Ballast

/ Ballast #1  

farmboy238

Tractor
Kioti DK45se HST + JD 4066m
Anyone know how much antifreeze needs to go into the rear tires of the DK 45se hst, total volume on chart is 47 gal. I would like to get them protected down to about 0 deg. F. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Would like to know the MSRP for the KB 2485 backhoe?

/ Ballast #2  
You need to mix 35% anti-freeze to 65% water. Considering how much anti-freeze is, have you looked into Rim Guard?

My dealer poured in 1250 pounds of the stuff into all four of my Kioti's wheels for a reasonable price.

freezept.gif

/ Ballast #3  
You need to mix 35% anti-freeze to 65% water. Considering how much anti-freeze is, have you looked into Rim Guard? My dealer poured in 1250 pounds of the stuff into all four of my Kioti's wheels for a reasonable price.

I second the Rim Guard recommendation. I thought it was pretty reasonable, and sure makes a difference.

/ Ballast #5  
R-1 or R-4 tires? Rim Guard is your best option. You don't want to put anything corrosive in there. On an R-4's it takes 94 gal. which adds 1004 lbs..
The 2485 backhoe lists for @ $9,000.

/ Ballast
Checked all around this am my dealer doesn't even know what it is. The closest dealer that even has Rim Guard is 96 miles from me and I would have to take my tractor to him for them to put it in. That's just too much to do, I'm thinking of an alternative to use walmart rv antifreeze to fill both back tires. May not be the smartest thing to do but I'm gonna try it.

Also thanks for the price on that backhoe. I really like the way it hooks up, and from youtube look's like it preforms well.

/ Ballast #7  
If you use rv antifreeze you will have to use it pure, it won't mix with water.

/ Ballast
I know I will have to use it as is no diluting, but that is cheaper than using the amount of antifreeze I will need to get the proper ratio.
I called Rim Guard to get the dealer contact info the rep there thought maybe they would sell to individuals, but they say not. I may call back to see if they know of a specific dealer that will sell by container.

If anyone is interested I have a shop manual for the DK55 make me an offer and $10 shipping!!!!!!

Last edited:
   / Ballast #10  
I had my tires loaded at a tire repair place. It was inexpensive to do and much more convenient than the Kubota dealerships location. Any tire store that caters to farmers should have it.