Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #1  

SteveH_CT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deere 4310
Hey All - I've been bitten. I tried out a DK40 today and I have to admit it was a lot of fun. Overall I think it seemed solid and well made. It's been sitting outside for a while and I noticed some bolts and edges rusting... is this considered normal for any brand? More importantly though is how dependable has yours been? I'm not a great wrench turner, the basics I can do, but anything too involved I'll have to send it back for work.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and experiences. I really appreciate all the input from this site.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #2  
Well Steve just go threw the forum and you won't find much being posted so that should tell you something!My DK35 has been rock solid,no regrets here.My brother has one also and no problems there either. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifThe only thing my dealer did was to steer me to a Woods FEL instead of the Kioti and have had no issues there.Just change your fluids and filters and you shoudn't have to worry about getting that wrench out.

Rick

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #3  
Well Steve, I think my Kioti dealer is like the Maytag repair man. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think I might have to call him just to harrass him!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability
Thanks to both of you - I've been searching the web and actually found another discussion board - I can't find anyone say a bad thing about their tractor.

Here is the exact setup I was tooling around on today

DK40 with SMC 85 Backhoe and a Kioti KL1470 FEL.It had a few other bells and whistles and "stickered" at $25535. The dealer is getting back to me with a discounted price - but in my mind I'd be getting a much heavier tractor than the more expensive models I've been looking at with deere and kubota. It's sure giving me something to think about. I just wish this dealer offered transportation since my truck isn't heavy enough to tow this thing. Thats a small detail though.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #5  
"Well Steve just go threw the forum and you won't find much being posted so that should tell you something"

Not knocking the Kiotis(I am sure they are good),but not much being mentioned about them also tells me not as many people own them either.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #6  
I would like to hear from some other Kioti dealers on the forum about dependability of the product--We have been selling them coming up on 3 years and have "0" warranty problems--I know they are a quality built tractor and I would like to think, that our service men, catch most minor tweaks and adjustments needed before going to the customer.
Over the 27 years we have been in this business, I can recall our warranty/service experiences in the first year in the field-Kioti 0 problems--Longagribusiness usually had 3-4 the first year and then setteled down--Zetor ran about 1-2 the first year and about the same for Century--The tractors from the Jinma factory in China were a holy terror for us, We sold 5 or 6 and almost had to live with them until the warranty ran out---Not trying to knock anybody--Just our experience--Of course, as a dealer that in close proximity to MF and Ford/New Holland and Deere dealers, We have horror stories from all the majors almost weekly--About 2 years ago We had a MF/NH tech person tell us that when they went in to work on Monday mornings the Warranty jobs were stacked up at the back door (that had came back for repairs over the weekend) a MF 383 with FEL that broke at the Bellhousing 3 times in 1 year, etc and he referred to the overall situation as "Job Security" for him---Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *1 Hr South of the National Farm Machinery Show"

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #7  
Like I say I am sure they are a good tractor,
But there is a lot more Kubotas/ Deeres/New Hollands/ out there. You do not hear much about the AGCO's, are they as trouble free as the Kioti?
I have looked at the AGCO's and they look like a good tractor.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #8  
Hi Ken, I have a LK 3054 and need several implements to do foodplot work on 148 acres of Butler Co. farm land. Have been looking at your website and trying to decide to make the drive from Evansville. I plan on attending the National Show in Louisville, will I see you there?

The only warranty work on my Kioti so far has been a broken seat back ( pan made to light ) and there was a short in the dash.

Have you been harrassed by Kioti Corp to pull the Kioti brand from your website? I understand there are 5 dealers butting heads with corporate.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #9  
<font color="blue"> But there is a lot more Kubotas/ Deeres/New Hollands/ out there </font>

The plain and simple number of dealers and combined # of years these companies have been cranking out tractors, Explains the "More Buzz" on forums such as this--As for Agco, There is a local dealer and Really not much going on in this area with that brand and I would not want to speculate on the quality--I agree they do look ok--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *Now 2 locations to serve our customers*

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #10  
So basically you feel that Kioti is a superior machine compared to New Holland/Kubota/John Deere ?

More for for your money in quanity and reliability ?
I am not familiar with the Kiotis,but do they have the same basic features of the big 3,are the fenders plastic or metal.What kind of warranty do they have and how about parts availability?