received and delivered them. This summer I realized I have never, ever seen him working on a Kioti in his shop. When I asked him, he said he had made 3 or 4 adjustments in the last few years but he could not remember any more than that. There were also couple repairs required because of complete intelligence shutdown between the steering wheel and the seat. But, reguardless of your choice, it is tough to find a bad tractor in any brand these days. For my uses, the Kioti was by far the most for my money.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #17  
<font color="blue">Kubota...The Original Orange Tractor. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just borrowed this from a post made yesterday......

<font color="orange"> The Ace Hardware orange paint called "Allis Chambers" is a perfect match for the Grand L Kubotas. </font>

(Double) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #18  
Seems one would need a rather short memory to claim Kubota was the original orange? Of course, it could be that claim was made just for effect. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am not familiar with the Kiotis,but do they have the same basic features of the big 3)</font>

Yes, I felt they had more standard features than many
Standard features on my DK 35
syncronized shuttle transmission
power steering
4 wheel drive
foldable ROPS
tilt steering
differential lock
rear work light
mid PTO
Independant PTO
extendable lower link arms on 3 point
wet disc brake
draft control

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What kind of warranty do they have and how about parts availability? )</font>

DK series = 3 years
As far as parts, I find them no harder to get than for my John Deere 850. A call to the dealer and they are mailed to my doorstep.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability
Thanks - that's very useful information. I know what you mean about the comfort on the Kioti - For comparison I sat on a 4310 today and I found it felt a bit cramped in contrast to the DK40. The DK40 is simply a larger tractor for less money, that is the fact of it. I'm not going to compare quality since I don't have first hand experience from any brand. I especially found the backhoe user set up on the DK40 was hands down better (for me) than on the Deere - the Deere's backhoe was especially small in comparison. Of course I may be able to put the SMC 85 backhoe on the Deere as well. All in all the machines I've looked at have all had their strong points where one or the other is a bit better. For me at least this is a big decision and I will look and test a bit more. Right now, I still have to say the Kioti is a **** fine tractor for the money.