DK40SE and DK45SE HST

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #1  

kspring61

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST Ford 8N
Started looking for tractors and ended up at a local Kioti dealer today. They have a DK40SE and a DK45SE HST still on thier lot. The dealer was saying that was the last of the tier 3 tractors they had. Doing some research here tonight that seems to be a common theme that these are getting hard to find. The dealer quoted $25K 0% financing or $22K cash for the DK40 and $29K 0% finance or $25K cash for the DK45 HST.
Both come with a FEL. This doesn't seem like a bad price in looking at some threads here, my question is how much negotiation do you guys think I have on these 2 models? Never bought a new tractor before. Seems he gave me the list price on the 0% financing, then just knocked off the finance charge if I paid cash. Does the dealers usually have more room to move on these?

I was thinking of asking for a tooth bar for the bucket, how much do those typically cost?

Anything else I should think of before going back and dealing on one of these?

Thanks

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #2  
Started looking for tractors and ended up at a local Kioti dealer today. They have a DK40SE and a DK45SE HST still on thier lot. The dealer was saying that was the last of the tier 3 tractors they had. Doing some research here tonight that seems to be a common theme that these are getting hard to find. The dealer quoted $25K 0% financing or $22K cash for the DK40 and $29K 0% finance or $25K cash for the DK45 HST.
Both come with a FEL. This doesn't seem like a bad price in looking at some threads here, my question is how much negotiation do you guys think I have on these 2 models? Never bought a new tractor before. Seems he gave me the list price on the 0% financing, then just knocked off the finance charge if I paid cash. Does the dealers usually have more room to move on these?

I was thinking of asking for a tooth bar for the bucket, how much do those typically cost?

Anything else I should think of before going back and dealing on one of these?

Thanks

Yes Get both remotes, have them loosen the throttle lever so its not so darn tight and do the same for the filters too. Get a set of hooks welded to the bucket inline with the loader arms. Make sure the rear tires are at 16 psi with loaded tires.You can add pressure but is very hard to lower while loaded.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #3  
He's fair in his price. Since it's the last of the tier 3's, he's not going to "give" it away or give a bunch of extras. A second valve is @$400. A set of filters is @$250. I doubt he will throw all that if any. Maybe a set of hooks and loosen the throttle. He still has time in that.
So, bottom line, he is fair so be fair to him.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #4  
To my knowledge, Kioti still doesn't publish it's "list" prices, so it's hard to determine or confirm them on your own. From talking to trusted Kubota and Kioti salesmen and dealers early this year when I was shopping for a larger tractor, I gathered that a common practice in the mid-Atlantic and coastal Northeast is to quote between 12 to 15 percent lower than list for the base tractor and loader. That was on Kioti's new NX series and Kubota's new Lxx60 (Grand L) series, both final Tier 4. YMMV.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #5  
Started looking for tractors and ended up at a local Kioti dealer today. They have a DK40SE and a DK45SE HST still on thier lot. The dealer was saying that was the last of the tier 3 tractors they had. Doing some research here tonight that seems to be a common theme that these are getting hard to find. The dealer quoted $25K 0% financing or $22K cash for the DK40 and $29K 0% finance or $25K cash for the DK45 HST. Both come with a FEL. This doesn't seem like a bad price in looking at some threads here, my question is how much negotiation do you guys think I have on these 2 models? Never bought a new tractor before. Seems he gave me the list price on the 0% financing, then just knocked off the finance charge if I paid cash. Does the dealers usually have more room to move on these? I was thinking of asking for a tooth bar for the bucket, how much do those typically cost? Anything else I should think of before going back and dealing on one of these? Thanks

Pretty good price on the DK40. In line with the best price I found for a HST when I bought over a year ago. You won't be disappointed if you go with the DK40.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #6  
I paid 25k last year for my 45hst with loaded rears and a diverter for a grapple, so about right.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #7  
A month ago I bought a DK45SE HST with loader, block heater, loaded tires & delivered to me (50 miles) for 22600.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #8  
Sounds high to me, although as mentioned, the dealer may be charging more for the last of the very popular tier 3 DKs. Back in August I was quoted 24K finaced for a DK45 HST w/ FEL no extras. 29K sound really north, see if he'll negotiate. Great tractors though.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #9  
The price difference between the DK40 and DK45 is bigger than it should be, he's trying to move you toward the DK40. I wouldn't pay $3K more for a DK45. When I bought mine, it was the opposite, my dealer had a DK45 and DK50. The DK45 had been there a while and he wanted to unload it. I asked for a price on ordering a DK40 and all he said was more than the DK45 he had. The DK50 was much higher than he was willing to go on the DK45 (don't remember exactly how much). It's all about what they have in stock and what they're trying to move.

/ DK40SE and DK45SE HST #10  
The price difference between the DK40 and DK45 is bigger than it should be, he's trying to move you toward the DK40. I wouldn't pay $3K more for a DK45.
The DK 40 is gear and the 45 is Hst. That is why the $3K price differance

Last edited: